Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

A "thanks" Button ?

Posted

Hi Guys, I hope this is the appropriate place to ask this. Would the site admins consider adding, if its even possible, a "Thank You" button to posts. It could be put beside the quote button, and if a post is thanked, the names of the users who thanked the post will appear along the bottom of the post.

I'm more a reader than a contributor to this site and have seen many,many useful and informative posts by lots of members. It would be great to have a way of thanking them without actually posting and cluttering up a thread. Take JH's LRF thread for example. He obviously puts a lot of time and effort into those forecasts, and I'm sure he knows we all appreciate it, but it would be nice to have a way of thanking him without, as I say, cluttering up the thread.

Just an idea I thought I would throw out there. By the way, well done on the new site layout.

Thanks. :winky:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I didn't realise a rep. system actually existed on this forum, but RRR you can have my first vote!

Perhaps it needs to be a bit more obvious - I'd never have noticed that.

Edited by 03jtrickey

I didn't realise a rep. system actually existed on this forum, but RRR you can have my first vote!

Perhaps it needs to be a bit more obvious - I'd never have noticed that.

If you are an example of most people on the forum then that explains why hardly any good posts have reputation points!

(P.S. Did you never think what the plus sign and the number next to it on the bottom right of every post meant? ;) )

Edited by RAIN RAIN RAIN

Have you used the reputation system yet?

If you like a post for whatever reason, just click the Posted Image beneath it to give the post and the member a positive reputation rating.

Maybe a few more people will use it :cc_confused: