Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louby

Which Game?

With alot of new and looking good games due for release which ones will you be spending your pennies on?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Ratchet and Clank

Need for speed (already out)

Formula 1 2009

Forza

Uncharted 2

Gran turismo (if they ever release it)

add more if you can think of them...

which ones will you be buying?

With alot of new and looking good games due for release which ones will you be spending your pennies on?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Ratchet and Clank

Need for speed (already out)

Formula 1 2009

Forza

Uncharted 2

Gran turismo (if they ever release it)

add more if you can think of them...

which ones will you be buying?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 *Pre Ordered*

Ratchet and Clank *Check*

Need for speed (already out) *Already Own*

Formula 1 2009 *Unsure*

Forza *Nope*

Uncharted 2 *Pre Ordered*

Gran turismo (if they ever release it) March 2010 *Pre Ordered*

Will definately get Call of Duty and Formula 1 2009. The new need for speed looks a bit crap - i prefer the older ones like Underground and would love to get Gran Turismo but dont have a PS3 sad.gif

Hemmy you are becoming a game junkie!

Well I shall definately be getting Call of duty MW2 looks awwwwwwwesome! also Ratchet and Clank is on my Xmas pressie list

formula 1, yes, as I havent played an F1 game in ages...F1 2002 was the last one I played....Going to give Call of Duty a miss, as I've got utterly bored with that franchise....I bought Wolfenstein two weeks ago, and finished it in 4 days, so I've had enough of FPS for a while....I'm looking forward to Football Manager 2010, Forza 3 & FIFA/PES 2010 :yahoo:

You can't beat a good MegaDrive Compilation :D

my lad is wanting the new F1, I have yet to play the old one! looks good though

With a lot of new and looking good games due for release which ones will you be spending your pennies on?

None of the above, but it will be interesting to see which teams and drivers get included in Formula One 2009 as they seem to be dropping out and changing race by race!!!!

From what I have been told and what I have seen Uncharted 2 looks to be the game of the year, the mutts nuts!

Is the demo available for download W09?

ahhh, okey dokey. Ta. I shall just be a patient bunny then :D

You can't beat a good MegaDrive Compilation :D

gotta mega drive emulator on my oringinal xbox great console when its soft modded along with gameboy advanced emulator and snes dreamcast and lots more lol:whistling:

as to games on xbox 360 and ps3 well theres loads on 360 iwant and 1 on ps3.

xbox360:

1.cod mw2

2.forza 3

3.left for dead2

4.dragon origins

currently own

guitar hero5

halo odst

marvel ultimate alliance 2

gears of lag switch 2

burnout paridise

trival persuit

tales versperia

star ocean

call of duty modern warfare

lips

pgr 3 & 4

fable 2

halo3

viva pinata

test drive

grand theft auto iv

arcade collection

ps3 i want 1 game :white knight cronicals

i dont own any ps3 games use it as media server for streaming bluray and music which its good for sound perfect through 1000watts sorround sound through optical.

oh sorry i have ps3 arcade games qbert outrun and final fantasy 7 which is the all time classice rpg.

i have 1 xbox 360 elite 1 xbox360 acarde 1 ps3 modded xbox original and ofcoarse my pc 50meg broadband id say i love new tec sooooo much.

i know blaaa blaa blaaa lol.:lol:

I've played the Uncharted 2 Beta and it's a fantastic game, that is, if you like action/adventure games. Played PES10 demo, but hasn't changed much since 08 so won't be investing in that one. And Pre-ordered Modern Warfare 2. The rest I'm not really interested in.

i used to love the pro evolution soccer series..but it hasnt changed at all since pes 3 on the ps2 which is hugely disapointing..my 12 yr old has pinch my xbox 360..so he desperatley wants cod modern warfare 2..and halo 3 ODST..i dont like Halo i think its a bag of spanners...i do love cod world at war esp the nazi zombies...any kind of add on like that planned for modern warfare game???

awwwww our little buffed bottomed friend :doh: if you did what sort of game would you be playing? driving? war type or what?

A driving shoot-em' up on a football pitch :lol:

To be fair actually, use to love the driving games, so would love to experience GT5. F1 sounds good, but Mrs SB1 would be on it all the time :doh:

F1 2010 (don't understand why the 2009 one is only on Wii and PSP), Forza 3 and FIFA 10 (really cannot wait for it, demo was immense). I refuse to play on FIFA 09 now after playing the FIFA 10 demo. I think COD is crap tbh - really dislike it.

Regarding PES and FIFA, I first got into football games via FIFA 2000, but then played a demo of PES3 for PC and got blown away. I subsequently purchased PES3 and then PES6. Until recently I always felt that PES had the edge over FIFA, but reading reviews of the latest incarnations, it sounds like the FIFA series has got a shift on and has arguably overtaken PES.

Regarding new titles, if Valve releases a pack with Left for Dead 1 & 2 at a reasonable price (they have a habit of doing that sort of thing on Steam) I might be tempted. Doom 4, unless they cripple it with GTA IV-level DRM (unlikely knowing id Software and Bethesda Softworks) is another title I'll definitely be picking up when it comes out, probably sometime in 2010 or more likely 2011.

I must admit I'm not really into the likes of Call of Duty. Regarding Formula One racing I'm happy to stick with Geoff Crammond's ageing-but-still-good Grand Prix 4 for now.

Regarding PES and FIFA, I first got into football games via FIFA 2000, but then played a demo of PES3 for PC and got blown away. I subsequently purchased PES3 and then PES6. Until recently I always felt that PES had the edge over FIFA, but reading reviews of the latest incarnations, it sounds like the FIFA series has got a shift on and has arguably overtaken PES.

Regarding new titles, if Valve releases a pack with Left for Dead 1 & 2 at a reasonable price (they have a habit of doing that sort of thing on Steam) I might be tempted. Doom 4, unless they cripple it with GTA IV-level DRM (unlikely knowing id Software and Bethesda Softworks) is another title I'll definitely be picking up when it comes out, probably sometime in 2010 or more likely 2011.

I must admit I'm not really into the likes of Call of Duty. Regarding Formula One racing I'm happy to stick with Geoff Crammond's ageing-but-still-good Grand Prix 4 for now.

FIFA is continuing to widen the gap over PES (I admit at one point I thought the two were neck-and-neck), FIFA has always had the advantage because it is fully licensed with proper teams and competitions. PES had better gameplay, with quick players. Until the new FIFA 10 demo, FIFA always had sluggish players and even more sluggish reactions, but if the FIFA 10 demo is anything to go by then that seems to have been put to bed.

Having had a test-run of the demos of FIFA 10 and PES 10, I think FIFA 10 might have the edge gameplay wise. PES 2010 is an improvement on PES6 gameplay wise, with a more "dynamic" feel and less of those semi-scripted annoyances (like teleporting defenders) that plagued PES6, but it feels like more of an evolution. Whereas FIFA 10, gameplay wise, blew me away- I felt like I had more control over what I did with the ball and to me it felt that little bit more realistic than PES.

However, I personally don't mind the lack of licenses for PES because the powerful edit mode (significantly improved over 2006 according to previews) makes it easy to create close approximations of the licensed teams or download other people's from the internet. Which brings me onto the main issue with FIFA: lack of a decent edit mode (unlike the old incarnations of FIFA that I have, 2000 & 2001) because I like to put custom teams with my mates on. PES also seems to have finally improved its menu & navigation systems which were always a pain in PES6, and the graphics seem better than FIFA's (which surprised me). Crowd sounds are about equal. Commentary for FIFA is OK IMHO while on PES the jury is out, but given PES's poor commentary track record I don't think it will be as good.

I've been impressed by both incarnations and will probably be buying one of them this year (it's four years since I last bought a football game), but I'll be waiting to see some reviews and clips of in-game footage before I make my decision. It may well boil down to how well-ported the two games are to PC.

FIFA is continuing to widen the gap over PES (I admit at one point I thought the two were neck-and-neck), FIFA has always had the advantage because it is fully licensed with proper teams and competitions. PES had better gameplay, with quick players. Until the new FIFA 10 demo, FIFA always had sluggish players and even more sluggish reactions, but if the FIFA 10 demo is anything to go by then that seems to have been put to bed.

i would disagree with the first part of this statement. PES was always superior to FIFA until recently i dont buy the rubbish it has all the kits and players because it fully licenced. FIFA was always too slow and suffered badly from sticky ball sydrome :whistling: PES was much slicker to play and a far better gaming experience. I think FIFA caught up with 09 where as PES series hasnt really changed since the ps2.

Ive seen (but not played) the demos of both..PES seems to be the same as always no real changes..FIFA i would need to sit and play the demo...my main gripe about the two series is both games have the annoying habit of passing the ball to players you did not want it to (more so FIFA)and both have the really irrating trait that if you make a break from midfield your forwards seem to part like the red sea out to the wings instead of making cross runs in behind the defence.

i wont be buying either this year as there seems to be a lack of competition in the football gaming genre with just PES and FIFA to choose from.

I tend to agree more with Cheeky_Monkey concerning the comparison between the two games over the years.

I wrote about this in my blog also, I have to say that if I had a console I'd probably be getting FIFA, but since I'm a PC gamer, I will probably end up getting PES for the third time in succession (after previously purchasing PES3 and then PES6). Further tests of the demo and general research suggest that Konami have made the PC their primary platform for the game, while EA Sports have left the PC on the back burner with a shoddy port (my game pad doesn't work properly with it for example) and no next gen capabilities.

Whatever their excuses- "we want the game to run on a low-end PC", "PC games are more heavily pirated" etc- they are missing the chance to make FIFA greater than PES on all platforms including the PC.

Hehe I shall be getting Fifa 10 when it comes out in a few days!! I have an Xbox 360 at the moment but I may sell it next year to put some money towards buying a PS3. I REALLY badly want Gran Turismo 5 when it comes out. I am not getting Forza I don't think. I like Forza but it isn't a patch on Gran Turismo series. I love me racing games :whistling:

MW2, Forza 3 are the only games im planning on buying this year. Hopefully GT5 will be around April/May 2010.

Unchartered 2 is worth a look as the reviewers are going wild over this game.