Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cookie

Netweather's Lost And Found - Please Visit.

I have done this on another forum and it turned into one of the longest threads ever on the site.

so the idea of this thread is basically find out where any lost members are at and hopefully to encourage some people to come back and show that their being missed.

netweather is such a big forum and has been running for a number of years hopefully will give an members a chance to find out where old members are.

taken from another member

You took the words out of my mouth, there does seem to have been a number of different names who have disappeared over the past year

Well I'm still here! I lurk daily but rarely post these days. Practically never in this section. Only really on the weather boards when it's interesting enough.

Most members resurface in the winter months when the weather becomes interesting again!

there is a great deal of members with two login names. you can see this when looking at the birthday list with people having two similar names celebrating their birthday. there are also quite a few who have hardly ever posted, just made a login and never returned. so trying to track down the "lost and missing" may be quite a task :)

could be intresting task, but im meaning members who have properly stayed around not the ones that been here once or twice

yes like Nimbus,GMP, and Angel...where are these people now...

I was thinking maybe some people lost there passwords and now have different

emails hence the reason for Birthdays being the same..ect

Barbienightmare wub.gif - where she go?

you forgot Bronzed Goddess Col :)

Well I know a few people have had their accounts deleted for whatever reason, but I'm sure some will reappear come the winter months.

I thought she took out a restraining order on you?

:)

or are you mistaking that for the restraining order from OON :)

I thought she took out a restraining order on you?

You thought wrong because she's sat here next to me, laughing at your outrageous reply.....

.....this is a lie : - (

:)

or are you mistaking that for the restraining order from OON :)

Certain peeps come and go. I think the colder weather will bring some of the usual mob back :)

Out of the thousands of members here on NW, I bet less than 20% or so make regular appearances. A lot of people just join up in the winter when there is a cold spell, and then disappear never to be seen again - hence the huge surge in numbers during the Feb cold spell.

Out of the thousands of members here on NW, I bet less than 20% or so make regular appearances. A lot of people just join up in the winter when there is a cold spell, and then disappear never to be seen again - hence the huge surge in numbers during the Feb cold spell.

Yes you're right unfortunately that's what always happens, I wonder is there some sort of cleanout at some point deleting accounts that haven't been used for over a year or something?

There's 219 pages of people who have joined up but have never posted probably just to view a few topics at the time.

Some members when I joined up that used to be online a lot are still active but just not as much probably because they don't have the time like before to come on.

Yes you're right unfortunately that's what always happens, I wonder is there some sort of cleanout at some point deleting accounts that haven't been used for over a year or something?

doubt it. the more member numbers the better it is for the site :)

I think there needs to be one, if you look at the member list you will see at least 4 out of every 5 members who have been offline for a very long time, in some cases several years - ie. probably won't be coming back. Just clogs up the member list really.

I think there needs to be one, if you look at the member list you will see at least 4 out of every 5 members who have been offline for a very long time, in some cases several years - ie. probably won't be coming back. Just clogs up the member list really.

but they are still members and the more members for the site the better :) (you have to remember that the site is actually a business and i assume the business is only as good as the popularity of it, thus the big members list must have a good standing for the site)

but they are still members and the more members for the site the better smile.gif (you have to remember that the site is actually a business and i assume the business is only as good as the popularity of it, thus the big members list must have a good standing for the site)

I suppose looking at it from that point of view then it is a good thing. Because if Netweather is doing well business wise then we all benefit!

I want to see Crazy Snow Fan come on here more often, the git only comes on when it snows in Luton and I wish he came here every week because he livens the place up! Plus I start copying him and going into the ones crazy snow fans moods.

Well andy_leic had got me looking at the site for the first time since last winter! I do have the odd peep but its winter that interests me most (hence the name!lol) plus I have had a CRAZY year and have been sucked up in all sorts of things. I think this is the same for quite a few members? But should it interest anyone, Im alive and well ! ;) ha ha ha

That's another reason why I love winter, the NW forum comes to life as most members come out of summer hibernation. Hopefully you won't be disappointed this winter i luv snow!

Well andy_leic had got me looking at the site for the first time since last winter! I do have the odd peep but its winter that interests me most (hence the name!lol) plus I have had a CRAZY year and have been sucked up in all sorts of things. I think this is the same for quite a few members? But should it interest anyone, Im alive and well ! ;) ha ha ha

*turns the hoover off*

Sorry, terrible joke ;) Great to see you back!