Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PJYID

Led Zeppelin (2009)

Well nearing the end of another year, and its gotta be said that what an opportunity Robert let slip by

He has done bugger all this year, that caravan Krauss really has him in her pocket

He could have easily made a new Zep album and done a tour (didnt need to do a tour, would have been happy with a new album)

Jonesy has proved he still has the metal to do it, Pagey would die to do it, Jason was/is good enough to fill the old mans boots.

Robert could then have gone and done the onionsty country and western crap in 2010 !

But I'm afraid we will never see or hear new material from Led Zeppelin again, it was now or never icon_sad.gif

A pity. For me,the only one of the three who has endured is JPJ,perhaps surprisingly.

Strange but true....Robert Plant was the first man to get me tipsy. Sadly I have absolutely no recollection of it, I was 7 years old and giggly after being given a glass of champagne.

Don't hold out much hope for a new Zep album or tour, glad the others aren't contemplating getting someone else to fill his shoes though; Queen without Freddie just isn't Queen, Zep without Plant? Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Strange but true....Robert Plant was the first man to get me tipsy. Sadly I have absolutely no recollection of it, I was 7 years old and giggly after being given a glass of champagne.

I got a little bit typsy with Peter Grant in the Marine Pub in Eastbourne a few times. Mind you, I wouldn't refuse buying him a drink back - he was a big man!

An old college friend of mine John (Jhon) Smithson (ex Mobiles) was playing with Jason for a while on tour in the US but I haven't seen him for yonks.

Okay guys, whatever you say about Led Zep (I've grown to like them over the years) Alison Krauss is a wonderful musician in her own right: Let's go down to the river to bathe, let's go down, let's go down... :wallbash:

Okay guys, whatever you say about Led Zep (I've grown to like them over the years) Alison Krauss is a wonderful musician in her own right: Let's go down to the river to bathe, let's go down, let's go down... biggrin.gif

Yes! Wasn't it she (and Union Station) who did a wonderful song only to be butchered later by some dreadful 'boyband'? I can't recall the title now but I'm sure you'll know,Pete!

Yes! Wasn't it she (and Union Station) who did a wonderful song only to be butchered later by some dreadful 'boyband'? I can't recall the title now but I'm sure you'll know,Pete!

Honestly LG, I don't know. But, then I don't listen to 'boybands'... :rofl:

Honestly LG, I don't know. But, then I don't listen to 'boybands'... whistling.gif

Give over Pete,you can't avoid 'em unless you live in a cave! Anyway,had a quick peek around and this is what I was thinking of

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QjsjZWlRVvo

Can't remember the boyband 'tho.

Sadly, Mr Plant (that sounds weird) doesn't need the money and prefers to explore musical avenues rather than bow to the wishes of the faithful.

Hopefully, the others have the sense not to try to go on tour with another singer. No one could match this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kNEo8OxrT8

Oh and my connection is that the manager's son, Warren, knocked me down a flight of stairs at school. Sadly, Mr Plant never tried to get me tipsy.

The lead singer from my favourite band Alter Bridge called Myles Kennedy auditioned with them a year back but nothing came of it, sad really. Apperantly they didn't want to tour with a different singer from Plant in the end but they was impressed with Myles, I wish Myles would have joined them because he has a 4 octave range and can also play guitar expertly.

It's interesting that they were looking, and I'm sure your mate - with that frankly astonishing range - could have done it technically, but I don't think the hard core fans would have been any happier than Beatles fans were when John Lennon married Yoko Ono. It was a bit different with Queen and ACDC given that the lead singers couldn't ever have come back, but to take on that role while RP is still around. No way!

Give over Pete,you can't avoid 'em unless you live in a cave! Anyway,had a quick peek around and this is what I was thinking of

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QjsjZWlRVvo

Can't remember the boyband 'tho.

Specially for you, direct from the Batcave:

:(

Specially for you, direct from the Batcave:

good.gif

There was no call for that!

Anyway,as others have said,you can't have an LZ reunion without RP,anything else would just be a cover-band even if 50% of it was present and correct. It's just not right,I say.

Agree 100%. The only Led Zep is the real Led Zep!

interesting, didnt think there would be any Zep fans on here !

I think the right decesion was made not to go ahead with a plant less Zep, just wouldnt have been right !

Glad Jonesy has got the "Them Crooked Vultures" together, the bits and bobs that I heard sounds amazing

Plant will do whatever he wants, and fair play to him, but to turn down something that would have been very special, very sad

Feel sorry for Page, hes again left out on his own kicking his heels

oh well, they might at some point release the 2007 O2 gig.......

Shall we keep this going for a little while...?

When I was a teenager I hung around with a bunch of hippy types,y'know,backside hanging out of ripped flares,beads, hair down to the ground,non-prescription herbs(!),kaftans etc etc,the works! One of 'em was so obsessed with LZ III that he'd pray to the sleeve cover at night. Don't know what he said,and I swear it wasn't really me!! I told him to lay off the ol' Liberty Caps but he wouldn't listen. I think he's a bank manager or something,these days. Such a shame.

Anyways,apart from the usual ( Stairway,Black Dog,Kashmir,Rock 'n' Roll etc),what's everyone's Desert Island LZ tunes? I think my top five would be...

What Is And What Should Never Be, Tangerine, The Rain Song,The Rover and Achilles Last Stand. Good choice...?

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Yes, Alison and Union Station do a lovely version of 'When you say nothing at all' on their live album from 2002smile.gif . I think this might be the 'boyband' reference you refer to?

Too many good Led Zep songs to choose from - love 'Kashmir' 'Tea for One' 'Rock n'Roll' 'STH' etc etc

I have had the priviledge of meeting Jimmy Page (very briefly)

Back in the late 80's Jimmy used to live in Windsor, in Michael Caines old house (Mill House) right on the River Thames, was in Windsor one Saturday afternoon and literaly bumped into him and his wife and kids in a clothes shop (back then it was the Blonde one who he subsequently divorced)

Although in total shock (like omg it's Jimmy page!!) I managed to ask him for his autograph, but had no pen nor paper to write on (yeah I know - duh!)

He very kindly suggested that we ask the assistant behind the till, if we could borrow a pen and a bit of paper !

One signature a few minutes later and he was on his way. very humbling experience, and yes that little bit of paper remains pride of place in my Led Zep collection.

It's interesting that they were looking, and I'm sure your mate - with that frankly astonishing range - could have done it technically, but I don't think the hard core fans would have been any happier than Beatles fans were when John Lennon married Yoko Ono. It was a bit different with Queen and ACDC given that the lead singers couldn't ever have come back, but to take on that role while RP is still around. No way!

I agree mate, wouldn't have been the same without Plant, the hardcore fans wouldn't have been too pleased. Still... If you want to check him out and hear his music, type Myles Kennedy into Youtube :wacko:

interesting, didnt think there would be any Zep fans on here !

I think the right decesion was made not to go ahead with a plant less Zep, just wouldnt have been right !

Glad Jonesy has got the "Them Crooked Vultures" together, the bits and bobs that I heard sounds amazing

Plant will do whatever he wants, and fair play to him, but to turn down something that would have been very special, very sad

Feel sorry for Page, hes again left out on his own kicking his heels

oh well, they might at some point release the 2007 O2 gig.......

All is not as it seems on Netweather, through the gaze of wondering sky held faces, lurks the inner little rock devil, and I'd say alot on here are into good old classic rock...dunno if there is any heavy metal folk like me also.