Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Backtrack

What Season Do You Like Walking Your Dog?

What season do you like walking your dog best?

Gotta be winter in the snow for me :)

Haven't got a dog and don't think the cats would take kindly to being dragged around by a lead! But if I had,it'd be in deep midwinter,hard frost,early morning just getting light,along the canal walkway. Poor dog...

I've got a dog and walking in the winter can be fantastic, but since you have to walk him 3 times a day whether you want to or not, it's got to be summer. Walking in the winter when he runs of in the fields when its foggy, wet and horrible, he refuses to come back and I have to chase after him is not fun.

I've got a dog and walking in the winter can be fantastic, but since you have to walk him 3 times a day whether you want to or not, it's got to be summer. Walking in the winter when he runs of in the fields when its foggy, wet and horrible, he refuses to come back and I have to chase after him is not fun.

LOL! summer i like for the lighter nights and earlier mornings. When i took him at just gone 6am it was still dark. But getting up very early in Winter and seeing the frost is really nice :)

Haven't got a dog and don't think the cats would take kindly to being dragged around by a lead! But if I had,it'd be in deep midwinter,hard frost,early morning just getting light,along the canal walkway. Poor dog...

I've seen many of people taking cats for walks on leads!

Hate walking Oz in the height of summer unless it's down by the coast. Tis too hot and bleugh. For me has to be winter too, don't even mind walking in the rain, skins waterproof and so is me coat.

This time of year is nice too, walking along with the fantastic autumn colours :)

Haven't played with a yo-yo for years. But, definitely better in the summertime. :)

Late Autumn is the best for me. I love the colours and the frost on the ground all crunchy and crisp underfoot and in the park you can see all the trails of other dog walkers if you go early enough.

I don't mind the rain either and the dog loves the wind chasing the leaves around is an endless source of fun for him.

Miss Shoreline walks and 'looks-after' dogs on a regular basis so like many, she dosen't have a choice, rain or shine!

We don't actually own a dog but every week we take out the outlaws Cocker and any others that are staying with us either over the Downs, along the beach if the tide is right, or out to Seven Sisters Country Park.

gallery_6667_460_151187.jpg

I prefer late Spring / early Autumn but all seasons are great, I just hate the smell of wet dog in the car when it's been raining or they've jumped in the dew pond!

Miss Shoreline walks and 'looks-after' dogs on a regular basis so like many, she dosen't have a choice, rain or shine!

We don't actually own a dog but every week we take out the outlaws Cocker and any others that are staying with us either over the Downs, along the beach if the tide is right, or out to Seven Sisters Country Park.

gallery_6667_460_151187.jpg

I prefer late Spring / early Autumn but all seasons are great, I just hate the smell of wet dog in the car when it's been raining or they've jumped in the dew pond!

:unsure: Autumn is nice. Thats a nice dog. Give me 5 mins and i'll show mine :ph34r:

Here we go... His name is laddy :ph34r:

Im not sure what type of dog he is... He's a Collie crossed with something but we're not sure!

I don't like walking my dog in season because all the other dogs follow it.

:unsure: ! They tend to do that in any season, OON lol.

post-8895-12548275385154_thumb.jpg

I don't have a dog either, but I walk my youngest son to school every day (although I should point out he doesn't need a lead).

I like all the seasons; they each have their own charms, but I don't like walking in the rain.

It's raining today. :lol:

Laddy looks very nice.

For me I think it's got to be Autumn but that's conditional upon it being dry and frosty, get to work outside in the rain all day so really don't want it in my spare time too. Very early mornings in summer, just as the sun comes up is another favourite, earlier this year in deep snow was great fun too.

The dogs don't care about the weather so long as it's out, they're more interested in where they're going, beach best of all, close runner up are woods with lots of pheasants to scatter to the four winds.

Coast; if the in-laws ever need a new home for him, can I have first dibs please, I'd have a matching pair then.

Chester and Hedley....

post-6280-12548430207007_thumb.jpg

I don't have a dog either, but I walk my youngest son to school every day (although I should point out he doesn't need a lead).

I like all the seasons; they each have their own charms, but I don't like walking in the rain.

It's raining today. :girl_devil:

Laddy looks very nice.

I have a treck most days coming home from school too :unsure: We have just had to come in from taking the dog, the rain was far too heavy. Even the dog has a cold and keeps sneezing :good:

For me I think it's got to be Autumn but that's conditional upon it being dry and frosty, get to work outside in the rain all day so really don't want it in my spare time too. Very early mornings in summer, just as the sun comes up is another favourite, earlier this year in deep snow was great fun too.

The dogs don't care about the weather so long as it's out, they're more interested in where they're going, beach best of all, close runner up are woods with lots of pheasants to scatter to the four winds.

Coast; if the in-laws ever need a new home for him, can I have first dibs please, I'd have a matching pair then.

Chester and Hedley....

Chester and Hedley are lovely... I wish i lived really close to the beach like you do :)

We are lucky, nearest beach is about an hour away but you've got to time it right, if the tide is out, it's really, really out with no hope of getting anywhere near the water. Bonus is it stretches for miles, it's bordered by vast dunes which are nature reserves so there's no development and barely a soul in sight; there is sinking mud between you and the water at low tide and because quite a few fatalities have happened in recent years, it's strictly patrolled by a man in a large 4x4.

How's the new doggy settling in?

We are lucky, nearest beach is about an hour away but you've got to time it right, if the tide is out, it's really, really out with no hope of getting anywhere near the water. Bonus is it stretches for miles, it's bordered by vast dunes which are nature reserves so there's no development and barely a soul in sight; there is sinking mud between you and the water at low tide and because quite a few fatalities have happened in recent years, it's strictly patrolled by a man in a large 4x4.

How's the new doggy settling in?

Around an hour? That's about the same as us with the nearest being New Brighton which is about 30 mins away, with the real coast being North Wales which is about 40 mins away.

Dog is settling in well thanks, just took him for a walk :)

He is a real cutie Hancock. I am sure you will have many a great walk with him and many of them in the rain :)

What's his name?

Around an hour? That's about the same as us with the nearest being New Brighton which is about 30 mins away, with the real coast being North Wales which is about 40 mins away.

Don't forget about Crosby, there's a nice beach there.

Dog is settling in well thanks, just took him for a walk :(

Brean is the closet to here but it's all cross country including going through Cheddar Gorge which is a nightmare, whatever the time of year. Other than that it's Minehead and that coast, slow roads all the way. That's what you get for living in the middle of the Mendips, takes ages to get anywhere.

Don't forget about Crosby, there's a nice beach there.

I didn't include that :drinks: I actually like Crosby, Have you seen those statues in the sand?

Brean is the closet to here but it's all cross country including going through Cheddar Gorge which is a nightmare, whatever the time of year. Other than that it's Minehead and that coast, slow roads all the way. That's what you get for living in the middle of the Mendips, takes ages to get anywhere.

You must live in a nice place - I went on holiday to Cheddar Gorge some time ago :D

He is a real cutie Hancock. I am sure you will have many a great walk with him and many of them in the rain :lol:

What's his name?

His name is Laddie :)

I didn't include that :drinks: I actually like Crosby, Have you seen those statues in the sand?

Yes, I've seen them a few times... I live within walking distance.

How's Laddie settling in?

Yes, I've seen them a few times... I live within walking distance.

How's Laddie settling in?

Oh i see, must be a nice walk for you ;)

Laddie is settling in fine thanks :whistling:

Well I've never owned a dog but when I went on holiday a few years ago, where I stayed the owner had a really nice collie dog black and white, she was well trained. I would take the dog out walks to the beach in the summer sometimes 2 times a day, the dog would go in swimming with the seals. So if I had a dog I would say any season with nice weather is good.

This is easy.

As an owner of two cheeky whippets, the answer has to be dry weather, irrespective of the season. In winter its great to get out when the ground is frozen, otherwise it is a mess. Most dog owners I'm sure who have to do 'poo patrols' like summer for the fact the turds get baked hard and easy to collect. Similarly in winter, a good frost and ice/snow makes them substantially easier to pick up. Walking dogs in snow is an absolute treat, as it is most times of years when the weather is dry. After prelonged wet spells, irrespective of the time of year it is a much larger chore. So as long as it is not a complete quagmire, any time of year will do.

Have said about ice/snow, in February this year when it started thawing I had several vintages of turds to collect laid down in various snow layers over a fortnight.

unfortunately it will be some time before i can walk our new dog. about 3 weeks if the vet agrees he is well enough for his jabs. so about beginning of november. by which time he will be 13 weeks old. so i think he will only be taken uot in daylight as been so young the fireworks will probably scare him. i loved walking my old dog in autumn/winter/spring. summer was great, but he hated hot weather and wouldn't venture far.