Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

londonsnow

Tv Scheduling

I'm loathe to even be bothering to start this topic, but is anyone else totally disinterested in the media frenzy surrounding the fact that the bbc have positioned themselves againt itv with the come dancing show and x factor. this "big" debate has commanded far too many column inches in recent print and broadcast output. i've endured both shows once or twice , and don't see what the fuss is about. on another note channel 4 have the heinous show that is come dine with me (how annoying is the voice over) on 5 times today in succession, all repeats. 2 and a half hours in total. how lazy is that? just put on a film instead. having said that itv's big afternoon film today is the little known chitty chitty bang bang! rant over

I'm loathe to even be bothering to start this topic, but is anyone else totally disinterested in the media frenzy surrounding the fact that the bbc have positioned themselves againt itv with the come dancing show and x factor. this "big" debate has commanded far too many column inches in recent print and broadcast output. i've endured both shows once or twice , and don't see what the fuss is about. on another note channel 4 have the heinous show that is come dine with me (how annoying is the voice over) on 5 times today in succession, all repeats. 2 and a half hours in total. how lazy is that? just put on a film instead. having said that itv's big afternoon film today is the little known chitty chitty bang bang! rant over

i am pleased to say that i have never watched an episode of either XF or SCD. each to their own i suppose. but i agree about the TV Scheduling just lately. i am pretty sure the reason is that we are between seasons though. the Autumn TV is not full in swing yet and the Summer programmes are now dying a death. probably its why the newspapers call this the silly season. :good:

at least its column inches that isn't on Jorden

Don't get me started on that attention seeking trollop!

I think it's a brilliant piece of scheduling. I can now miss them both, and at same time... :good:

I think it's a brilliant piece of scheduling. I can now miss them both, and at same time... :yahoo:

What he said :yahoo:

Does it even matter in this day and age? You can pretty much watch what you want, when you want to. I seriously doubt hard core fans of both actually have to choose which one to miss.

Just a bit of quick and dirty free advertising for both programs.

Perhaps not to the viewer, but to the broadcasters it does. A cash-strapped ITV could really do without viewers recording one of their most popular programmes and fast-forwarding through the ads, purely because the BBC decided to schedule a similar show directly against it.

well i missed both progs, as i was having a life. sadly my housemate has recorded one of them, so i may yet not escape