Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*Stormforce~beka*

Matched Betting

I love football season! It brings me lots of bookies bonuses and lots of opportunities to make more money!

Any one else do MBing?

I was considering doing it a few months ago but thought i had missed the boat. Is it still possible to make a decent amount of money from it? how much have you made if you don't mind me asking?

If you are talking about Betfair etc. then you have to realise that for every winner there is a loser. Bit like the property market.

I'm still waiting for the season to settle down - but I couldn't resist taking a 5/1 bet on Vale to go down and 20/1 on Notts County to do the same. I'm in profit so far - but the Notts Co bet pays 5% on my risk and I have to wait until May to profit .... unless I trade out now at 100/1 for a 4% profit in 4 weeks.

I'm a layer. I reckon the long term profit is made on mug punters letting their heart rule their head. I tend to go against the money. Which is why, when it snowed last November and the tabloids went ape over a white Xmas, I was taking bets as low as 4/1. drinks.gif

Some punters are avid in-play traders - but I've found it as easy as herding cats.

Matched betting is where you place a bet one way then on another site place a bet the other way at similar odds. You can then grab the bonus that you get on sign up for free. I think thats what Beka means anyway.

Matched betting is where you place a bet one way then on another site place a bet the other way at similar odds. You can then grab the bonus that you get on sign up for free. I think thats what Beka means anyway.

Aaah. You can get matched or unmatched bets on the exchanges, that's why I commented that way.

In that case, there are updated free bets on this page

http://www.valuechecker.co.uk/

Yes you bet the same on both sides. So you bet for Team A to win at the bookie then bet for team A to loose (lay) at betfair/betdaq etc. Nice wee earners for sure!! I've made £1,700 in about 5-6 months. And that's taking it slowley. If you do more than 1 bookie at a time then you could make more. Depends how much time you have to put into it really tbh.

All about it:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=325861

http://www.matched-betting.com/guide.htm

It sounds 'too good to be true' to me, Beka? How do the bookies stay in business?? :good::good:

The bookies will get shed loads of genuine punters that loose their money. And even bonus "bashers" will loose at the bookie end. But win at the exchange. Maths dictates how much you lay at the exchange so when you win there you keep the bonus intact. Although as you have lost at the bookie end it won't be directly from them in that instance. :lol: