Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heating On Yet?

Bottesford

Posted

We put ours on (well the girlfriend wanted it on, I chose a jumper!) for one day on Sunday 30 August which was a very dull, damp, cool day following a coolish Saturday and chilly Saturday night. It soon went off for the Bank Holiday Monday which turned out very warm/sunny

Posted

Oh yes I gave in for 2 days last week! I was freezin'. Good job we did too as it wasn't working so had to do lots of fiddling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

We have has the heating on since august here. not set all the time but often on in the evenings especially last couple of weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

once it gets done you will notice a massive difference to the temperature indoors Steve. my heating bill was reduced quite a bit when it was done, and a bit more when the loft was reinsulated. its usually mid october when the wife has complained/nagged enough for the heating to go on in my house rolleyes.gif

Yes I am hoping to see a difference, if it gets done. Little worried by the fact they couldn't fill the cavity first time around.

Shall have to wait and see what they say.

Posted

Still have windows open during the day even on a day like today when it has rained most of the day. Had cavity wall insulation done last year and it made a big difference to our bills too. Also this year when i close the doors and windows of a night it seems to keep warm in my living room since i had the cavity walls done.

I have however had the wood burner on to dry some clothes when i have not been able to dry them on the line because of rain like today. Free heat for me. I don't have to pay for the wood.

Edited by Snow Queen one

Posted

Last time was the few days in February when it was -5c outside. And early January when it was -8c. Managed to not use it even in December but it was really starting to get raw inside.

Blimey that isnt much!

We have to put heating on otherwise it would get damp as well as cold! The toilet in our outhouse which is on side of the kitchen froze solid several times last winter which was interesting to say the least! We also have no double glazing downstairs and get ice on inside of windows below about -6 which looks strange.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Can't believe some are even considering putting the heating on! Put a jumper on and save your heating bills! Having said that, haven't felt remotely cold yet.

Posted

Absolutely Not!!!!!!...and certainly won't be until temps have been in single figures for several days at least. Windows are open in the Bedroom throughout the night, no duvet cover, and for certainly much of the past 4 months no cover (no PJ's either!!!). Upon getting up, the first thing I do once in the in the sitting room is open the window, and it stays open through the rest of the day until I go up to bed.

Having heating on has been a big big headache with me over the past couple of years here in Peterborough...not in the house, but on our Buses here in Peterborough!!!!....which are run by Stagecoach.

Incredulously, throughout the past 4 months or so, even when temps have been 18°C+, most of the time the buses I use (4 a day), generally had heating blasting throughout the bus. Any remonstrations with the Drivers as to why the heating was on, were, and are always met with 'it's not on !!!!'.....and if there is no sign of the sun, at anytime of the year, no matter what the temp, the bus driver psychi is obviously 'no sun , it must be cold' and the heating is 'guaranteed' to be on.

Sorry, I will get off my soap box!!!

Posted

Only had central heating fitted in February 2005 so I've got used to the cold, hadn't been working since the late 80's. Frost on the inside of the window January and a few times in December last year also see your own breath.

The worse recently was November 2005. Nothing worse then getting out of a warm bed into a bloody freezing room.

I don't use buses anymore but I agree re heating. It's that sort of hairdrier heat. Horrible.

Edited by Optimus Prime

Posted

Can't believe some are even considering putting the heating on! Put a jumper on and save your heating bills! Having said that, haven't felt remotely cold yet.

Yes but to be fair you do live in south east which until today has had a splendid summer all round and much higher temperatures than us in west.

It has been cold at night with 5/6/7c quite common over last week or so and i don't have double glazing ect. cold.gif

So heating has been on sometimes mainly late evening and first thing in morning.

Posted

M'Lord has put the heating on a couple of times already and he's put the fire on tonight. Personally, although I have poor circulation (and turn blue when the temperature drops below 20ºc) I'd just put on a jumper. :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Had it on for a few days at the end of July and since we got back from Spain at the end of August...

Posted

Not had the heating on since April. I still have the bedroom window open at night and even though it gets

quite cool at times, it's refreshing! I doubt I will use the heating before October.

Posted

Our heating usually goes on in mid november. the house is fine to sit in a t shirt in all day / night at the moment & its maintaining 22-23 at the moment. it wont go on until we get below 19 degrees in side. which is usually in early- mid november. the joys of being in the south east!

Posted

Our heating usually goes on in mid november. the house is fine to sit in a t shirt in all day / night at the moment & its maintaining 22-23 at the moment. it wont go on until we get below 19 degrees in side. which is usually in early- mid november. the joys of being in the south east!

Same here, it's currently 23c indoors and 14c outdoors. We won't put the heating on until temp drops below 7c outside. Usually sometime in October.

Posted

Same here, it's currently 23c indoors and 14c outdoors. We won't put the heating on until temp drops below 7c outside. Usually sometime in October.

Since investing in a wireless weather station, I've been surprised how constatnt my indoor temperat5ure is, rarely deviating by more than 2C either side of 19C. But 17C at 06:00 feels cold after getting out of the bath!!

Posted

Can't believe some are even considering putting the heating on!

I agree. It's not cold at all, and it will be a good while yet until i put the heating on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Heating is not on here either. Though it's not up to me when it goes on. If it was, i'd just put more clothes on if i'm cold, use the extra duvet and turn the heating on in December or January if it was cold enough.

However, in the van that's a different matter. I usually just wear a t-shirt and keep things at a comfortable temperature. Though most times that never lasts as allot of pubs really blast the heat out up to Spring.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

May need the halogen heater on in the lounge during chillier October evenings, the central heating will have to come on when my elderly relatives come to stay in early November.