Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms And Convective Discussion

Coast

Posted

I cant see why it would be al over for the Midlands. Unfortunately it looks like we wont get much rain but any storm risk comes later and the risk id for the Midlands, Wales and the rest of the south. :)

well for the weather front anyway, what happens after the band clears through is still open to debate, heavy thunderstorms :) naaaaah.the life is getting sucked out of the rainband at the moment, as it is turning more showery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Small cells with sferics now in SW Wales. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

Small cells with sferics now in SW Wales. :)

What lightning detection are you looking at? I cant see anything on NW, Strikestar or Meteoex although Someones posted the same on UKWW.

Posted

What a start to September, yesterday thunderstorms, today extremely heavy rain and tornados. Could it get any better?

lol..hope so..

we have had quite a bit of rain here so far..still raining

look's rather heavy down IOW

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

No sferics in the last few hours that I can see, last one was around 2pm-3pm out at the Irish Sea near Wales.

There seems to have been a very sudden shift to the movement of those heavier showers embedded in the rain. I can see a good line of Cb's on the vis sat, out to the West of SW Wales and SW England.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What lightning detection are you looking at? I cant see anything on NW, Strikestar or Meteoex although Someones posted the same on UKWW.

http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/

Posted

lol..hope so..

we have had quite a bit of rain here so far..still raining

Same here, has been raining pretty much all day as far as im aware (been in work all day) and is still raining.

12.6mm so far, max rain rate of 34.2mm/hr and some heavy rain on the radar coming my way

Posted

Would expect 30-50 mms rain across parts of east Hampshire, Sussex, Surrey, Kent and greater London now to midnight, complex may become more severe with respect to wind gusts and lightning also ... severe local flooding appears possible with this. Watch for local wind gusts to 65 mph developing with this feature and also in its wake as gradient is quite strong over the Channel (west half) at present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

showers look to be intensifying over wales

Yeah and have all but died out over Cornwall and Devon where they were heading for us ><

Posted

Evening all, not been on here for a while busy moving house, well its very wet and windy here surprised we havent got a warning for this area?

Posted

Evening all, not been on here for a while busy moving house, well its very wet and windy here surprised we havent got a warning for this area?

certainly had a fair abit of rain in the last few hrs...

Hopfully the shower's will get going soon for some action..

Does look nasty towards West London

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Local weather said along the Bristol Channel we could get upto 60mph gusts between now and early hours of tomorrow morning.

Posted

No recent sferics. Will be interesting to see if its a none event or one that comes off for a change.

Posted

So far i cant see much going to happen now. Im not fussed anyway after yesterday. :shok:

Posted

Watching and waiting..........

Posted

Just been out for a quick drive to see whats occuring and the skies look menacing. The clouds were thick black and I have to say the rain was immense, could just about the see the road at one point.

Its all moved North now and seems to intensifying over the rest of Wales.

Posted

OMG!! The worst rain I've seen for a while!! Torrential Rain and I mean torrential rain, looked like Mosoon Rainfall, adding large amount to the 60mm of rain that have fallen since Monday, otherwise till now 18mm of rain has fallen since midnight last night - The only odd thing is that there is no wind, I could also see some Anvils towards the Irish Sea an hour ago - also report of flooding in local area. Nasty.......

Edited by liamcymro