Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weather-history

Can You Believe This Was Number 1 In The Charts, 10 Years Ago?

Unfortunately I can believe it and embarrassingly I bought the first two on CD single :yahoo:

Gary Numan's Cars is a classic and I've had an MP3 download of the 1987 'E Reg Model' remix playing just recently. I met Gary at an Aircraft display where he was flying his Harvard, a quiet guy, I understand he's recently moved to East Sussex.

i'm ashened of face to say i bought the eiffel song on cd. interesting how their chart career went anything but stratospheric after that. it was catchy though. gary numan was brilliant in his day

I bought Eiffel 65 on tape, I loved it, I was 17 and up until a recent bootsale it was still in my posession!

now this is a classic example of what i dislike about net weather forums..not the topic but the replies.

there is so much cultural snobbery and down right sneering that goes on. why should you be embarrassed or feel ashamed that you bought a certain CD or watch a certain programme on TV etc.

What is even worse is when people slate something that they have never listened to or watched :D rant over!!

anyway i loved carl douglas kung fu fighting when i was a kid..and they were fast as ligthing (kicks or kids???)

3 of those songs are similar type in electro pop/dance Gary numan cars was well ahead of it`s time,just been redone but faster heard on Radio 1.

Remember first time I heard Black box great song at the time 6 weeks or more at no 1, and Eiffel 65 first time I heard that was on Simon Mayo(spelt wrong I think)

Remember all those tunes besides 35 years ago :)