Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Native Spider Bites

SP1986

Posted

Thats the little fellas, or is it pholcus phalangioides! james cheers, foz

Thank god its not them !

Lol!! they asked me to hold the jar for the photo but I wouldn't go near it, so a co worker did it instead :good:

• 4 weeks later...

hi, my son is allergic to house spider bites. Yes thats right, House spiders, the big buggers. When he was a year old he was bitten by one in his cot and spent 3weeks in intensive care from a severe allergic reaction. He is seven now and woke up in the middle of the night in intense pain (tuesday night). His leg was swollen and we went into anaphalactic shock. The culprit- A great big house spider in his bed!!!!!! same as before. There are no native spiders that are toxic to humans unless you have this sensitivity. He is fine by the way, used his allergy pen and the hospital released him the next day.

Edited by tallieho

Posted

Never been bitten by a spider, despite often picking them or letting them wander over me.

Found a very silly female Araneus diadematus (European Garden Spider)in my kitchen today. I think it spent most of its day on it's back ...... It was trying to climb the skirting board but kept falling back. In the end I gave up turning it over and just put it out in the garden.

Edited by Essan