Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Daily Star

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

GSHQ came back with this:

Всегда, поскольку Ежедневная Звезда производит... Иордания. И теперь Пирс разговор Corbyn, о чем он не знает.

В теории, одна полная t*t страница за другим. Вторник 20-ого октября имеет полную голову на штормовой системе. Он знает так о метеорологии, как я делаю о LHC. (Но почему беспорядок с тем, что, если идет не так, как надо, мы являемся все обреченными!! По крайней мере в Европе так или иначе!)

Не стесняйтесь удалять это, если Модники чувствуют, что я ступил из линии, но помню то, что Встреченный Office сказал в апреле как относительно Лета 2009/2008/2007.... (Потребность я говорю больше. Объявленное Изображение)

Весьма не шел согласно плану, и с Ежедневной Звездой, никогда сообщал о приличной фактической точке истории.

Sorry Phil. I couldn't resist. :D

Posted

He's been around for years and been wrong for years. If you think he's better than the met office we'll band together too buy you some good quality specs smile.gif

The MetO have been round even longer, and once upon a time they where good at what they did. Unfortunately political ideologies took hold, and we ended up with a poor man's Met check!! Edited by Solar Cycles

Posted

SC you really do talk a load of twaddle at times.

Please remember that the Hadley Centre and Operational Met are NOT the same. Neither has much to do with the other as I keep trying to explain.

Operational Met is based solely on what the atmosphere shows at T+00 be it today or in 6 months time.

What is indisputable is that the earth has warmed by something of the order of 0.5C to 0.75C over the past 100 years or so.

If that is your GW/AGW aspect of met involvement then so be it-its fact, which no one can dispute. That is very very far from UK Met being involved in some kind of AGW conspiracy.

Posted

SC you really do talk a load of twaddle at times.

Please remember that the Hadley Centre and Operational Met are NOT the same. Neither has much to do with the other as I keep trying to explain.

Operational Met is based solely on what the atmosphere shows at T+00 be it today or in 6 months time.

What is indisputable is that the earth has warmed by something of the order of 0.5C to 0.75C over the past 100 years or so.

If that is your GW/AGW aspect of met involvement then so be it-its fact, which no one can dispute. That is very very far from UK Met being involved in some kind of AGW conspiracy.

Aye, but would you be kind enough to tell the dear readers about the C/O off the MetO, He's no shrinking violet, when it comes to political ideologies John! Edited by Solar Cycles

Posted

Aye, but would you be kind enough to tell the dear readers about the C/O off the MetO, He's no shrinking violet, when it comes to political ideologies John!

off topic, i know. but feel this needs a reply. Met O is a government office funded by our tax. there is no way personal politics can affect the way the office is run. we all have our own politics, and the freedom to air our views. but in government departments you would not last long if you tried to implement your political views using taxpayers money.

Posted

Aye, but would you be kind enough to tell the dear readers about the C/O off the MetO, He's no shrinking violet, when it comes to political ideologies John!

I did reply to that comment from you some time ago SC.

He is NOT the head of the Met Office but the head of the committee-not a paid member of the Met O at all. Any government department with a government remit to make money on at least part of its services has to have a board made up of such people it seems.

Read my link some days ago which takes you into who they all are-NOT, as I have just posted, the head of the Met O at all.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

He is NOT the head of the Met Office but the head of the committee-not a paid member of the Met O at all. Any government department with a government remit to make money on at least part of its services has to have a board made up of such people it seems.

Read my link some days ago which takes you into who they all are-NOT, as I have just posted, the head of the Met O at all.

John you're wasting you time. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Posted

Yes the head of the committee, is a well known political activist, who has very strong personal views on AGW. This is unacceptable for a publically funded body, to appoint a head who is blinkered in his views. I guess that's why the MetO's homepage is awash with AGW headlines, that coupled with it's AGW driven PR machine, is it any wonder the vast majority of the British public, grow tiresome of our once beloved MetO!

Edited by Solar Cycles

Posted

John you're wasting you time. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

nayyyyy :)

as a civil servant for 24 years, i am very glad that the opinion of SC will never come to fruition

Edited by MAF

Posted

Yes the head of the committee, is a well known political activist, who has very strong personal views on AGW. This is unacceptable for a publically funded body, to appoint a head who is blinkered in his views. I guess that's why the MetO's homepage is awash with AGW headlines, that coupled with it's AGW driven PR machine, is it any wonder the vast majority of the British public, grow tiresome of our once beloved MetO!

Can you back that up, SC?

Posted

I haven't grown tired of the Met Office, and I dare say I could ask everyone I meet tonight and ask them, and not a single one will have grown tired of the Met Office.

I imagine what you're trying to say is

is it any wonder the vast majority of the British public [who have expressed they're tired with the Met Office], grow tiresome of our once beloved MetO!

I simply can't imagine on what you base such a staggeringly sweeping statement.

Posted

I've tried several time to download an article about Bill Napier! I'll try again if not I'll post the blog it was on!

Blast it! I'm sorry you will have to look it up for yourselves. It's Bishop Hill Blog. Also can someone tell me why I'm struggling to download, I don't have a problem elsewhere!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

i think the met office shorterm is excellent,

but people are increasingly becoming fedup with crap articals like the bbq summer(although they where half right),

then you got a couple of years back the 100f being pushed apon the public this ofcoarse has not happened,

oh yeah winter 08/09 milder than average bla bla wrong again,

thats the core of peoples upsets with the met office lets not forget they get paid from companys to help but have made some mistakes that cost them companies money them people are not happy.

but id say nobody is unhappy with there shorterm forecast but are maybe trying to achieve to much to soon they cant expect the public to listen to there gw demands if they cant get it right fact they have not got it right.

but to be honest i did read a post on here website pushing back the arctic melt hype which is 1 step in the right direction.

as for the original daily star story thats what they do hype it up,

not much going on in the news so a little fact with a little fiction thats what sells stories,

but this also damages how the public looks at global warming and the met office like many other make there beds.

when if honest there never 100% sure so then dont publish the story this goes for many of the pro warming companys.

its all about ifs and buts POLITICS and MONEY MONEY MONEY LOL.

the met office are a great forecasting company they need to keep it realistic and leave it to the ipcc to do there own dirty work.:diablo:

Edited by badboy657

Posted

SC you win

you obviously know more about how the Met O functions than I do so I defer to your superior knowledge.

If anyone really would like to know how it functions then I'm happy to chat via pm but not on this link thank you.

the offer extends to all except SC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Getting this thread back on topic (ish), here's the latest from Piers Corbyn, he gives dates and specifics so let's see if he's right.

http://www.weatheraction.com/docs/WANews09No75.pdf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Posted

Getting this thread back on topic (ish), here's the latest from Piers Corbyn, he gives dates and specifics so let's see if he's right.

http://www.weatherac...ANews09No75.pdf

Well I for one, think his forecasting techniques have improved tenfold. His summer forecast was spot on, as was last winters. Like I stated before, it's so easy to knock the little guy! Also I see no one cared to comment on Bill Napier?

Posted

Well I for one, think his forecasting techniques have improved tenfold. His summer forecast was spot on, as was last winters. Like I stated before, it's so easy to knock the little guy! Also I see no one cared to comment on Bill Napier?

Do you mean the really rich guy; the one who 'predicts' things that seldom, if ever, materialize?

And, how do you predict the weather using Sunspots, when there aren't any??

Posted

Do you mean the really rich guy; the one who 'predicts' things that seldom, if ever, materialize?

And, how do you predict the weather using Sunspots, when there aren't any??

Tut Tut Pete! You won't have to wait long, to find out more about his forecasting techniques. October 28th is apparently the day he reveals all!

Still no one wants to comment on Bill Napier I see, now there is a fruitcake!!

Posted

He can surely only be a small scone compared to the rich Dundee Cake that is Ken Ring.

Whatever happened to him?

I believe it was either a development of weather forecasting technique using moon spots, or a place came up at the circus.

I can never remember which one, mind.

Edited by Shiny_Bottom_1