Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M'Lady

Desert Island Castaway.

Let's imagine, for unexplained reasons you (and your nearest and dearest - if you want to have them with you), are about to be marooned on a desert island. As a bonus, you will have Ray Mears (or someone of similar calibre) with you, so you don't have to worry about food, drink or shelter... just three little luxuries you couldn't be without. Forms of transport or electronic devices to aid rescue are forbidden.

What would you take?

1) My MP3 player loaded with all the tracks I could squeeze on it

2) A very large supply of dark rum (my island is in the Caribbean)

3) A fresh pair of undies

I would also like to take a picture of M'Lady with me, perhaps she could replace Ray Mears?

hmmmmm Laptop filled with loads of music and games (of course it would have to be a solar powered one), my camera kit without a doubt, because those tropical storms will be awesome, and Ozzy I need him to keep me fit and explore the jungle that is on the middle of the island.

What about you M'lady?

A conker (pickled not oven baked)

A used tyre from a scrapped Ford Fiesta (must have been blue in colour)

3 x house bricks (does this count as one item?)

A Mk 1 Fiesta? I know where I can get you one I think.

House bricks - frogged or perforated?

1) A knife and fork - I'm not a savage you know, I will not stoop to eating food with my fingers! (One should always eat one's fingers seperately)

2) A portable toilet - I mean, doing one's business in a hole in the ground? how uncouth!

3) A large supply of Stella Artois - enabling me to drop my airs and graces so I can kick off with the local natives!

:doh: Frogged :lol: FROGGED!!!!!!!

FROGGED!!!!

post-6667-12537972083369_thumb.jpg

Sorry M'Lady! smiley-off-topic-sign.gif

1) A knife and fork - I'm not a savage you know, I will not stoop to eating food with my fingers! (One should always eat one's fingers seperately)

2) A portable toilet - I mean, doing one's business in a hole in the ground? how uncouth!

3) A large supply of Stella Artois - enabling me to drop my airs and graces so I can kick off with the local natives!

But what if the locals are teatotal?!

FROGGED!!!!

post-6667-12537972083369_thumb.jpg

Sorry M'Lady! smiley-off-topic-sign.gif

*yoink* I'll have that brick I am sure I can use that in banter sometime, always handy to have a heavy object to throw at someone!

I'd take a Sundial (useless if cloudy but as its a "desert" island I suspect there'd be plenty of sun) for time tracking.

A Knife to hunt food, build shelter, make a fire..I don't need Ray Mears looking after me, I can do it myself :doh:

A good long Book to read and pass away the time.

I would also like to take a picture of M'Lady with me, perhaps she could replace Ray Mears?

I'm a vain and sensitive soul you know and don't take kindly to the suggestion I could be used as a stand in for the dear Ray Mears; I look nothing like him. (And I'm squeamish.)

A used tyre from a scrapped Ford Fiesta (must have been blue in colour)

A blue tyre? That's very specific... and nigh on impossible to obtain.

* ahem * excuse me M'lady you haven't answered my question, now get your pretty shoes back up to the top of the page and read it! pwetty pwease :doh:

* ahem * excuse me M'lady you haven't answered my question, now get your pretty shoes back up to the top of the page and read it! pwetty pwease :doh:

Curses, I was hoping to get away with it! Having spent all afternoon pondering it I've decided...

1. The Discworld series of books by Terry Pratchett.

2. The complete Blackadder DVD collection. (And something to play them on.)

3. My extra comfy recliner chair.

This is, of course, assuming that Mr Mears has located a chocolate tree and a Baileys or Pimms fountain (or both).

It goes without saying that I would take the Lordships with me. M'Lord says he'd only require one item... a fully loaded Winnebago!

I would have to take some sunscreen, a knife (for food and building shelter) and some fire lighters (to light the signal fire) so the big luxurious yacht can come and get me!

Mmmm, a very good question.

1. Myself, but why would I want to be there anyway without any nightclub entertainment? So that's rather counter-productive.

Otherwise...

1. A laptop, in the hope that I can obtain WiFi. (Which probably wouldn't be possible!)

2. A few Cds and DVDs and a rather large solar panel so I can recharge the laptop battery when it runs out.

3. A message in a bottle saying "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!" when my mobile phone battery fizzes out.

Phil.

But Jan, M'lady has given you Ray mears for the food and surviving! You'll have to pick something else :good:

Phil, surely you could put your CD's and DVD's on your laptop? so again you could have picked something else :yahoo:

beer

some more beer

even more beer

can you see a trend here laugh.gif

i actually think i would cope quite well on my own on an island *

* for about 3 days

nonono.gif they have Customs on this Island, no beer allowed laugh.gif

what other customs do they have Lou?

midnight parties (for one), sunday roast (for one) ... :yahoo: :lol: :good:

After watching Myth Busters can I take lots of Duck tape with me M'lady?

After watching Myth Busters can I take lots of Duck tape with me M'lady?

If you think you might need a lot of ducks taping dear girl! Do you want to take the Mythbusters team as well... for entertainment purposes.

OOoooo now there's a thought! Can I take them instead of Mr Mears?

1. My camera - with an inexhaustible supply of data cards and batteries. Don't care if no one ever gets to see any of my photois, but I couldn't face all those glorious sunsets and distant tropical thunderstorms without a camera! :(

2. Hmmm, tricky: cider press, wine press or still? I guess a cider press would be easiest and best for making use of whatever fruits I come across :(

3. A mobile Library stocked with a couple of thousand books of my selection. I do like to have a book to read whilst enjoying a cool pint of mango and kiwi cider, watching the sun set over Ray Mears as he slowly roasts on the spit. Hmmm, I can smell the juices now ....... :(

1. An accoustic guitar, gotta have campfire songs.

2. Photograph of the wee nipper

3. A Huge bundle of cigarettes

A neverending supply of smoke and alcohol;

A neverending supply of computers with music;

An acoustic guitar with everlasting strings that always stay in tune;

A magical means of getting shot of the Bible and the Shakespeare, which I'd want even less than a hole-in-the-head! :wallbash: