Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
    47 minutes ago, Ryan M said:

Long, long, long time no see, NetWx!

My, this place hasn't half changed since I was last active. I think I stopped posting regularly around 2007-08 but had been checking in from time to time.

From a quick glance over the forum, it looks as though it's still as active as it used to be, so roll on the quality discussion!

Where did you go for all those years?:cc_confused:

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 531
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

enjoy the site bill

I've shared a lot on this forum. Sometimes very personal things. I have had some amazingly supportive responses. I have had negative comments when people disagree with my opinions, but that is all goo

I am from the Low Countries, the province of Noord Holland. I live in a city behind the dunes, and just above sea level. Always thought ppl must have been crazy, wanting to live in a country resemblin

Posted
    20 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Where did you go for all those years?:cc_confused:

I started studying at university and whatnot, so other interests took over.

I never stopped being interested in the weather, it's just I didn't have the time to spend discussing it the way I used to. :D

Posted
    2 minutes ago, Ryan M said:

I started studying at university and whatnot, so other interests took over.

I never stopped being interested in the weather, it's just I didn't have the time to spend discussing it the way I used to. :D

Not much weather  missed during all those years:good:

• 3 months later...
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and/or snow in Winter and Thunderstorms any time of the year.

Had a previous account on here but never really introduced myself but here goes I am Alan, I live in Oldham which is a town at the foot of the Pennines to the East & North of Manchester. I am a retired policeman after serving with GMP for many years. Of course we all get angry at some point but overall I would say my personality is ice cool, rarely do I get too flustered about things. This composure in a lot of ways helped me as police officer to keep my cool in tough situations, I don't think it helps being hot headed in that job. Some people have called me cold and unemotional but we can't really help our personalities. A few weather related words there too. :)

Edited by Frost HoIIow
    • Like 1
    Posted

Never knew this thread was here.  Been on this site since 2010 and really havnt divulged too much about myself so here goes.   My real name is Mark( not weirpig)  and i live in a town called Dudley in The west midlands  im a Tax Advisor   and run my own business alongside my wife.  Im a little bit hot headed unlike the poster above but calm down remarkably quick after i realise what a fool ive been.   My interests revolve around football and surprisingly from a workingclass man from the Black Country i love art and literature.  Education wise i left school with no qualifications  got into college on a very basic admin course  got into University  then the rest is history  so thats it   apart from im the one on the right in the picture  the good looking ones my son.

• Like 1
    • 1 month later...
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not wind, not rain.

Good evening. We've been watching the site for about a week or so now. Love weather, love world, love wildlife. Complete novices with regards to all the other bits and blobs, just find it totally fascinating. Anyhow we'll hang on and enjoy the ride. Thanks guys, Jodansgang.

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Location: Home: Nr Malton, Howardian Hills 53m asl Work: North York Moors
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
  • Location: Home: Nr Malton, Howardian Hills 53m asl Work: North York Moors
    3 hours ago, Jodansgang said:

Good evening. We've been watching the site for about a week or so now. Love weather, love world, love wildlife. Complete novices with regards to all the other bits and blobs, just find it totally fascinating. Anyhow we'll hang on and enjoy the ride. Thanks guys, Jodansgang.

Welcome to the Forum! Good to see another member joining from Yorkshire, don't forget to post any updates in the Yorkshire/Lincolnshire thread especially during winter when it's good to keep tabs on the weather across the region. Hope to be discussing snow depths with you soon :)

Regards, Vizzy

• 4 weeks later...
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I love a variety

Good morning, everyone. My name is Alice. I have been reading these forums for a while now, and I have come across some really interesting discussions on here. I have often thought about joining and have finally gotten round to doing so. I have an interest in meteorology and am a beginner on the subject, but I do tend to learn things pretty quickly.

• Like 1
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, Alice1991 said:

Good morning, everyone. My name is Alice. I have been reading these forums for a while now, and I have come across some really interesting discussions on here. I have often thought about joining and have finally gotten round to doing so. I have an interest in meteorology and am a beginner on the subject, but I do tend to learn things pretty quickly.

Hi there Alice:santa-emoji: welcome.

Posted
    1 minute ago, Alice1991 said:

Thank you. :D

Is it stormy where you are at the moment?:unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I love a variety
    19 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Is it stormy where you are at the moment?:unknw:

Yes it is. It is quite interesting listening to the wind and rain whilst I am nice and warm and dry indoors.:)

Posted
    Just now, Alice1991 said:

Yes it is. It is quite interesting listening to the wind and rain whilst I am nice and warm and dry indoors.:)

Same here, rain has started  rattling away on the window again and i'm in front of the fire wrapped up in a blanket.:lazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Welcome to the forum, Alice :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
    4 hours ago, Alice1991 said:

Hi, Alice, where abouts in W Midlands? I know an Alice born in June 1991

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
    6 hours ago, Alice1991 said:

Hi there. I live in Birmingham.

not sure where she lives now, did you go to school in Stafford? Walton High

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mobile at work, settled when I'm off :)

Hello Everyone,

I've been browsing the Netweather forums for a couple of years now, but never got round to posting. I'm an airfield weather Observer/Met Technician on the Isle of Man, so I've been watching and recording (SYNOPS and METARs) the weather for yonks. We get some very interesting weather on the Island. With hills, coasts and valleys there's a lot of local effects. The surrounding Irish Sea keeps the temperature from being either very hot or very cold, but we do get plenty of wind :) 

• 1 month later...
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, hot summers, misty autumns

Ha! I'm baccccccck! Everyone miss my sunny disposition? Can't remember my old log in and have long since binned that email, so my several thousand posts are consigned to history now. I haven't posted since about, what, 2011?

anyway, anyone who doesn't remember me, I'm the owner of the Scandiberian high and confident predictor of a sub 9 CET year three years before it happened, which was lucky ;) 

Posted
    1 hour ago, Snowmaiden said:

Ha! I'm baccccccck! Everyone miss my sunny disposition? Can't remember my old log in and have long since binned that email, so my several thousand posts are consigned to history now. I haven't posted since about, what, 2011?

anyway, anyone who doesn't remember me, I'm the owner of the Scandiberian high and confident predictor of a sub 9 CET year three years before it happened, which was lucky ;) 

Lol why have all your posts vanished. What made you come back after five years:crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, hot summers, misty autumns
    12 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Lol why have all your posts vanished. What made you come back after five years:crazy:

I think it's because I no longer use the email I was registered under before.

i came back because winter has come back ;):) I live in an Easterly so I rarely get to these parts........