Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben_Cambs

Fifa 10

I have only really played on the new Fifa 10 once, but i really enjoyed it just wondering what your thoughts are on the game and if it will beat the New Pro Evolution Soccer that is due out soon

There are some issues with it though. The referees are terrible and inconsistent. They will blow up for the slightest nudge on a player, but when you get clattered by someone they don't do anything! The AI of the game needs improving as well. Other than that it is a good game.

The referees are terrible and inconsistent.

Good to see the referees are realistic then. :p

Good to see the referees are realistic then. whistling.gif

If you look at it that way yes :p. Another realistic thing with the refs is that the petty little fouls that they give free kicks for are never given in the penalty area! That is very realistic.

I love it, I was always a Pro Evo fan, but the last couple of years i've bought both because FIFA has been improving.

This year FIFA 10 is so good, and the PES 2010 demo felt so bad I probably won't even buy it.

I just received the PC version of PES 2010 in the post today. It's not a major advance over the previous three incarnations (not enough to topple FIFA from the critics' top spot on PS2, PS3 and XBox), but it's far more of an advance than the demo suggested- I think Konami shot themselves in the foot somewhat with that rather rushed demo.

I just received the PC version of PES 2010 in the post today. It's not a major advance over the previous three incarnations (not enough to topple FIFA from the critics' top spot on PS2, PS3 and XBox), but it's far more of an advance than the demo suggested- I think Konami shot themselves in the foot somewhat with that rather rushed demo.

I really want to like it, I even went back on the demo again last night feeling quite optimistic that I might like it, but I still hated it. The controls just feel so slow and unresponsive, it reminds me of what FIFA used to be. The shooting feels good, and the graphics are a massive improvement, probably better than FIFA, but I don't think I could get used to the gameplay.

Maybe when i'm bored with FIFA I will pick up PES cheap and try to get into it.

The things I hate with PES mainly are:

- Most of the club teams don't have proper names

- When youve been used to Fifa controls for such a long time it can be a difficult game to play

- The graphics are not as good as Fifa

Things i like about PES

- You can round the keeper on a 1 on 1, which is impossible on Fifa

- You can do game modes such as the Champions league and Europa League

- You can do more detailed formations

Are there any fans of the daring 2-5-3 formation in here? I used to use a 3-4-3 in the Fifa 2000 days, and then in recent games (PES3, Champ Man 01/02, PES6 and now PES 2010) I have graduated to 2-5-3 which is similar but with the central defender moved into a defensive midfield position. It has served me well- I score more than I let in. Incidentally it was only recently that I realised that table football also uses this formation.

Not sure if the 2-5-3 works as well on FIFA though.

Regarding FIFA 10 I've tried out the PC demo a few more times, and continue to find that it suffers from the same set of problems as the PES 2010 demo- I can only assume that it's down to the lack of nex-gen updates for the PC version. In the meantime there are already patches out for PES that include the official Premiership and, surprisingly, Championship teams, but cross-compatibility is a problem- I ended up reinstalling the game last night.

The things I hate with PES mainly are:

- Most of the club teams don't have proper names

- When youve been used to Fifa controls for such a long time it can be a difficult game to play

- The graphics are not as good as Fifa

Things i like about PES

- You can round the keeper on a 1 on 1, which is impossible on Fifa

- You can do game modes such as the Champions league and Europa League

- You can do more detailed formations

I managed that for the first time ever today on FIFA, was quite proud of myself! :D

I managed that for the first time ever today on FIFA, was quite proud of myself! :)

I will be so happy the day i round the keeper on fifa and score! :D

I will be so happy the day i round the keeper on fifa and score! :D

Its a doddle!....I'll tell you how to do it....what you do is, just before you reach the goalkeeper, you....*error message* please pay £500 to my paypal account to continue to FIFA 10 guarenteed goals dept :)

I will be so happy the day i round the keeper on fifa and score! yahoo.gif

To be fair it was against my brother. He brought the keeper out so I took a touch using the right analog stick to put the ball past the oncoming keeper, I then ran round him and simply passed it into the goal.

Aye, I think even on the PC version the keepers in FIFA are better than those on PES, and I'm yet to score by going round the keeper on a 1-on-1. The most common way to score on the FIFA demo has been simple blasting past the keeper at close range. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, because it's frustrating on one hand having your keeper cock up, but on the other hand, in real life keepers do sometimes make them.

One problem with PES that hasn't gone away in 2010 (though it may have toned down slightly) is the tendency for CPU opponents, when they get a free kick, to blast the ball well over the bar. In contrast I've had a few experiences of getting beaten from free kicks in the FIFA demo. That said, I find it impossible to score free kicks in FIFA, whereas I managed it once recently in PES- partly a consequence of the keepers in FIFA.

On PES i find it easy to round the keeper and score all you have to do is move away from the keeper and the keeper falls to the ground so all you have to do is tap it in

I will be so happy the day i round the keeper on fifa and score! :)

did not realise there was a problem rounding the keeper..ive got fifa 09 and manage to do it on a regular basis...is it just on fifa 10?

Another odd quirk of the FIFA 10 PC demo is that when the computer is awarded penalties against me, I manage to save well over half of them (as opposed to hardly any of them on PES 2010). Is this also the case on the console version of FIFA?

Another odd quirk of the FIFA 10 PC demo is that when the computer is awarded penalties against me, I manage to save well over half of them (as opposed to hardly any of them on PES 2010). Is this also the case on the console version of FIFA?

Yep. The computer is rubbish at penalties in FIFA 10, it's a doddle to score and save against them.

Other than that I have no complaints with FIFA 10, although it is very difficult to round the keeper (although I have managed once and been brought down by the keeper once - resulting in a red card for him and a penalty for me). It's much easier to lob them, almost too easy!