Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J10

Derren Brown

I thought the show on Friday was very poor.

The 24 people guessing the numbers were duped, and probably actually thought that they did guess the numbers, but they were never shown them.

The trick on Wednesday was almost certainly an illusion using freeze frames for a time, and the numbers were slotted in place by an assistant, while were given a still image.

The 24 people guessing the numbers were duped, and probably actually thought that they did guess the numbers, but they were never shown them.

The trick on Wednesday was almost certainly an illusion using freeze frames for a time, and the numbers were slotted in place by an assistant, while were given a still image.

I thought it was a waste of 45 mins of my life (I gave up after that). I find it insulting that he actually expects us to believe it, anybody with half a braincell between their ears would immediately discredit his "explanation".

He is an illusionist - that answers it!

Let's see if Derren Brown can predict me crapping on his windscreen next week..

Let's see if Derren Brown can predict me crapping on his windscreen next week..

:D He's got his group of 24 people spewing out random numbers in an attempt to do so, don't you worry!

Agreed. Defanitly was as you say.. Theres a video on Youtube where you see the first ball gets incorrectly placed on the rack and is in a different position to the balls originally lined up just before the lottery draw came out. I wasn't fooled, a lot of people still insist he is some kind of genius though who actually did get the lottery numbers right, well Derren certainly did his job right because his goal was to make people confused and actually trick them into believing he did it mathmatically so he met his goal in that respect.

Agreed. Defanitly was as you say.. Theres a video on Youtube where you see the first ball gets incorrectly placed on the rack and is in a different position to the balls originally lined up just before the lottery draw came out. I wasn't fooled, a lot of people still insist he is some kind of genius though who actually did get the lottery numbers right, well Derren certainly did his job right because his goal was to make people confused and actually trick them into believing he did it mathmatically so he met his goal in that respect.

Youtube seems to have come up trumps. It was a split screen trick, very clever.

Watch this:

Followed by this:

Not convinced? There are dozens of other, similar videos to try and convince you.

Surely the fact that he's an illusionist gives away the trick?

Yep! See the last line in post #2!

If he had the numbers lined up then why did he not show them before the lottery happend? That would have been better. I think to it was a split screen someone just arranged the numbers then at the end he says here's what I predicted.

The bloke is basically like David Blaine, when David Blaine appeared to levitate some people were in awe and thought he had some kind of special powers. In reality it was a well known levitation trick that makes you look like you are hovering off the ground.

I agree. I even came back to the caravan at the time to see what all the fuss was about. Watched Channel 4 live, but I knew even then that something wasn't right with the set up. Why not the prediction revealed BEFORE the main numbers were drawn?

But I'll admit, he's a clever git. (I still can't get over the Russian Roulette show he did a year or so ago).

(I didn't mean for the poetry there in that last sentence. Who could have possibly predicted it? :lol:)

Phil.

Watched 20 mins of this crap and switched back over to the football. Now that definitely sticks me to my chair.

Anybody else just watch this? What a load of crap.

Anybody else just watch this? What a load of crap.

Not a fan then I take it, Nick? :lol:

I must confess, I didn't know about it. Still wouldn't have bothered, mind...

I assume all the callers who got 'stuck' could manage to move there arms then to ring in saying that they are 'stuck'?

I might watch it again on C4+1 and see if i get stuck, who knows, might work the 2nd time? :lol:

Dear Derren

shipment-of-fail.jpg

No Love.

Sammie.

Lmfao! Love it :lol:

Lmfao! Love it :lol:

I'm sorry I couldn't pass up the chance to use a macro.

Anyone think Darren (sorry, Derren) has got a bit too big for his boots? A couple of years ago I watched the roulette gun thingy, and a few other snip bits of mind reading where he really impressed me.

After watching last weeks Lottery explanation, my respect for him vanished and I didnt bother to watch this weeks programme. He must think the British public are plebs to believe how his achieved the lottery prediction, and I think it would have been better not to attempt to explain it like he did, but just leave it an unexplained. By attempting to explain it, its made it more obvious what a fraud he really is

Anyone think Darren (sorry, Derren) has got a bit too big for his boots? A couple of years ago I watched the roulette gun thingy, and a few other snip bits of mind reading where he really impressed me.

After watching last weeks Lottery explanation, my respect for him vanished and I didnt bother to watch this weeks programme. He must think the British public are plebs to believe how his achieved the lottery prediction, and I think it would have been better not to attempt to explain it like he did, but just leave it an unexplained. By attempting to explain it, its made it more obvious what a fraud he really is

I would have more respect for him if he told us the real method of how he "predicted" the lottery (ie. the split screen). Then people would say "ah that was clever" instead of "what a load of rubbish".

The giraffe 'trick' comes to mind, when he supposly predicted the name of what the lady would of named the giraffe, its kind of gives away that its probably fake.

I watched the getting stuck in the chair thing again and i had me bedroom light off and although i did felt slight pressure on my legs, but when i tried to move, i did with ease unlike those on the TV. I think they deliberately did about 50% getting stuck so it makes it look impressive and look good TV and the pressure on my legs probably have a psychology explanation behind it.

Did anyone watch last Friday's show... "Psychic Spy"?

I missed the previous weeks one where the home participating audience were supposed to get stuck in a chair. I don't need to watch him to do that, I'm stuck in my swivel chair now replying to this. :whistling: (Plus x amount of E-mails!)

Anyway, last Friday's show was all about a woman who drew an image and is a curator of some science museum in London. She drew an image of something that only she knew. Derren Brown then said that she was locked in an isolating unit and then was shown on screen. Later, and before the first break, he asked the audience and the participating home audience to look into her eyes and send her image vision around the country.

(Look into my eyes, what do you see? Eyeballs!) Sorry!

Anyway, turns out that the image she drew was of three concentric circles. I myself predicted an eye so I was part right.

Two circles, one being the pupil, the other being the iris. But that said, I still have reservations. I'm not psychic myself as a whole so I'm remaining sceptical.

Phil. (I predict I'll post this thread).