Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Forum Update Complete

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm viewing the forum via my Sinclair Cambridge pocket calculator I bought in 1973. I just don't like it it's all running slow and sticky. It's not fair...

Nice job, guys... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I'm viewing the forum via my Sinclair Cambridge pocket calculator I bought in 1973. I just don't like it it's all running slow and sticky. It's not fair...

Lmao! That's not a pop at other member(s) surely is it Pete? whistling.gif :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Lmao! That's not a pop at other member(s) surely is it Pete? whistling.gif :lol:

Of course not! Merely an attempt at humour... :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Quite often this evening when I try and make a reply the botton half of the box is missing eg. the attachment section and the actual "add reply" and "preview post" buttons. Typed out a long post to find I couldn't post it laugh.gif

Also, a problem I have been having for a while is sometimes the "click to configure post options" is half missing (only the top half of the cross and text is visible) and this seems to coincide with the attachment fuinction failing to work. Usually resolved by clicking "preview post" which will make it appear again and the attachments to work again.

The second thing had been happening a while so may now be resolved by the update. Thanks for the hard work guys.

Posted

it would appear there is a problem with my IE i keep getting kicked out of NW whenever i try to login. the error code i get is 0cx0000005 and i am on a stupid IE Version 5.5 coincidence with the upgrade??? :(

Posted

Can't see the upgrade would have anything to do with it - but IE 5.5 is insanely old and totally unsupported these days!

That error is a memory error I think, so worth clearing caches etc.

Posted

Can't see the upgrade would have anything to do with it - but IE 5.5 is insanely old and totally unsupported these days!

tell my employer that!!!!

must be something different since upgrade as i can access anything else that i could last night on IE. just the NW site that crashes me out :( still i have no control over the PC and cant change or upgrade the IE so looks like i will have to be NWless for a while :(

i think its an issue with the activex and plug-ins as its not constant as to when it kicks me out

Posted

There's no active-x or anything like that on here. I'm pretty sure it's memory related so it could possibly be an ad which is a bit memory hungry - so worth losing cookies and cache to reset those and see what happens.

It's amazing that some companies and govt depts are still using such old and probably insecure software :(

Edit - You could also try using the lo-fi skin (drop down menu bottom left) as a temp fix as that's a lot lighter and has no ads.

Posted

Paul, I frequently get warnings about active x content on certain threads but thankfully I can just click ok and it lets me carry on. Maybe MAF's work situation is a bit more tight on their security settings ?

Posted

There's no active-x or anything like that on here. I'm pretty sure it's memory related so it could possibly be an ad which is a bit memory hungry - so worth losing cookies and cache to reset those and see what happens.

It's amazing that some companies and govt depts are still using such old and probably insecure software :(

Edit - You could also try using the lo-fi skin (drop down menu bottom left) as a temp fix as that's a lot lighter and has no ads.

mate you would not believe the rubbish we have to use here, and unfortunatley my employer contracted the IT out to Fujitsu-Siemens who are perhaps the worst IT company in the world (imo)

as Katie says, the internet gateway is probably tighter then a gnats bum :( from my work PC i cannot use 50% of the forum buttons. i.e i cannot multiquote, or change my profile status and stuff that needs a drop down to use doesn't work on the PC either.

Posted

There's a lot of javascript on the forum and that's what stops ie6 (or earlier) from being 100% compatible because it's just not got the ability to deal with the newer javascript, which in turn may be causing it to think there's active x stuff going on when there isn't.

Have you tried the lo-fi version - although it's not exactly hi-tech it should do the job in terms of the basics of posting etc

Posted

There's a lot of javascript on the forum and that's what stops ie6 (or earlier) from being 100% compatible because it's just not got the ability to deal with the newer javascript, which in turn may be causing it to think there's active x stuff going on when there isn't.

Have you tried the lo-fi version - although it's not exactly hi-tech it should do the job in terms of the basics of posting etc

yep am on lo-fi now and not been kicked out (yet) :(

and yes you are right, its the javascript that causes the problems. still, hopefully my new employer (BT) will have IT in the 21st century :(

cheers and beers Paul