Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Todays Weather And General Chat

MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

11.6C here now after a max of 13.3C at around 3pm. Completely cloudy now, humidity at 85%, unlikely the temperature will drop by too much tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

how often do these stations update as i know fine well that ballykelly is defo not 14! tht was there max today..

They are live stream, meaning they will update as soon as there is a change (Like your own station would) It's not deadly accurate though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

A 1c drop in 11 mins? That's pretty impressive Stephen, what was your maximum today? Also which way is the cloud clearing? I'm West of you I think, knowing my luck when the cloud clears the temperature will rise! :lol: !!

10.7c here. Stupid cloud :o

7.2C now but I cant see it carrying on much further. 6.0C in prestatyn now and in Colwyn Bay :)

My maximum was 13.2C

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

lol... thx ok i shall watch that then but id say the temp will rise...:) edit ballykelly dropped to 9c now and it must be about 6c here now then..

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

7.2C now but I cant see it carrying on much further. 6.0C in prestatyn now and in Colwyn Bay :o

My maximum was 13.2C

14.7c max here today. Blimey 6.0c there! They are currently the coldest locations in the country then, either there is no cloud there at all, or the mountains are playing a huge roll. What are your thoughts on this? I've never seen a temperature drop like that, not even in frost hollows! :lol:

lol... thx ok i shall watch that then but id say the temp will rise...:) edit ballykelly dropped to 9c now and it must be about 6c here now then..

Instead of guessing the temperature use http://www.wunderground.com for your own location :)

7.2C now but I cant see it carrying on much further. 6.0C in prestatyn now and in Colwyn Bay :D

My maximum was 13.2C

According to http://www.wunderground.com you're location doesn't exist! :) :o !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03323.html

scroll down the page until you see the stations, you'll see Heswall about 4 down :)

Posted

http://www.wundergro...ions/03323.html

scroll down the page until you see the stations, you'll see Heswall about 4 down :o

Thanks! Found it :lol: 6.0c there then according to Wunderground. Thats a hell of a drop rate. 5.9c in Prestatyn now! :)

10.7c here, refusing to budge :o

Edited by Hancock

Posted

I dont think the fall in Prestatyn will last much longer, there is cloud cover around Llandudno moving east. That will take about 3 hours to get here, so it could finish a low around 2C or so. It should be 3-4C before 8pm here anyway. I expect to be lower than Prestatyn within half an hour :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

We're in single figures at least here now, 8.9°C, if conditions stay similar maybe 5°C by morning, at least it will feel autumnal and fresh if not frosty.

Edited by James M

Posted

I dont think the fall in Prestatyn will last much longer, there is cloud cover around Llandudno moving east. That will take about 3 hours to get here, so it could finish a low around 2C or so. It should be 3-4C before 8pm here anyway. I expect to be lower than Prestatyn within half an hour :lol:

Unless your temperature stalls (Like it has the last 2 times you were expecting low temps) :) Is this cloud set to clear from my location also? Personally i don't think ill go below 8c tonight :o

How do you know where the cloud is?

Edited by Hancock

Posted

It will clear but the cloud on the other front is moving much faster than the cloud that's over you. 5.9C now, there must be an airfrost tonight surely??

Prestatyn 5.4C. The cloud is stubborn, thats clear looking at the temperatures over NW region now.

Posted

Turned out cloudier than forecast here, so no sign of any cold temperatures yet (although it's supposed to clear later, so a minimum of around 5 is likely tonight). Mainly cloudy all day, with a few bright intervals. Currently overcast, 10.5 deg C, wind light to moderate N. Today's maximum 14.5, last night's minimum 6.3.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted

temp still dropping and is 5.3c with overcast sky outside... sadly.. hopefully well get below 4c so that it isnt warm tomorrow.. stephen if thats the case do you think it could clear hear for 12am to leave a couple of hours of clear spells?

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

It will clear but the cloud on the other front is moving much faster than the cloud that's over you. 5.9C now, there must be an airfrost tonight surely??

Prestatyn 5.4C. The cloud is stubborn, thats clear looking at the temperatures over NW region now.

It isn't stubborn in your area :)

I don't understand why it drops so fast, then with no changed conditions it can slow down and go for like 1c per 2 hours (As it was here last night) You live in an area with really good weather conditions Stephen. The cloud that's over me currently hasnt shifted since last night, it wasn't even forecast. Hopefully it will clear in time before that other front reaches us to allow you to get your first air frost, and me to get into single figures. :lol:

Looks like you have another contendor Stephen! Rhyl is at 5.3c now, BUT HOW?! it's flipping cloudy over there!

Yay! it's 10.4c here :o

Edited by Hancock

Posted

The problem with my location is, it completely stalls like full on breaks and stays there (or rises) for the rest of the night usually after midnight. It's been a fair while since we had temperatures falling like this low at 19:40, actually we struggle to get that in winter.

The only reason it happened so much last winter is because of high pressure. Heswall is very similar to Prestatyn in terms of weather, if there's any breeze it's very mild, but as soon as the wind stops and cloud clears it drops like a stone :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Don't count those chickens just yet! crazy.gif

I thought last night was a certainty untill a load of cloud crashed my party.

Still cloudy here with a very slow temp drop. 6.8c

wallbash.gif

Posted

The problem with my location is, it completely stalls like full on breaks and stays there (or rises) for the rest of the night usually after midnight. It's been a fair while since we had temperatures falling like this low at 19:40, actually we struggle to get that in winter.

The only reason it happened so much last winter is because of high pressure. Heswall is very similar to Prestatyn in terms of weather, if there's any breeze it's very mild, but as soon as the wind stops and cloud clears it drops like a stone :lol:

Fancy swapping micro-climates? :) You live closer to the sea than me don't you? It's amazing how places like Rhyl is a seaside town, yet the sea is having no effect on the night time temperatures. Deep in winter however, we are much colder than Wales!:o

Posted

You wait til we get a normal winter I'll be the one complaining you are 5C below me :)

Posted

sorry for the questions but how often do the meto update their temps because that ballykelly one updated to 9c long before they released their update...

Posted

You wait til we get a normal winter I'll be the one complaining you are 5C below me :o

Normal winter? :D No chance! By normal do you mean this winter? :lol: I do enjoy cold weather. Isnt this winter meant to be a cold one? I think I was looking at one of John Holmes' videos on here and he said it could be a cold one, I don't remember though :)

Currently 10.4c under cloud.

sorry for the questions but how often do the meto update their temps because that ballykelly one updated to 9c long before they released their update...

The Met O update either once every hour or once every 3 hours, I can't remember.

Use either of these:

http://www.wunderground.com

http://www.xcweather.co.uk

:o

Edited by Hancock

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Normal winter? nonono.gif No chance! By normal do you mean this winter? laugh.gif I do enjoy cold weather. Isnt this winter meant to be a cold one? I think I was looking at one of John Holmes' videos on here and he said it could be a cold one, I don't remember though diablo.gif

Currently 10.4c under cloud.

The Met O update either once every hour or once every 3 hours, I can't remember.

Use either of these:

http://www.wunderground.com

http://www.xcweather.co.uk

smile.gif

I use both of them as they are far quicker at updating than meto.

I have station on wunderground too under id: ISOMERSE28

current temp 7.0c so it has actually increased by .2clazy.gif

Posted

well the temp here is at 4.7c here now and the sky has actually cleared but i doubt for much longer at the speed of that cloud.. and i ought to say that that ballykelly station bettter hurry up and update because it must be at least 7c there....

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A dry day with sunny intervals but generally a lot of stcu, particularly this afternoon.

At 1800 g.m.t

Temp', 8.1c

Max' today, 10.1c

Min' last night, 5.7c

Grass min', 3.8c

Rainfall from 0900-1800, nil

Sunshine today, 1.78 hrs

Mean wind speed, 2 mph NW

Highest gust today, 23 mph N at 1103 g.m.t

7 oktas stcu

Vis', 30 miles.

Posted

5.1C now, no sign yet of it pulling up! If this were January an airfrost would be done and dusting within two hours :mellow: