Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Facebook Connect!

Paul

Posted

Hi all, a new feature has just gone online onto the forum this evening - Facebook connect

This allows you to connect your facebook account with your forum account, so you can share a login, status updates, profile updates, avatars etc. You can set this up very simply by visiting this page:

http://www.netweathe...s&area=facebook

For the non members using the forum, if you have a facebook account you can use that to sign into the forum without the need to register, just visit the login page and click the connect with facebook button on the right hand side:

http://www.netweathe...l&section=login

Don't forget too that Netweather has it's own facebook page which you can find here:

http://www.facebook....ertv/8623474325

(please note that the facebook connect facility is only available on modern browsers such as firefox, safari and IE8)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Interesting feature.

I've linked mine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Interesting feature indeed, makes sense given the revamped forum's new functionality.

I don't think I'll use it much (I'll certainly want to keep the status updates separate for instance) but it has already proved useful being able to link the Facebook profile photo over to N-W- saves the effort of uploading it manually to N-W.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A slight issue:

When carrying my Facebook profile picture over, quite often at midnight it will automatically "refresh" the connection and wipe the photo, requiring me to "refresh" again to get the photo to carry over properly again.

Posted

After wiping it, if you leave it then it will get the profile picture again automatically - it has to do a refresh after 24 hours as it's part of the facebook terms for this type of thing.

Posted

That's not what I meant- I mean that it gets the profile picture automatically, and then shortly afterwards it wipes the picture, requiring me to reinstate it manually by clicking "refresh". I don't wipe the picture- it does!

Posted

I'm not seeing that here, there's probably a time lag between the old image going and the new image being reloaded, which may be made worse by your browser caching the location of the old image too.

Posted

I don't think it has anything to do with lag time- but perhaps I haven't explained myself very well (which isn't all that unusual lol!)

According to the "Manage Facebook Connect", you can manually "Synchronise Now" at any time to update your profile picture, and in addition the application automatically updates once every 24 hours. The manual synchronisation works fine, but the problem is that its automatic 24-hour updates keep wiping the profile picture. When it does that, the only way I can get it working again is by clicking "Synchronise Now", when it takes only a few seconds at most to start working- but only for 24 hours, whereupon the automatic update wipes it again.

So although I don't know exactly what the problem is, or whether it's specific to my system- it seems to be something to do with its auto-update feature, as manual-update works fine.

Posted

I think it may be browser related as I'm not seeing the issue and I can't see any other reports of it on Invision's tracker. Perhaps just leave it and see if it does appear eventually on an auto update.

Posted

Yes, it did it again today- the auto-synchronisation 24 hours after my manual one again wiped my picture. It isn't browser specific, as I get the same thing if I try using IE.

Working now because I manually synchronised again- it just means that as it currently stands I will have to remember to synchronise manually every 24 hours because it keeps automatically removing the picture!