Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

craig1uk

Nfl Lovers

I'm an optomistic 49ers fan and have to think that we can make it this year, any others out there in netweather world?

I'm an optomistic 49ers fan and have to think that we can make it this year, any others out there in netweather world?

Bit late this year Craig as we usually pop a thread on?

Singletary has the motivation tags with the 49ers but has he the coaching tact? Its one of the weaker divisions so you have a chance competing with the Seahawks, Rams & Cards?

I`m just buzzing over Rex Ryan with the Jets who restricted the Texans to 38 rushing yds in week 1 even without regulars Ellis & Pace so Bellichicks "Hollywood Pats" may well be quaking in their boots for the visit to meadowlands in week 2 :good:

All everyone needs here NFL

Super Broncos get revenge for last year with a 23-3 win over arch rivals Raiders. With the introduction of Josh McDaniels last years offensice co-ordinator of the Patriots as our new head coach has got off to a flyer! The biggest eye opener is our defence which is rated No1 at the moment a complete turn around from last year with DE Elvis Dumervil with 5 sacks already, also new QB Kyle Norton which we traded with Chicago for Jay Cutler is having a quiet but efficient start without throwing an interception and with a better running game from Moreno and Buckhalter the Broncos do look better all round than last year.

Bookies had us well down the field at 80-1 before the start of the season and now I believe at 35-1, but the big test is really over the next 4/5 weeks when we play Cowboys, Patriots and Steelers with Chargers thrown in and then we can judge just how well McDaniels has done with this team.

Well the season started pretty well, 2-1, would have been 3-0 if it wasnt for farve's miracle throw on sun night, denver doing ok, anyone beating the raiders is fine by me!! You do have to deal with having Nolan in charge of your d-line however, hope he does better for you than he did for us!!! GO 9ERS!

Awesome win by the Broncos over Dallas by 17-10 especially as we were 10 down by the first quarter. Broncos has the number1 defence in the NFL currently a complete turn around from last season. Dumervil has now 7 sacks and Champ Bailey had a great game palming away a last play touchdown attempt for Dallas.

If you had a bet at the start of the season on Denver then you gotta be happy because on this performance I'd say they will make it to the play offs. QB Orton is yet to throw an interception whilst the offence hasn't really got into full stride - happy days!

Elsewhere New Orleans, San Francisco, New England, Chicago, Indianapolis and expectedly Chargers are doing their stuff.

Next up for Denver another toughy against Patriots - but with our defence who knows. :unsure:

Congrats over licking the "hollywood" pats Timmy :wallbash:

Can see Bellichick & Brady crying their eyes out all week!

Congrats over licking the "hollywood" pats Timmy :)

Can see Bellichick & Brady crying their eyes out all week!

Cheers Mezza! great come from behind win again! - big game this weekend between two of the heavyweights this season - Giants v Saints, the winner of this could be a firm favourite to get to the bowl. 49ers crumbled at home against the Falcons and looked really second rate defensively. Interesting times to come - Broncos still to play the Chargers. :rofl:

Mighty Broncos win again at Divisional rivals San Diego making us 6-0 :whistling: - incredible special team display by Eddie Royal and again great defense from the Broncos swarming all over Phil Rivers and Elvis Dumervil with another 2 sacks!

So that makes just Vikings, Saints, Colts and us unbeaten, but the Saints look like they are probably the best all round team.

Saying that though Denvers odds have probably plummeted again after this win after stating the season at 80-1!!!!!!!!!

Broncs for the bowl!

A week of + and - for the NY Jets, a 38-0 rout of Oakland is good but to lose our big star Leon Washington for the season is baaaad.

Down to 3 undefeated teams now, AFC duo of Colts & Broncos and the sole NFC Saints thanks to another special Brees comeback against Miami.

Most impressed with the Colts and expect them to march on against the 49ers at Lucas oil stadium next week but the Broncos have a tougher test with a power defense battle @ the Ravens, Saints hosting the Falcons (MNF) looks a "breeze" (lol) as they (Falcons) looked inadequate at the 4-2 Cowboys yesterday.

2 big divisional matchups also next week with the Dolphins travelling to Meadowlands & the Jets and Favre v Green bay part deux with the home side cheeseheads looking to avenge the week 4 defeat. Just thinkin that the Vikings have a favorable fixture programme with playing at Green bay in much more hospitable weather in early November as opposed to December and sub zero conditions?

Well since the bye week things have really gone pear shaped for the Broncos with 3 straight loses the worst being a 27-17 loss to the Redskins who by and large are having a poor season. Also QB Orton is injured along with others particularly from our defence. It all seems a bit Deja Vu to me as other seasons Denver have collapsed in the second half of the season to miss the play-offs altogether, there's still time to turn things around at as we play divisional contenders San Diego Chargers at Invesco this Sunday but if Orton doesn't play (which I think he won't as he has a sprained ankle) Then Chris Simms will deputize and he looked very rusty against the Skins in the second half completing only 3 of 13 passes and then can only see one result. Confidence and keeping injury free is a must if Denver is going to make the play-offs either as AFC west champs or as a wild card.

Elsewhere New Orleans Saints still look the best shot for the Superbowl and remain undefeated alongside the Colts who seem to be a bit fortunate also to remain undefeated, other teams still playing well are Vikings, Patriots, Cardinals, Chargers and after a slow start the Cincinatti Bengals who surprisingly beat the Steelers are almost unstoppable.

Still along way to go.

WILD CARDS first then and the early AFC game saturday (eta 9:30pm GMT) sees the number 1 defence of rex ryans NY J>E>T>S visit the Cincinnati Bengals in what will probably be a much closer encounter than sundays late 37 zip routing by the Jets at the last ever fixture in the meadowlands.

Late NFC one sees a great encounter in Dallas who take on Philadelphia (2am? uk GMT), Dallas form is cookin and the eagles have gone off the boil a degree or two?

Sundays early one at gillette stadium (6pm GMT) is another epic battle as the Patriots, lacking wesley welker, take on Ray lewis and the baltimore Raven big hitters, a not so dominant bill bellichick outfit this year who never relish taking on the ravens?

Late NFC wild card is Green Bay @ Arizona cardinals (11:40pm GMT) and it wont be the same outfit and gameplan for Whisenhunt that got licked 33-7 by the packers in the final week 17 repeat fixture.

Winners progress to divisonal playoffs the following weekend,

Jets (:drinks:), Cowboys, Ravens & Cardinals to go through if I had a flutter.

MTF,,,,

(your broncos did me for an 8 match accumulator sunday timmyh! never could trust those pesky broncs but i though they`d walk it at home against the chiefs?)

WTF? Jets in the AFC championship?

I`ll return after this dream :D

Colts, Jets, Saints & Vikings left for Superbowl 44

WILD CARDS first then and the early AFC game saturday (eta 9:30pm GMT) sees the number 1 defence of rex ryans NY J>E>T>S visit the Cincinnati Bengals in what will probably be a much closer encounter than sundays late 37 zip routing by the Jets at the last ever fixture in the meadowlands.

Late NFC one sees a great encounter in Dallas who take on Philadelphia (2am? uk GMT), Dallas form is cookin and the eagles have gone off the boil a degree or two?

Sundays early one at gillette stadium (6pm GMT) is another epic battle as the Patriots, lacking wesley welker, take on Ray lewis and the baltimore Raven big hitters, a not so dominant bill bellichick outfit this year who never relish taking on the ravens?

Late NFC wild card is Green Bay @ Arizona cardinals (11:40pm GMT) and it wont be the same outfit and gameplan for Whisenhunt that got licked 33-7 by the packers in the final week 17 repeat fixture.

Winners progress to divisonal playoffs the following weekend,

Jets (;)), Cowboys, Ravens & Cardinals to go through if I had a flutter.

MTF,,,,

(your broncos did me for an 8 match accumulator sunday timmyh! never could trust those pesky broncs but i though they`d walk it at home against the chiefs?)

Sorry about that! 8) its typical of Denver to blow up towards the end of the season (the 3rd time in 4 seasons)- not sure what's going on there right now, McD had a relatively good first year as a head coach but to miss the play-offs altogether is inexcusable after a 6-0 start!

Glad to see the Jets down the Bolts (they were really mouthing it off after they beat us at our place). I can now see a Colts v Saints superbowl.

No superbowl post?

It was asking a bit much for the game to have the drama of the previous two Superbowls (Easily the best two Superbowls in recent years) but it was still a game in balance until the last 5 minutes. Terrific effort from New Orleans - if ever a City deserved their moment in the Sun it was them. They also had a lousy first quarter but then looked the best side for the rest of the game. Drew Brees had a close-to-perfect game and looked every inch the same standard as Manning. It's astonishing given how serious his shoulder injury in 2005 was. It was also nice to see a head coach take genuine chances and trust his team to do it right - the on-side kick call to start the second half was a stroke of genius, perfectly executed. Sean Payton constantly coached a very aggressive game and it worked really well.

A bit of a choker for The Colts, being 6 point favourites, and Manning will again have to listen to accusations of failing to deliver in big games when the Colts are behind, but in all honesty he didn't do much wrong, he just didn't have the stellar game most seemed to think he would.

Still, well done the New Orleans Saints. Richly deserved.

Now we go into a free agency period without a salary cap. It'll be carnage.

Key point of the game was Manning chosing to go to Wayne on a hook whereas motion slant by Collie was an easier 1st down option, Obvious bad choice intended for Wayne saw Saints CB Porter intercept and duelly return a 74yarder for TD which effectively ended the Colts with only 3:12 left in the 4th.

In all things NFL just wanna state that its 10 years to the day since Derrick Thomas died in a car crash, Thomas was a hall of famer & premier pass rushing OLB (58), I was talking to a chap who was a chiefs fan about DT last september in bar in Manhattan, funny `ol world :D