Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Introductions!

On 14/07/2019 at 20:12, bill monty said:

Hi there ,just thought I'd  say hello my name's William  ,aka Bill I'm 54 and i recently  moved back from Thailand  where I was a security advisor  for a large multinational  company  ,reason elderly relatives?  looking forward to a cold winter my first in nearly 20 years ?

And welcome to Netweather Bill :oldsmile:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

And welcome to Netweather Bill :oldsmile:

Thank you  dangerous 55019  ?

• Like 1

On 16/07/2019 at 20:59, bill monty said:

Thank you  dangerous 55019  ?

enjoy the site bill

• Like 4

Hi all, Just popping in to introduce myself. Loved storms since the 'great hurricane' of '87 when I was a wee lass and utterly enthralled by what I witnessed. Went on my first chase in April 2007 in America with Tempest Tours, and loved it so much I booked a second tour for 5 weeks after I got home. Chased for about six weeks a year in the USA for the next few years, culminating with my one and only hurricane chase (Irene) in 2011. That was one helluva experience! Since then my entire life has nose dived and Ive not been able to chase in America since then. I didn't even pick up my camera for three years until Tuesday night, which FINALLY kicked Bradfords insatiable zone of stability to touch and we got a great electrical storm. Now Im re-enthused and really hoping tonight provides some excitement. Im so sick of watching large powerful storms fizzle on radar the second they hit the Pennines!! (Anyone know why that happens?) 

Some people seem to be posting tornado counts - I don't know what my number is exactly, and there's much debate over whether if a cell produces a tornado which lifts and drops again whether that counts as one or two. But depending on how you count my number would be 50 - 80 tornados since 2007 (all in the USA). The best day of my life EVER was Campo Colorado on May 31st 2010 if anyone remembers that one. 

• Like 2

Hey everyone! ? My name is Cy, 35 from North Wales (Hawarden). I've had a love of weather since I was younger... I remember back in the late 80's early 90's when the sky's were blue and had proper summers, winters etc! I've followed severe weather on and off for over 30 years, but manly started following and watching live streams of storm chasers over in the states over the past 15'ish years. Would love to go storm chasing there as I LOVE Tornados. Hate being outside when it's lightening tho, as I seem to attract it. I remember when growing up, I used to get static charged, hair used to stand on end when a storm was close.

Just like what happened on Tues 25/07/2019! It just started thundering with no rain, really dry/ humid. So I sat on the step warerily (as I know I hate lightening). Saying to myself "I bet it strikes right by me". Low and behold 20 -30 secs later... Massive low C2C right above me... I felt the heat and heard the buzz charge. The cloud base was low as it was, but it sort of left the base and jumped over... Was a BIG NOPE! To close too me and dangerously dry! ? New pants pleases...

I'm pretty good at judging the weather and understanding the process of how storms from etc.. I just want to be able to read models, data, soundings and do my own forecasts etc! Hard to understand it on your own though! ? . So any help would be great!? ?

There's a bit about me anyway  ? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, samthefootball said:

Hi i am new. this seems like a nice site

Hi sam. A warm welcome to Netweather. :oldsmile:
When you get a mo could you pop your location into your profile please. Ta.