Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Smoke From Forest Fires

Posted

I don't know if this question has been asked but does anybody think the recent spate of wild fires that have been happening in Calafornia and other places like Greece will effect our world weather by causing cooling down due to the smoke given off by these fires.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I don't know if this question has been asked but does anybody think the recent spate of wild fires that have been happening in Calafornia and other places like Greece will effect our world weather by causing cooling down due to the smoke given off by these fires.

Good question, SQ1...See my thread on 'deforestation'? There's quite a lot of info contained in its associated paper... :lol:

Posted

Good question, SQ1...See my thread on 'deforestation'? There's quite a lot of info contained in its associated paper... :)

Thanks Pete i searched for your topic but could not find it could you post a link please.

I know that in Greece they are worried about the fact that they need more trees planted otherwise the temp will continue to rise and the place will turn into a dessert which is quite scary to think of. I also know that the practise of burning stubble was stopped because of the adverse effects it had on our climate/atmospher and our health so has there been enough smoke emmitted into our bubble of atmospher to do the same.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Thanks Pete i searched for your topic but could not find it could you post a link please.

I know that in Greece they are worried about the fact that they need more trees planted otherwise the temp will continue to rise and the place will turn into a dessert which is quite scary to think of. I also know that the practise of burning stubble was stopped because of the adverse effects it had on our climate/atmospher and our health so has there been enough smoke emmitted into our bubble of atmospher to do the same.

Here you go...I hope? :)

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/56591-deforestation-and-climate-change/page__pid__1585107__st__0entry1585107

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

i thought burning stuff like that would warm things up if ANYTHING :)

suppose it adds to global dimming tho?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Don't know if anybody has experienced thick smoke from a forest fire but it is a truly surreal experience. The sun turns orange/brown, even in the middle of the day. Definitely suppresses temperatures considerably.