Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louby

What Do You Look For In A Game?

So what do you look for in a game?

Amazing Graphics, decent gameplay? What is important to you?

I'm not a big gamer but of the ones I've tried it's good to be able to at least complete the first level without too much stress but to have chances to go back over and improve once you have completed that level. Lego Batman on the DS allows you to do this which is really good to help you to master the moves/controls

I like to ease into a game, something that starts of fairly easy and gets more difficult as it goes through, if it is difficult straight off I get p'eed off with it very quickly.

I like decent graphics too but it is not essential for me, good gameplay and a decent length of game play is a must, I hate just getting into a game and then it ends.

Going way back in the beginning of fairly decent graphics I played echo the dolphin, I finished it in a couple of hours, was gutted as this was pre trade in, so took it back and said it didn't work :ph34r: bad bad Louby.

For me its simply 2 words....."hookability" and "lastability" i.e, initial hook, and how long that hook lasts for.....an example was Wolfenstein, good hookability but completed it in 4 days, so no lastability, result = poor game.......Civilization 4, good hookability, great lastability, result = great game!....:lol:

Number one for me has to be gameplay. It's the reason why I enjoyed the original Doom and the original Half-Life so much. Good graphics are not essential to me, but impressive visuals can help, especially when they are used effectively to create a good atmosphere. I find Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion particularly good regarding the "atmospheric visuals" part.

I think it's important for gameplay to get the balance right regarding difficulty (I don't want an easy romp, but nor do I want to be dying and reloading constantly). It should also refrain from being too repetitive and predictable, which I found to be a problem with Doom 3 and to a lesser extent Half-Life 2. One recurring issue with many modern games is that the emphasis on graphics results in gameplay being sacrificed.

Number one for me has to be gameplay. It's the reason why I enjoyed the original Doom and the original Half-Life so much. Good graphics are not essential to me, but impressive visuals can help, especially when they are used effectively to create a good atmosphere. I find Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion particularly good regarding the "atmospheric visuals" part.

I think it's important for gameplay to get the balance right regarding difficulty (I don't want an easy romp, but nor do I want to be dying and reloading constantly). It should also refrain from being too repetitive and predictable, which I found to be a problem with Doom 3 and to a lesser extent Half-Life 2. One recurring issue with many modern games is that the emphasis on graphics results in gameplay being sacrificed.

Assasins creed is the most repetitive game in the world. It's a horrible game to play.

I look for good graphics and a good story!