Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

50 Days To Save The World

Kiwi

Posted

:cold: :lol: :cold: :lol: :shok::shok::shok::shok:

I am almost rendered speechless. Am I dreaming? Is it just me? Did everyone else know and not tell me?

JOHN PRESCOTT IS THE NEW RAPPORTEUR FOR CLIMATE CHANGE FOR THE COUNCIL OF EUROPE?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1230620/I-wont-let-b---s-theyve-deal-Climate-change-envoy-John-Prescott-reveals-unusual-approach-solving-global-warming.html

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :cray::cray::cray::cray:

Posted

JOHN PRESCOTT IS THE NEW *RAPPORTEUR FOR CLIMATE CHANGE FOR THE COUNCIL OF EUROPE*?

What sort of 'job' is that supposed to be ?? If he attends which one of the two Jags will he use to get to his climate-friendly jet to whisk him off to yet another knees-up in the ludicrous aim of saving the world from people like him? And folk wonder why I'm cynical while I'm walking to work at 4.30am in lashing rain,wondering how to pay the fuel bill and get the car (which my missus needs to get her sick dad to one of his frequent hospital visits that day) through it's looming MOT. These people make me thouroughly sick. Tackle climate change? No,I refuse to go off on one....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What sort of 'job' is that supposed to be ?? If he attends which one of the two Jags will he use to get to his climate-friendly jet to whisk him off to yet another knees-up in the ludicrous aim of saving the world from people like him? And folk wonder why I'm cynical while I'm walking to work at 4.30am in lashing rain,wondering how to pay the fuel bill and get the car (which my missus needs to get her sick dad to one of his frequent hospital visits that day) through it's looming MOT. These people make me thouroughly sick. Tackle climate change? No,I refuse to go off on one....

What sort of daft question is that, Laser?? :unsure: :lol:

It's a Jolly Junket, is what it is! :angry:

Posted

Gaaah... of course it is! Why didn't I think of thatdoh.gif ? Had me going for a minute,thinking they were off to change a planet's atmospheric processes by sharing around those ol' CO2 emissions! I feel such a foollaugh.gif !

Posted

Gaaah... of course it is! Why didn't I think of thatdoh.gif ? Had me going for a minute,thinking they were off to change a planet's atmospheric processes by sharing around those ol' CO2 emissions! I feel such a foollaugh.gif !

:angry: :lol: :lol:

One thing, where they've never 'quite' managed to convince me yet, why can't all this Climate Change 'diplomacy' be done via video-conferencing...Do they really need to take x-number of nearly-empty passenger-liners half-way round the world to Copenhagen?? :unsure:

Posted

:unsure: :angry: :lol: :rofl::shok::shok::shok::shok:

I am almost rendered speechless. Am I dreaming? Is it just me? Did everyone else know and not tell me?

JOHN PRESCOTT IS THE NEW RAPPORTEUR FOR CLIMATE CHANGE FOR THE COUNCIL OF EUROPE?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1230620/I-wont-let-b---s-theyve-deal-Climate-change-envoy-John-Prescott-reveals-unusual-approach-solving-global-warming.html

:lol: :lol: :wacko: :wacko: :cray::cray::cray::cray:

This is unashamedly ad-hom, but why could they not have chosen a thin person?

But there is the rather important issue of the impending fossil fuel crisis. The world isn't ready for a fossil fuel free existence, it's a dwindling resource in an energy hungry world. Green taxes to save us from drastic climate change are/can be funnelled into green technology, thus neatly creating a crisis to fund another very important and real crisis, which the governments of the world haven't given enough time, consideration or investment to. We all pay for their blind dependence and belief in a infinite supply of a finite resource.

That's not conspiracy theory, just my take on the current situation.

Aha, realpolitik.

The easy excuse

The problem is that this is a climate science forum, and not a national strategic policy forum. If you want to discuss that I'm sure there are plenty of forums out there for you.

The science behind AGW is very dodgy, and should not be relied on to solve other problems.

Posted
  • Location: A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Guildford, Surrey

Aha, realpolitik.

The easy excuse

The problem is that this is a climate science forum, and not a national strategic policy forum. If you want to discuss that I'm sure there are plenty of forums out there for you.

The science behind AGW is very dodgy, and should not be relied on to solve other problems.

Actually this is a climate change forum - we have threads to discuss the science and threads to discuss the politics. This thread is about Gordon Brown's "50 days to save the world" comment, and is thus firmly in the realms of a political discussion.

Please consider the subject matter of each individual thread before posting.

Many thanks.

smile.gif

CB

Edited by Captain_Bobski

Actually this is a climate change forum - we have threads to discuss the science and threads to discuss the politics. This thread is about Gordon Brown's "50 days to save the world" comment, and is thus firmly in the realms of a political discussion.

Please consider the subject matter of each individual thread before posting.

Many thanks.

smile.gif

CB

Exactly. The remaining supples of oil are irrelevant to this forum.

Posted

Exactly. The remaining supples of oil are irrelevant to this forum.

Exactly what? Read the posts on this thread and perhaps you will understand the context within which Jethro made the comment. Why are the remaining supplies of oil irrelevant to this forum? Have you read all the threads on this forum? Do you know what is or is not considered relevant here? Please try to show a little respect to the existing members on these boards.

Thanks.

CB

Edited by Captain_Bobski

Exactly what? Read the posts on this thread and perhaps you will understand the context within which Jethro made the comment. Why are the remaining supplies of oil irrelevant to this forum? Have you read all the threads on this forum? Do you know what is or is not considered relevant here? Please try to show a little respect to the existing members on these boards.

Thanks.

CB

I'm here to discuss the vagaries of climate science.

What are you here for?

Posted

I'm here to discuss the vagaries of climate science.

What are you here for?

I am on these boards to discuss climate science - that is why I tend not to comment on the more political threads. If you wish to discuss "the vagaries of climate science" then perhaps you should get involved in discussions on those threads in which the science is being discussed. Perhaps you should also consider showing a bit of respect towards others on these boards. So far you seem much more interested in sweeping through thread after thread after thread, waving your hand dismissively at everyone and everything on them. If you wish to have a disucssion then please feel free to get involved, but don't go round telling everybody what they should and shouldn't be thinking, or where they should or shouldn't be posting.

CB

That is why I avoid discussions of oil, thanks for agreeing with me that such discussions are irrelevant.

The science is all I am interested in, and it seems most people agree with me.

The global cooling that continues is something we need to discuss, and approach in a scientific manner.

Posted

That is why I avoid discussions of oil, thanks for agreeing with me that such discussions are irrelevant.

The science is all I am interested in, and it seems most people agree with me.

The global cooling that continues is something we need to discuss, and approach in a scientific manner.

I thought we'd just agreed over on the other thread that global cooling wasn't yet happening?

I didn't (and don't) agree with you at all. The oil comments are relevant in the context of this thread.

Perhaps you should start paying more attention to what other people are saying?

CB

I thought we'd just agreed over on the other thread that global cooling wasn't yet happening?

I didn't (and don't) agree with you at all. The oil comments are relevant in the context of this thread.

Perhaps you should start paying more attention to what other people are saying?

CB

I have listened to you, but am still sure that oil is a distraction to this discussion.

Global cooling looks to have started, and we are seeing whether it continues.

Global warming, well as for that, I can't think of a single sensible person who thinks we're going to notice any of that for a decade or two.

Posted

I have listened to you, but am still sure that oil is a distraction to this discussion.

Global warming, well as for that, I can't think of a single sensible person who thinks we're going to notice any of that for a decade or two.

There is no significant evidence that global cooling has started. I didn't say anything about global warming happening at present.

Your comments about oil being a distraction to this discussion are nonsense. If you want to talk specifically about the science then please focus on the scientific threads, or you can even start one yourself.

Do you think that a thread called "50 Days To Save The World" is going to be a scientific discussion thread?

CB

Posted

Pingo..

A better name would be .. Ping Pong :whistling:

There is no significant evidence that global cooling has started. I didn't say anything about global warming happening at present.

Your comments about oil being a distraction to this discussion are nonsense. If you want to talk specifically about the science then please focus on the scientific threads, or you can even start one yourself.

Do you think that a thread called "50 Days To Save The World" is going to be a scientific discussion thread?

CB

If this discussion is not going to be a discussion of the science, then it should be promptly closed as a discussion.

I'm sure those 50 days to save the world have already passed and the world is fine thank you.

What do you do when your scare has passed?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

If this discussion is not going to be a discussion of the science, then it should be promptly closed as a discussion.

I'm sure those 50 days to save the world have already passed and the world is fine thank you.

Pingo, did you have a ganders at this?

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=8

Posted

With all due respect (i.e. none), it is not up to you to decide which threads should remain open and which should be closed. This is, I believe, still a free society and people can discuss what they like, thank you very much.

You clearly have no idea what this topic is about, because the "50 days" were the lead-up to the Copenhagen Coneference which, unless I am very much mistaken, has not yet happened.

And it's not "my scare" at all. I am a skeptic (I say for the third time) and I think that the over-politicisation of the science is a large part of the problem.

If your attitude is going to continue like this unabated then I can only hope that the mods ban you post haste.

CB

Edited by Captain_Bobski

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Pingo - there are numerous threads within the Climate Change area of the forum, I'm sure if you have a good look through you will find many which discuss the scientific aspects of this topic.

There are also threads, including this one, which aim to discuss the broader aspects of climate change, including the politics and energy issues.

Meanwhile, please do take a look at the link posted earlier outlining the "Code of conduct" expected of all our posters; in case you missed it, here it is again: http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=8

Posted

Gee Whizz! It really does take a severe case of extremism to accuse CB of being a 'warmist'... :rolleyes::rolleyes: