Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash Elvis

Diving In Football

wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Cheating Gooners.........!!!!

Does anybody else think that Eduardo should be punished for that dive for a penalty for the goons against Celtic???

Pass FE, but aren't the Gooners great?

Maybe 2012 olympics?

Scynchonised diving?

And they gave our Matt Taylor all that stick when he broke his leg??

(He's being watching Drogba videos?)

Phil.

At least the mighty Spurs are 3-0 up!!!

That dive was a joke......it really wind's me up seeing diving in football...........even worse a goon player...ban him for lifeyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

:pardon: Here we go, here we go, here we go.

Here we go, here we go, here we go... 0-3!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:):D:):D

Yes Eduardo dived but that isn't really the point. In my opinion The keeper went to ground, arms flailing, moving across eduardo's path, no chance of getting the ball..... If Eduardo stayed on his feet, keeper would have clattered him, instant penalty anyway ! I think Eduardo did what any forward would do when the keeper slides at you.......... you get off the ground, to avoid injury.

Fair penalty.

Yes Eduardo dived but that isn't really the point. In my opinion The keeper went to ground, arms flailing, moving across eduardo's path, no chance of getting the ball..... If Eduardo stayed on his feet, keeper would have clattered him, instant penalty anyway ! I think Eduardo did what any forward would do when the keeper slides at you.......... you get off the ground, to avoid injury.

Fair penalty.

mmmm...didnt touch him therefore not a foul therefore not a penalty regardless of dives or injury or rubbish like tht!!!

Tommyboy are you on a wind up????

Boric actually pulled out of the challenge.........Eduardo is a cheatnonono.gifnonono.gifnonono.gif

Remember Pete and Flash Elvis... UH haa haaa hum!

Who are we playing this weekend? cool.gif

(Need the points!!)

Phil.

Diving in football is, quite rightly IMHO, awarded a yellow card when spotted. However, there is a difference between a dive and, say, losing one's footing, or being knocked off-balance by another player. There is also the problem of players going down more easily in the penalty area on the grounds that if they stay up the referee probably won't give a penalty even if a penalty is the right decision, especially in cases when due to that dodgy "obvious goalscoring opportunity" rule the defender would have to be sent off.

Anyway the Gooners are pretty exciting to watch when they're on form and I hope to see them challenging the other front-runners this season.

Ummmm Birmingham .....I think we lost against them the other season....tease.gif 4-3????

4-0...to the Tottenham Boys!!!drinks.gif

Oh and by the way we dont care of the goons have actually scored a proper goalwhistling.gif

Think the referee might be a bit embarrassed!

I am a relatively high ranked referee, and I can say, categorically that I have cautioned more players for diving than any other referee in my league. Irrespective of where they 'fall', they get a yellow! Perhaps one of the reasons I am not too endeared by clubs, but that is how it is...lol :D

The deciding factor for me as a referee - appeal! If a player falls, or completely dives as we think of it, and looks at me in appeal, he gets a yellow.

Remember, 'simulation' is not merely going down like a sack of manure! Some players will play on an innocent fall by throwing his arms up in appeal to try and con the ref!! IMO, that is just as bad!! :pardon:

5-1 purs now....ummmm is it me..does that scoreline mean anything else to Spurs fansyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Diving...simulation....they should be banned if caught out for the season...soon stop it happeningdiablo.gifdiablo.gif

Remember Pete and Flash Elvis... UH haa haaa hum!

Who are we playing this weekend? cool.gif

(Need the points!!)

Phil.

Losing to???

Diving should receive a red card. So should spitting, swearing and rolling around on the floor as if a limb has just been lopped off and then leaping up moments later.

Oh, and Lucas Leiva should be given a permanent red card by Liverpool for being a liability. :D

mmmm...didnt touch him therefore not a foul therefore not a penalty regardless of dives or injury or rubbish like tht!!!

So basically what you are saying is, in that situation, the forward player must stay on his feet, get actually fouled, with the attendant risk to his health and career, in order to get the foul awarded. Put another way, it's OK for the keeper to, throw himself at the forward (not the ball), and prevent the forward from any further progress towards a goalscoring chance.

I think thats basic obstruction.

Whether contact occurs isn't the issue. The issue is, did the keeper have the right to block the forwards progress without making contact with the ball. No. Thats a foul.

Losing against??? blum.gif

I rest my case Mr Tattum. I'll buy you a beer if otherwise. (On condition that you you travel down here!)

Phil.

Tommyboy....you must be on a wind up or an typical Ar5ena1 fan or both!!!!

Are you seriously saying that a goalkeeper cannot dive to stop the ball ???? Its a goalkeepers job to stop the ball going in the net, with your comments we should take the goalkeeper out the game.

Are you saying that Boric last night didnt make any attempt to get the ball so its a penalty on the basis of obstruction?

As for a player waiting to actually get touched for it to be a foul......its a contact sport Football....get used to it, look back at some of the tackles that happend in the 80's until foreign players invaded english football. My god if they played now it would be down to 6 a side.

Although I think banning Eduardo would be disproportionate relative to other incidents of this kind, I would like to see the rules changed to allow subsequent rescinding and adding of yellow cards (in much the way that red cards can be rescinded and bans can be introduced).

That way Eduardo could be awarded the yellow card retrospectively. Of course it does nothing to change the penalty decision, but once the penalty has been taken, there isn't really anything workable that can be done about it.

What we also need more of is consistency across the pitch. The line between what is a foul and what isn't should be the same everywhere, not applied differently in the penalty area.

Tommyboy....you must be on a wind up or an typical Ar5ena1 fan or both!!!!

Are you seriously saying that a goalkeeper cannot dive to stop the ball ???? Its a goalkeepers job to stop the ball going in the net, with your comments we should take the goalkeeper out the game.

Are you saying that Boric last night didnt make any attempt to get the ball so its a penalty on the basis of obstruction?

As for a player waiting to actually get touched for it to be a foul......its a contact sport Football....get used to it, look back at some of the tackles that happend in the 80's until foreign players invaded english football. My god if they played now it would be down to 6 a side.

'on a wind up' from a man who supports a team that signed king of the divers Klinsman who brought constant diving into the English game!

What we also need more of is consistency across the pitch. The line between what is a foul and what isn't should be the same everywhere, not applied differently in the penalty area.

That's true. The commentators last night mentioned an incident where Loovens raised his boot to Bendtner in the penalty area. That would have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch so why not in the box? Refs have a hard enough job as it is without having to deal with what is basically 2 sets of rules for the same thing.

Oh, and while I have a platform, we need goal line technology!!