Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Introductions!

18 hours ago, Jemma Croton said:

Hi ?? 

So I’m new to posting here but have followed this forum for several years before getting courage to join.

I’m Jemma, 33 (happy to say I don’t look it) and live in the SW. I’m a mum to 3 darlings; Finlay, Amelia and Eleanor. I also have 2 dogs and a cat. Somehow im responsible for keeping 6 creatures alive... 7 if I include myself... and that seems ridiculous given that my favourite pasttime is still to do Lego.

I have ASD and winter weather is one of my intense areas of special interest. I also love birds of prey and Lego. I love fashion and spending money.

x

What's ASD

Just now, Jemma Croton said:

Autism Spectrum Disorder

I haven't heard of that before:shok: thanks for your reply. How does it affect you?

The American DSM has combined autism and Aspergers in to one spectrum,I'm not on that one being a sociopath :rofl:

2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I haven't heard of that before:shok: thanks for your reply. How does it affect you?

Well. I’m socially awkward, moreso face to face when I can’t proofread what I want to say. I struggle to hold down friendships because they just don’t come naturallly to me. I have intense sensory issues that have quite a big impact on me day to day. Like noises, textures, temperatures etc. I can’t really go places alone because it all gets too overwhelming. I have bad anxiety and need to stick to routines to help the world make some sort of sense. Very stuck in my ways. 

I also have very intense areas of special interests like Lego, weather and birds of prey. They become life consuming really.

i am pretty high functioning though

2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

The American DSM has combined autism and Aspergers in to one spectrum,I'm not on that one being a sociopath :rofl:

Lol. Yeah if they still diagnosed Aspergers that’s where I would sit but it’s all just ASD now regardless of classic autism, a-typical autism, Aspergers, SPD or PDA

2 minutes ago, Jemma Croton said:

Well. I’m socially awkward, moreso face to face when I can’t proofread what I want to say. I struggle to hold down friendships because they just don’t come naturallly to me. I have intense sensory issues that have quite a big impact on me day to day. Like noises, textures, temperatures etc. I can’t really go places alone because it all gets too overwhelming. I have bad anxiety and need to stick to routines to help the world make some sort of sense. Very stuck in my ways. 

I also have very intense areas of special interests like Lego, weather and birds of prey. They become life consuming really.

Yet you have children and look after them all on your own:shok::good: plus cats and dogs:shok:

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Yet you have children and look after them all on your own:shok::good: plus cats and dogs:shok:

Yeah. I’ve a very caring nature and 2 of mine have autism themselves. My family is my life

2 minutes ago, Jemma Croton said:

Yeah. I’ve a very caring nature and 2 of mine have autism themselves. My family is my life

Have your children developed any special interests or are they too young?

50 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Have your children developed any special interests or are they too young?

Fin has. He’s 7. Pokemon is the big one just now... he bombards is with facts ALL.DAY.LONG

Greetings from Helsinki! I have been a Nordic winter lurker on this forum since the epic snow winter of 2009/2010. This site introduced me to SSW and forecast modeling and I have ever since been reading the crazily informed winter discussions here as there seems to be a clear correlation of winter weather between the South coast of Finland and Britain. I guess a strong Atlantic simply keeps going towards our northern shores and keeps the Helsinki winters of late rather maddeningly hovering on both sides of 0 degrees with snow, sleet and rain alternating and having proper dry winter weather for only occasionally (maybe this sounds like rather pampered for British winter lovers but we absolutely have the worst of Finnish winter weather). The summers seem to be much less connected. Anyway, has been ever so nice to have discovered this great site! (It's currently -14 centigrade here in northern Helsinki with ca 20cm of snow and seems to stay this way for at least 2-3 weeks to come - literally the first proper and settled spell of real winter here for several years, and happily looks like you are in for quite a treat too...)

• Like 2

Hi, I am Charlotte, please call me Charlie. I'm from Nottingham and have been fascinated with the site for a while but decided to take the plunge and join.

Edited by misscharlie
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 21:25, misscharlie said:

Hi, I am Charlotte, please call me Charlie. I'm from Nottingham and have been fascinated with the site for a while but decided to take the plunge and join.

hi charlie

On 2/23/2018 at 20:09, hwyl said:

Greetings from Helsinki! I have been a Nordic winter lurker on this forum since the epic snow winter of 2009/2010. This site introduced me to SSW and forecast modeling and I have ever since been reading the crazily informed winter discussions here as there seems to be a clear correlation of winter weather between the South coast of Finland and Britain. I guess a strong Atlantic simply keeps going towards our northern shores and keeps the Helsinki winters of late rather maddeningly hovering on both sides of 0 degrees with snow, sleet and rain alternating and having proper dry winter weather for only occasionally (maybe this sounds like rather pampered for British winter lovers but we absolutely have the worst of Finnish winter weather). The summers seem to be much less connected. Anyway, has been ever so nice to have discovered this great site! (It's currently -14 centigrade here in northern Helsinki with ca 20cm of snow and seems to stay this way for at least 2-3 weeks to come - literally the first proper and settled spell of real winter here for several years, and happily looks like you are in for quite a treat too...)

is it still snowing in helsinki

On 17/04/2018 at 21:25, misscharlie said:

Welcome!

Hello I’m Owen from Scunthorpe in North Lincs, 33 years old but happy to say I don’t really look like it. I’ve been reading the forum for a while but finally decided to join.

• Like 2

On 27/05/2018 at 21:01, Owen. said:

Hello I’m Owen from Scunthorpe in North Lincs, 33 years old but happy to say I don’t really look like it. I’ve been reading the forum for a while but finally decided to join.

hi hope you post your second post soon lol

Hello, I just signed up on this forum, I have a small at home weather station, that me and my wife monitor, I like to see what others setup and weather in there local areas, I hope to be posting some "stuff"  a little bit here and there.. Thanks Rovingnome...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rovingnome said:

Hello, I just signed up on this forum, I have a small at home weather station, that me and my wife monitor, I like to see what others setup and weather in there local areas, I hope to be posting some "stuff"  a little bit here and there.. Thanks Rovingnome...

Welcome to the forum..

You'll find us a friendly bunch.

Could you please enter your location, so that we know where you are talking about. (when you report snow!). The town will be fine.

MIA

So hello  everyone. My names ian I’m 42. People call me Tay though as my surname is Taylor and Ian’s just a bit ,well, terrible ??. I’m from Liverpool but currently reside in Spain. I’m hoping to move back to my birthplace  early next year. Spain’s been great to me but I miss home too much. Here’s hoping to a great winter.

Hi there ,just thought I'd  say hello my name's William  ,aka Bill I'm 54 and i recently  moved back from Thailand  where I was a security advisor  for a large multinational  company  ,reason elderly relatives?  looking forward to a cold winter my first in nearly 20 years ?

• Like 3

On 14/07/2019 at 20:12, bill monty said:

Hi there ,just thought I'd  say hello my name's William  ,aka Bill I'm 54 and i recently  moved back from Thailand  where I was a security advisor  for a large multinational  company  ,reason elderly relatives?  looking forward to a cold winter my first in nearly 20 years ?

I read it as bill murray? thought what is he doing on a weather site

I see you get little  notifications  if quoted ,no sorry it's  MONTY  short for Montgomery  ,ex military  yes but no relation  to the famous field marshal.

• Like 2

On 02/02/2018 at 13:09, Jemma Croton said:

As someone with ASD that wasn't diagnosed until much later in my life I fully understand and empathise with everything you've said there Jemma. 

And sorry I'm late with this, but welcome to Netweather. :oldsmile: