Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion 5Th August >>

Lewis

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Doubt that setup would produce anything significantly thundery to be honest. High pressure centre is extremely close to EA, all that chart portrays to me is warm settled summer weather im affraid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Doubt that setup would produce anything significantly thundery to be honest. High pressure centre is extremely close to EA, all that chart portrays to me is warm settled summer weather im affraid.

Precisely, that's why I said it's not ideal :lol:

However, if the HP slips off towards the E (as quite often happens) and the LP starts to move in....bingo! :)

It brings the most hope out of all of the charts in the coming fortnight :)

Edited by Harry

Posted

It certainly doesn't look good for storms for the immediate future, could well be we don't get another plume this summer.

It's been an average to below average year so far. The south east has just a just below average year so far by the looks of things with some parts about average, the midlands, which had a good spring is now well below average, as is the north west. The north east and east andlia have both had good years, while the south west is very below average.

Not the best year so far then but still some hope that things could improve. As has been mentioned in another thread, a september trip to north east Spain is the cheapest and best way to see a few good storms now.

Still, we do live in near enough the country with the lowest amount of thunderstorms in the world so we can't complain to much.

Posted

At work at moment. Customer called to say he had a very very bad thunderstorm today and now his router is fried. I can't see owt on the meto radar. Me thinks he tells porkies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

At work at moment. Customer called to say he had a very very bad thunderstorm today and now his router is fried. I can't see owt on the meto radar. Me thinks he tells porkies.

It was a genuine call Beka, and it had nothing to do with the £50 he paid me to post this... :cc_confused:

Anyhoos, a few storms firing up in northern France ATM, but alas, it looks like they're being sheered off to the NE to stay on the wrong side of the channel for South Eastern folk

Posted

It was a genuine call Beka, and it had nothing to do with the £50 he paid me to post this... :cc_confused:

Anyhoos, a few storms firing up in northern France ATM, but alas, it looks like they're being sheered off to the NE to stay on the wrong side of the channel for South Eastern folk

Very deceptive looking sky towards London at the moment. It is nothing of interest I hasten to add, but at very first glance you wouldnt be stupid to think thundery downpour!!

Been very warm again today, breeze picking up now! Almost perfect, comfortable temperature at the moment - doors and windows open, nice breeze blowing through...lovely! :help:

Indeed, those storms over France wont reach us...in fact, some of them don't seem to have moved in 3 hours!! :cc_confused:

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Weather very strange at the mo. gone very dark but no rain very odd pressure lines as well on the radar like im in a Void in the middle and all the lines turn away from me!

Posted

My 1st ever post on here. (Registered on the other forums too although i'm more a TWO guy) don't hold that against me. :p I would like to report on the tremendous downpour we got here in Cumbernauld yesterday. I had noticed by 3pm that it was quite dark outside but I really didn't think anything of it (skies more or less remained the same although slowly got darker) eventually by 4 it looked like a shower was ready to brew. It didn't arrive to half 4 but when it did arrive? It was 1 of the worst showers I had ever seen. The rain for 15 minutes was trpoical (can only be described as tropical because I had never seen anything like it) Raindrops we're absolutely huge and torrents of rain came down so it seemed. Got so heavy that I couldn't see out my bedroom window! :o Eventually eased off after about 15 minutes or so but the Garden (which was just starting to dry after out after all the deluges of this summer) is completely flooded out again. Torrents of water we're also running down the street. Absoluetly no thunder or lightning but a pretty extreme (if albeit very short) downpour of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Interesting first post, NUT...Welcome to the loony bin! :p

Posted

My 1st ever post on here. (Registered on the other forums too although i'm more a TWO guy) don't hold that against me. :o I would like to report on the tremendous downpour we got here in Cumbernauld yesterday. I had noticed by 3pm that it was quite dark outside but I really didn't think anything of it (skies more or less remained the same although slowly got darker) eventually by 4 it looked like a shower was ready to brew. It didn't arrive to half 4 but when it did arrive? It was 1 of the worst showers I had ever seen. The rain for 15 minutes was trpoical (can only be described as tropical because I had never seen anything like it) Raindrops we're absolutely huge and torrents of rain came down so it seemed. Got so heavy that I couldn't see out my bedroom window! :wallbash: Eventually eased off after about 15 minutes or so but the Garden (which was just starting to dry after out after all the deluges of this summer) is completely flooded out again. Torrents of water we're also running down the street. Absoluetly no thunder or lightning but a pretty extreme (if albeit very short) downpour of rain.

Nice! :p

Posted

Thanks for the welcomes. :p Wish my camera memory card hadn't gone missing and I would have got some pics (I'm in the central lowlands) Really would have had to been here to see it. Didn't look as of there was too many showers on the radar......but I reckon we got the heaviest of the day.

Posted

My 1st ever post on here. (Registered on the other forums too although i'm more a TWO guy) don't hold that against me. :) I would like to report on the tremendous downpour we got here in Cumbernauld yesterday. I had noticed by 3pm that it was quite dark outside but I really didn't think anything of it (skies more or less remained the same although slowly got darker) eventually by 4 it looked like a shower was ready to brew. It didn't arrive to half 4 but when it did arrive? It was 1 of the worst showers I had ever seen. The rain for 15 minutes was trpoical (can only be described as tropical because I had never seen anything like it) Raindrops we're absolutely huge and torrents of rain came down so it seemed. Got so heavy that I couldn't see out my bedroom window! :) Eventually eased off after about 15 minutes or so but the Garden (which was just starting to dry after out after all the deluges of this summer) is completely flooded out again. Torrents of water we're also running down the street. Absoluetly no thunder or lightning but a pretty extreme (if albeit very short) downpour of rain.

Hi NUT,

Nice to see you posting on here. We had a heavy downpour about the same time yesterday but we only just managed to catch the edge of it so it wasn't as bad as you describe here :rofl:

Cheers.

p.s can you put your location in your profile when you get a chance please? Thanks :)