Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

My First Amateur Attempt At A Winter Forcast

Snowstorm1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

nothing is impossible when you look at days leading up to christmas 1963 it would be hard to imagine that boxing night the heavens opened and produced the badboy of winters that lasted until march,

now someone forecasted that somewhere in the uk long before it happened because theres always a slight degree of guess work in forcasting.

It was actually Christmas and Boxing Day 1962 — sorry to be a pedant — I happen to view that winter as the holy grail… with the Beatles to add to the mix of wonderfulness.

Posted

" As for the highlighted, why are people so damn concerned about punctuation and speflling :nonono: on here."

Mainly for some to try and use the correctly spelt word is important and could mean consequences (possibly serious thinking of a doctor) if the wrong word is used. Seems a pity to lower your standards just because you are posting on a forum.

A simple example of what a difference a letter can make. You could say "let's have a wether forecast" which actually means "let's have a castrated ram" Not a lot of difference really.

H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Good on him for having a go, braver than me. As for the highlighted, why are people so damn concerned about punctuation and speflling :nonono: on here. If the post can be understood then people should lay off. I aint the worlds best speller, people have had a jibe at mee too in the past and It's damn annoying. If you read this Mr Holmes I'm sure you will agree. (had a joking dig at him on another thread about punctuation) :hi:

Netweather tip of the day........................ If you want to type the degrees celcuis icon i.e 21ºC then for the º mark engauge your numeric lock, hold Alt and on the numeric pad type 1086 and release Alt. Looks better than 21C :hi:

Ive always wondered how to get the o sign, on mine I get > maybe keyboards vary, cant seem to get it

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

It was actually Christmas and Boxing Day 1962 — sorry to be a pedant — I happen to view that winter as the holy grail… with the Beatles to add to the mix of wonderfulness.

lucky lucky you i wernt born in 63:nonono:.

if happen now id explode with excitement but might need maunder type minimum to settled in for awhile more yet lol.

Edited by badboy657

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

" As for the highlighted, why are people so damn concerned about punctuation and speflling :D on here."

Mainly for some to try and use the correctly spelt word is important and could mean consequences (possibly serious thinking of a doctor) if the wrong word is used. Seems a pity to lower your standards just because you are posting on a forum.

A simple example of what a difference a letter can make. You could say "let's have a wether forecast" which actually means "let's have a castrated ram" Not a lot of difference really.

H

perhapes i should call you sir:rofl:

and i did not think we where in a doctors forum.

hes 14 years old and educated and has produced a good forecast,

its good to see younger people taking a interest.

i dont think its fair to pick at his post and i hope he sticks around and posts more often.

and from what ive been seeing in russia and siberia things are set to get colder sooner than later.

once we get into december when things are getting intresting perhapes he could give us a update.:D

Edited by badboy657

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Winter Forcast 2009/10 Just December for Now...

Now i know some of you get all dead serious about people attempting forcasts and not backing it up with information so you know what if you dont want to read it dont read smile.gif

Im just attempting and these are my thoughts smile.gif

December

The first week of December will be windy and rainy in the first few days with temps ranging from 9C-13C.Then as the week progresses high pressure will take over for the end of the week with sunny and warm days for december 10C-13C but chilly night ranging from -1C - 3C.

The Second Week will continue a similar theme but the temps will drop slightly 8C - 11C.

Then As we enter the run upto christmas Low pressure will take over and at first winds will be veering from the west but by the wednesday they will veer northwesterly.Then during Thursday they will veer northerly and polar air flow will drain through the country brining at first snow showers for northern scotland but by the nighttime a polar low will sweep the country leaving a white christmas instore for most places smile.gif . The only areas that could miss out are Southwest england but dont worry you will get some just later in the day. As i was saying during the day a front from the southwest could move through the southwest and up through the country and if this happens there will be a WHITE WONDERLAND!

And then through the last week the snow will go from western areas for a time because a battleground scenrio develops and as this happens eastern areas will see upto 1ft of snow lying in most places by the end of the week.And at the minuite i believe the cold will win out bringing the snow back to western areas of the uk just in time for the New Year.

At the minuite thats all im predicting but on November 1st i will attempt January

Hope you enjoyed the forcast and hopefully espcially the last 2weeks happen! smile.gif

I love your sense of unflinching optimism.

Im afraid im going to have to predict it will be mild, Grey and drizzle over the 'festive' period with the odd sleet shower contaminated with pollution because i'm a miserable lazy old pessimistic teenage b*stard who should be doing homework for college. :D

Mid- End of October looks like it going to be wet and mild, possibly up to 20*C but more likely 16*C and feeling cold in that wind and rain, particularly as many people like myself continue to stand around the place in t-shirts.

Who knows we'll probably break the 1998 warmth record, i mean apart from January every months been well above so far check netwether CET- as i said 2 week outlooks mild too.

I can say NOVEMBER does look like being pretty D*mn good- might see an early winter.

"and from what ive been seeing in russia and siberia things are set to get colder sooner than later."

unless you live in Moscow, winter fun's been banned there along with snow and most things good. [the governments literally going to stop snowfall over Moscow]

Edited by OldGreggsTundraBoy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

" As for the highlighted, why are people so damn concerned about punctuation and speflling :D on here."

H

ummm you spelt weather incorrectly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Keep up your enthusiasm SS1...And, don't worry about a few typos. :D

Posted

Bloodie heck, all we need now is the doom monger Gray Wolf to make a post. WINTER IS CANCELLED..... GO TO YOUR ROOM UNTILL YOU'RE READY TO SAY SORRY!

HI PETE :D

Edited by Chassisbot

Posted

I thoroughly enjoyed your forecast SS1, and I'm pleased to see plenty of early Christmas spirit/support for SS1's first forecast, which, as has already been said by many, has just as much chance of coming off as any other, certainly better than any forecast I could come up with.

I'm keeping the faith that the North East will get loads of snow this Winter :whistling:

Posted

This forecast could happen just like any other. It's actually plausible in terms of the sequence of events. If it were actually to follow fairly accurately, Polar Low and all, there would of course be quite a few "Yah, you/he got lucky, though" messages, but I'd bet the same people who sent them would be avidly reading your forecast come next winter... cool.gif

Posted

Good luck on your forecast, and dont be too worried about the sort of people who try to score points against others spelling mistakes. Well done to you for trying

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

I Like the idea of doing it monthly SS1.

Can you do one for November....if you get some good hits that'll spice it up somewhat.

For me spelling is worthwhile trying to get right, but isn't worthwhile digging at someone for.

BFTP

Edited by BLAST FROM THE PAST

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

BFTP im not going to do one for november but here is a little summary without much detail actually now ive put quite a lot of detail in haha :)

1st week- Mild and sunny at first with temps at 11C-14C but overnight lows 2C-5C so chance of frost then later in the week mild with rain no chance of frost temps 9C-13C

2nd week - to continue with a mild and rainy theme with a westerly flow.

3rd week - to turn progressively colder and the wind to change from a westerly to a northerly and bring heavy snow showers to northern and eastern scotland and right down the east coast of england so i expect there to be a covering in them places for two days. But by the end of the week the rain and mild weather will push back in. The first half of the week temps will be 2C-5C and night lows of -3C- 2C but at the end of the week temps up around 8C-12C and no chance of a frost.

4th week the westerly to turn into a southerly airflow and bring sunny and mildish conditions with temps around 7C-11C but on a nighttime there will be a ground frost with temps around -1C- 3C

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

BFTP im not going to do one for november but here is a little summary without much detail actually now ive put quite a lot of detail in haha :)

1st week- Mild and sunny at first with temps at 11C-14C but overnight lows 2C-5C so chance of frost then later in the week mild with rain no chance of frost temps 9C-13C

2nd week - to continue with a mild and rainy theme with a westerly flow.

3rd week - to turn progressively colder and the wind to change from a westerly to a northerly and bring heavy snow showers to northern and eastern scotland and right down the east coast of england so i expect there to be a covering in them places for two days. But by the end of the week the rain and mild weather will push back in. The first half of the week temps will be 2C-5C and night lows of -3C- 2C but at the end of the week temps up around 8C-12C and no chance of a frost.

4th week the westerly to turn into a southerly airflow and bring sunny and mildish conditions with temps around 7C-11C but on a nighttime there will be a ground frost with temps around -1C- 3C

I like it, you'll see on 1st Nov why :)

Well done

BFTP

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Remember as i have said before this is just what i think currently on what will happen and not to be taken seriously so no bad comments please. :D

Sorry Im A Day Late :D

January 2010

The 1st week - It continues from the easterly from late december and then in this period the winds veer northeasterly and bring even heavier snow showers and by this time from the 1ft of snow in eastern districts increase to 2 or maybe even 3ft. Temperatures in this period will be very low . Daytime maxes between - 7C to -3C. Nightime lows -25C to -18C.

The 2nd week - The same continues to happen as winds keep changing from easterly to northeasterly and the snow in this time in eastern districts will have increased to around 5ft and even in western areas it be around 3ft!

The 3rd week - The winds veer more southerly and then gradually during the week the snow melts and there could be some flooding all around the country but by the end of the week winds will be veering westerly. at the start temps between on a daytime -3C to 2C but by the end of the week temps around 7C - 9C.

The 4th week - The westerly flow will continue until midweek with average temps and the snow will still be melting.Then winds will veer easterly once more and bring heavy snow showers which would top up any remaining snow and bitterly cold temperatures will be back by the end of the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Remember as i have said before this is just what i think currently on what will happen and not to be taken seriously so no bad comments please. :)

Sorry Im A Day Late :D

January 2010

The 1st week - It continues from the easterly from late december and then in this period the winds veer northeasterly and bring even heavier snow showers and by this time from the 1ft of snow in eastern districts increase to 2 or maybe even 3ft. Temperatures in this period will be very low . Daytime maxes between - 7C to -3C. Nightime lows -25C to -18C.

The 2nd week - The same continues to happen as winds keep changing from easterly to northeasterly and the snow in this time in eastern districts will have increased to around 5ft and even in western areas it be around 3ft!

The 3rd week - The winds veer more southerly and then gradually during the week the snow melts and there could be some flooding all around the country but by the end of the week winds will be veering westerly. at the start temps between on a daytime -3C to 2C but by the end of the week temps around 7C - 9C.

The 4th week - The westerly flow will continue until midweek with average temps and the snow will still be melting.Then winds will veer easterly once more and bring heavy snow showers which would top up any remaining snow and bitterly cold temperatures will be back by the end of the week.

I think 3-5 feet of snow and temperatures of -25c is a little too far :D

Posted

I think 3-5 feet of snow and temperatures of -25c is a little too far :D

with that amount of snowcover them low temps would be plausible lol so you never know :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Remember as i have said before this is just what i think currently on what will happen and not to be taken seriously so no bad comments please. :lol:

Sorry Im A Day Late :lol:

January 2010

in 1990 or earlier would have been definitely possible, but not in the christmas pudding, hope you are right with the easterly, but will be more like Feb 2005, with snow yes but upto 4°C in the day

Posted

in 1990 or earlier would have been definitely possible, but not in the christmas pudding, hope you are right with the easterly, but will be more like Feb 2005, with snow yes but upto 4°C in the day

christmas pudding it doesnt matter with the setup ive explained its still possible if everything fell into place :lol: