Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Do We Need The Met Office?

Mondy

Posted

You see SC this is statement emphasises what's wrong with your posts.

1. Can you back up your first statement, who touted exactly, how many climate scientists said solar effects are negligible.

2. As yet we have seen no discernable cooling from the solar minima, that's not to say we wont, I hope we do, but as of this time we haven't. As I pointed out the other day static temperatures mean just that, static does not mean cooling any more than it means warming.

3. Yet again you are implying that those who don't think like you are being lead around by the nose, in other words if you don't think like me, you're stupid. It seems to me that your method of putting your case is to shout louder and more often than anybody else without backing up your case with any evidence.

All you are doing is stating your opinion, that's fine, I do that a fair amount as well, I have a different opinion about last winter than some on the forum and I'm pretty bullish about it but I don't think those who disagree with me are stupid, they are just stating it as they see it. Maybe your opinion will turn out to be right but given the evidence available its not being close minded to think other than you, or that those that do are letting others do the thinking for them.

Just go through the IPCC's previous data, you will stumble upon it! I've never stated that we have cooled either by the way!!

And yes I am implying people are being led by their nose, how many just go along with something, because a scientist say's so?

Climate science is barely over 30 years old, so mistakes are inevitable. Yet many climate scientist seem to adopt a we know best attitude, pride comes before a fall eh!!

Posted

Just go through the IPCC's previous data, you will stumble upon it! I've never stated that we have cooled either by the way!!

And yes I am implying people are being led by their nose, how many just go along with something, because a scientist say's so?

Climate science is barely over 30 years old, so mistakes are inevitable. Yet many climate scientist seem to adopt a we know best attitude, pride comes before a fall eh!!

If you dont trust what Scientists say, how come you're so keen to believe what they say about natural forcings. Is that selective thinking or are you too being lead around by the nose.

Edited by weather eater

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aren't we all 'led by the nose' to some extent? Maybe it has more to do with who we each allow to do the pulling?

Indeed, how did we ever learn what we've learned? You can lead a horse to water... :blink:

Posted

If you don’t trust what Scientists say, how come you're so keen to believe what they say about natural forcings. Is that selective thinking or are you too being lead around by the nose.

Trust no one as the saying goes! On a serious note, it's all about gathering as much information as possible, and making a judgement call!! unsure.gifunsure.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry and cold...

"I'm a health professional, so I probably know more than most GP's"

Ahem, somehow I think I'm starting to understand your position. What is your profession, your description is pretty nebulous. I guess it must be something a bit higher up the ladder than, say, nurse because it is highly unlikely you would know more than most GPs if it was the case (as any nurse would readily accept unless some heavy duty chipontheshoulderishness is involved)?