Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Discovery Channel Storm Chasers

liambailey09

Posted

It will air in the US on Oct 11th. Full episodes are normally available via YouTube (in 10 min segments) within a few hours. Torrents are normally available pretty quickly too but I'm not suggesting for a second that anyone should do that. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

A great series which goes down well in the Dazza household (well I enjoy it), I have a lot of respect for Josh but love it when you see Sean's frustration when Josh sends him the wrong way, and that Reed, well he gets it spot on time and time again. Love it, roll on S3.

Posted

Just finished watching Episode 1 and it looks a good series, plenty of Action from what looks like the High Risk Arnett EF2 & EF3 Tornadoes of which the Netweather Team arrived 1 day later :wallbash: Reed and Tim Samaras got great footage of that chase but the less said about Sean Caseys team on that one the better! :whistling:

Cant wait for Episode 2 next week! :clap:

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

hi dont know if i am allowed to post this!! but i will, found this on a site i frequent.

http://www.fastpasstv.com/tv/storm-chasers/

Posted

Yes on 29th April my Target area was Plainview and we had lunch there at IHOP!

We jaunted east through Floydada and had a quick look at the Paducah Supercell with the plan to head back West and get the Dryline Storm that was now Right Moving off the Dryline, one major problem was a Supercell that formed between Plainview and Paducah that cut off the only road west up through the Caprock Escarpment. The only detour in this instance was a South Option that would have taken too long or a North then West then South option through Quinah which once again would have taken too long. One of the hazards of Storm Chasing in that area of few roads but my target was always the dryline setting up along I27 From AMA To LBB On that day. We did see funnel clouds and there are still reports of a rain wrapped Tornado that day hitting Paducah so not all was lost, sods law that on the next few chases in the very same area on the 1st & 5th May we sat under the rotating bases all day in the hook of both Storms and only got a brief Tornado for our efforts.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

For anyone looking to catch the episodes you can watch them on youtube...in the search button just type in Gadgetglanman and go to his profile, he always uploads the Episodes the day after they air in the US.

I've also started watching the other Tornado program he has aswell.

Would love to see the TIV upclose someday, passing on the road on way to a chase venue, would be awesome to meet the teams involved with the series.

Posted

Just watched Ep2 of Season 3, Sean happy at the end made me laugh. How long til he gets someone else to guide him rather than the doghouse, he does seem to be losing the plot lol.

Anyways, I'm so in the mood for chasing right now, I'd give anything to live my dream and spend my spring and summers chasing in the plains, then in winter do some research in Alaska/Arctic etc. That'd be awesome. But it is just a dream, I'd need someone to take me under their wings before anything like that could happen, can't afford 1000's pounds every Spring, but if I could get out there I'd certainly know how to make money from stormchasing, videos, pics, tours, news feeds, etc. Think I'm going to start looking for any odd jobs over in the states, see if I can get residence.

Posted

Interesting to see the 1st tetterings of the wedge that has been evident this year between Joel Taylor and Reed Timmer, I know for a fact that Joel hardly chased with Reed and the TVN Crew for the 2009 Season, parts of Episode 2 showed how this was unfolding and the look ahead to Episode 3 at the end of Episode 2 also showed an arguement in the Car from what looks like the 13th May Moderate Risk day in Missouri, I think that might have been the last chase together for Reed and Joel for the 2009 Season?

A look at the TVN Site does not list Joel Taylor in their members of Team anymore as well!

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Yeah definite wedge growing between Reed and Joel but maybe its just a 'show' for the cameras after all its about stormchasers with a bit of stormchasing thrown in...!!! Perhaps with 2009 not living up to expectations of the previous year (although 2008 was an exception rather than the rule) the Discovery Channel bosses have asked Reed and Joel to 'create' a rift just for entertainment purposes (reality tv and all that B*****ks)...Joel and Reed go back a long-time well before Discovery got on board and have probably argued many times... I hope it is just a 'stunt' i'd like to Joel back as i like his calmness and level-headedness when all around him is total chaos..!!

Its great to see veteran chasers on this series too loved it when Tim Samara started to rant off about all the waiting around in scrub- lands with snakes, racoons just to watch water vapour..!!:lol:..

Posted

I did wonder where Joel was as he was not a part of many chases with Reed this year (Noticed his absence on many of the TVN chase vids). It would be a shame if they didn't chase together again. Over the past few weeks Reed and TVN have been doing a tour to promote the latest Storm Chasers series, and one of their destinations was New York. On their site there are a few pictures of their trip, with Joel in one of the pics. So, maybe Joel will chase again with Reed....or maybe not.

Another chaser that I miss from the show and that's Josh Wurman. How is Sean ever going to get 'that' shot without Josh and the doppler radar to navigate him right into the path of a tornado?

Anyway, awesome show! :D

:lol: Want me to spoil the rest of the show for you :lol:

Lets just say Sean has the Material to finish his Imax Film now, and many over on the US Boards are now wondering if Sean needs to come out and Chase next year seeing as Josh will be into his 2nd year with Vortex 2 and CSWR!

But for SC Series 4 I bet he will be around again in the TIV2 & TIV1 For back-up. I am sure TIV2 Was ready by the 1st of May chase as we went past them a few times near a place called Rule on 1st May and again on 5th May near Breckenridge

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Got both episodes on the old PC now, good 'ol bittorrent. lol :whistling:

Seems to be more action so far than last season, can't wait till this season comes out onto DVD release.

Posted

I watched 2 parts of episode 3 series3 this morning then went to college and watched the remaining 4 parts when i returned as you say weather09 lots of focus on the chasers and their strained relationships in this particular episode, i genuinely think there is a love/hate between Dr Josh Wurman and Sean Casey( The scientist and the renegade) as this was clearly evident in series 2 and as far as Reed Timmer and Joel Taylor's friction, well, i'm not so sure sometimes it looks badly rehearsed but in this latest episode the 'petty' argument in the car seemed to strike a few sour chords especially when Joel threw in a couple of comments regarding Reed and his overzealous attitude towards stormchasing ...... "Yeah, like the louder you say it then it must be right"!..... I hope they dont fall out just because 'fame' has reared its ugly head and its just being 'spiced-up' for the series as they have/had a good understanding and make a great team maybe Chris Chittick can bring calm and harmony and Reed can feel his 'Chi' again..:lol:..

Next episode looks like the one

Hopefully Sean gets that shot otherwise his children will be going hungry...!!

(Well thanks to a certain Mr Sherman i know the answer to that)

Reed Timmer has put some comments up on their website.

I hope everyone enjoyed the 3rd episode! Personally, I was curled up in the fetal position in agony during most of it, but don't worry, the next episode is when the real action starts and will be non-stop tornado intercept insanity from here on out. It was difficult to watch the Joel situation unfold...One thing that was not shown is that he continually backed out of 5-6 chases before the one shown in this episode, and if we executed on his schedule, we only would have seen a few tornadoes last season. He has several priorities that are higher than storm chasing, and I can't continually devote all my energy to convincing him to chase the "marginal" setups, especially when those are when we've seen some of our best tornadoes in the past. Over the last several years, I've had to go on many solo storm chases as far north as the Canadian Border because I couldn't convince him to chase, and it's very difficult to pull the all-night drives solo with a chase the next day. That's one of the main reasons Chris moved down from Michigan, so I could have a dependable chase partner with equivalent passion for seeing tornadoes and executing our scientific goals. Of course, Joel and I are still really good friends, and hopefully he'll be back behind the wheel of the Dominator next season..

Written by Reed Timmer Monday, 02 November 2009 12:57

http://www.tornadovideos.net/

Edited by NL

Posted

Wow (Hopefully he will be back behind the wheel?) Dont sound too promising at the moment!

Watched Episode 3 tonight and can see why Disco put in the Chasers more than the Storms, We felt the pain of the ridge in May as well, was nice to see the Breckenridge Supercell again (5th May) and this Chase we could not have chased any better, we took a South road to the West of the Supercell then Stairstepped East and South East seeing the Tornado about 6 Miles SE Of Breckenridge, also nice Footage of the TX Panhandle Day on the 12th May which we also saw the Tornado near Childress. Next week gets interesting i would presume it is the 15th May (Missouri Outbreak) and then Episodes 5 & 6 should be all about June and how active that month was in 2009!

Cant wait now after watching this and now under 6 Months until we get Chasing again!

Paul S

Posted

More focus on storms and not so much on relations in this weeks episode. Without trying to spoil things Sean Casey's 'inside' a tornado eludes him yet again as the TIV II succumbs to yet another brake-down....

Posted

Just watched episode 4, some good action this week. Bad luck for Sean though, you can tell when he's a bit stressed, he goes a little crazy in personality. Roll on this Sundays episode, look forward to seeing what more the Missouri outbreak can give.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

2 more days to go....or is it 3, Monday night they should be up.

Remember, username "Gadgetglanman7" on youtube.