Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

I've been registered on here since 2005, but only really started posting regularily recently.

I'm one of the 0.1% of the population that finds weather and all of its extremes fascinating, which is surprising as it really dictates how we live our lives on a day to day basis.

Also its funny how the general public always talk about 'the weather', but hardly any of them follow it as a hobby!

Anyway this is easily one of the best and frendliest websites around. :diablo:

Edited by North Londoner
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 531
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

enjoy the site bill

I've shared a lot on this forum. Sometimes very personal things. I have had some amazingly supportive responses. I have had negative comments when people disagree with my opinions, but that is all goo

I am from the Low Countries, the province of Noord Holland. I live in a city behind the dunes, and just above sea level. Always thought ppl must have been crazy, wanting to live in a country resemblin

Posted

Hi everyone!

My name is Robert, 21 from Barrhead, Glasgow.

I just noticed someone has the name as me, they are cookie and I am c00kie, I hope your ok with that, hehe (just call me Rob or Rab) :good:

I have been reading this forum for a while now and have decided to join in the fun. I really love the weather, it really fascinates me. I really love cold weather, snow, thunderstorms and tornadoes. I plan to go storm chasing sometime in the next few years, I loved reading the forum from the storm chase team, it makes me jealous and wish I was there :cold:!!!

I am enjoying this cold spell we are having just now, loving the snow and sledging. I have lots of pics of the recent snow that I will upload for others to see soon.

I am still a novice when it comes to reading weather charts, models etc, but I know there is lots of info and help on this forum and I will learn with time.

Cheers, Rob.:cold:

Posted

Hi everyone!

My name is Robert, 21 from Barrhead, Glasgow.

I just noticed someone has the name as me, they are cookie and I am c00kie, I hope your ok with that, hehe (just call me Rob or Rab) :good:

I have been reading this forum for a while now and have decided to join in the fun. I really love the weather, it really fascinates me. I really love cold weather, snow, thunderstorms and tornadoes. I plan to go storm chasing sometime in the next few years, I loved reading the forum from the storm chase team, it makes me jealous and wish I was there :clap:!!!

I am enjoying this cold spell we are having just now, loving the snow and sledging. I have lots of pics of the recent snow that I will upload for others to see soon.

I am still a novice when it comes to reading weather charts, models etc, but I know there is lots of info and help on this forum and I will learn with time.

Cheers, Rob.:clap:

this could get confusing.

welcome mate.

from one cookie to the next c00kie

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted

Hi everyone.

I am not totally new here. Have watched the forums for some time and have enjoyed the infomed discussions and the banter. Maybe I will even learn something while im here :drinks:

I live on the border between Hampshire and Dorset which puts me in the irritating area that tends to miss most snow and storms (present conditions excepted lol). Have had an ongoing interest in the weather for a considerable length of time, probably stemmed by a fantastic relative who used to work at the Heathrow met office and has for many years had his own satellite receiving equipment that I used to watch in awe as a child.

Love to watch thunderstorms come rolling in at the local beaches and clifftops in the summer, as no doubt many others do judging by the packed car parks.

All the best

• 5 months later...
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud formations

Hello Everyone

New to the forum and just wanted to hello. I live right next door to where the big birds fly from (RAF Waddington). That is on the top of the Lincoln ridge. My main interest is in photography and all things clouds. I do have a weather station, but can't seem to get reliable readings from the software, so I'll have to make template to post my local conditions.

Regards - Keith

Posted

Hi everyone.

My name is Kris, I'm 29 years old and I now live in Wallington, Surrey. I have been using this site for a long time so I'm getting more involved.

I am a Civil Servant by day but by night I think about my passions, one of which is the weather (quelle surprise!). All types really - the snow this year was incredible by any standards and it made me feel like a little nipper all over again!

I'm not as knowledgeable as some members on here, but I love gaining new knowledge and you guys know what you're talking about! I'm trying to get to grips with interpreting the charts all the time....I'll get there I'm sure (patience!)

The main reason I am posting is that I simply cannot contain my EXCITEMENT :good: at having booked a place on one of the Storm Chase tours next year!! It's something that I have wanted to do for a long time and I just love the adrenaline rush that storms give me. I want to learn more about weather photography, as I'd like to try and get some decent shots next year - hopefully can get some tips from you guys.

Anyway, I'm happy to be part of the forum and hope for good times ahead for all.

:)

Kris

Posted

Hi Kris, thanks for the intro, nice to meet you so to speak :good:

I am sure you will have a ball with the boys on the chase next year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud formations

Welcome to the forum keith :good:

Thanks very much Paul.

Posted

Hi everyone.

My name is Kris, I'm 29 years old and I now live in Wallington, Surrey. I have been using this site for a long time so I'm getting more involved.

I am a Civil Servant by day but by night I think about my passions, one of which is the weather (quelle surprise!). All types really - the snow this year was incredible by any standards and it made me feel like a little nipper all over again!

I'm not as knowledgeable as some members on here, but I love gaining new knowledge and you guys know what you're talking about! I'm trying to get to grips with interpreting the charts all the time....I'll get there I'm sure (patience!)

The main reason I am posting is that I simply cannot contain my EXCITEMENT :good: at having booked a place on one of the Storm Chase tours next year!! It's something that I have wanted to do for a long time and I just love the adrenaline rush that storms give me. I want to learn more about weather photography, as I'd like to try and get some decent shots next year - hopefully can get some tips from you guys.

Anyway, I'm happy to be part of the forum and hope for good times ahead for all.

http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons//smile.gif

Kris

Hi Kris, welcome aboard, are you coming to the storm chase bbq in August?

More info here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/62923-2nd-annual-netweather-stormchase-bbq/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Welcome B.Z. !

Am envious of your tour date!!!

Posted

Excellent!

Address info is here:

If you need any more info though, feel free to drop me, Paul Sherman or Anyweather (he's organising it), a pm :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Hi I'm Claire . For those who don't already know me from T3 2010 . I went on storm chase tour 3 2010 ever since I've been hooked . My interest is more from a photography point of view ( I've yet to master this !) but I have to admit there no better feeling than standing in front of a rotating Supercell in the US, punching a hailcore or watching a lightening show :crazy:

To fund my habit I work as a spreadsheet jockey in Hatfield, Herts, and I'm studying to be an Accountant :80:

Edited by duckeyh
    Posted

Hiya Claire.

Welcome to the forum. We will be restarting the photo competition soon so keep that camera handy.. :lazy:

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted

Hey all, I'm Sab, I live in Melbourne Australia. I like heat, storms and anything summer, can't stand ugly wintry damp overcast and drizzly muck,.

Posted

Hey all, I'm Sab, I live in Melbourne Australia. I like heat, storms and anything summer, can't stand ugly wintry damp overcast and drizzly muck,.

Sorry, I've got to say it.......

Posted Image

http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

A friendly Hello from Not so Sunny Skye!

Hi everyone, my name is Leigh and I live on Skye in the NW Highlands. Ive been on several other forums about the weather... I love the weather.... I drive my husband and children nuts about it! Ive been looking at the GFS for a while now and of course looking at the long range forecasts and Michael Fish weather forecast. So I thought that I had better pop in and say hello from this part of the country.

Posted

A friendly Hello from Not so Sunny Skye!

Hello and welcome to NW LOTS! I have to admit, the weather is not much different at this end of the British Isles :wallbash:
    Posted

Welcome Leigh or should we call you LOTS (Lady of the Storm) :)

We are a generally friendly bunch here. I've been obsessed with the weather since a child so don't worry you are amongst friends :help: Many a time I've almost crashed the car cos I've been too busy looking at the clouds :oops:

Feel free to drop into the lounge Banter We will be serving coffee and danish pastries this morning and the bar opens at 6pm :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

Welcome Leigh or should we call you LOTS (Lady of the Storm) :)

We are a generally friendly bunch here. I've been obsessed with the weather since a child so don't worry you are amongst friends :help: Many a time I've almost crashed the car because I've been too busy looking at the clouds :oops:

Feel free to drop into the lounge Banter We will be serving coffee and danish pastries this morning and the bar opens at 6pm :wallbash:

Awww thanks guys for the warn welcome, yes by all means call me LOTS, Ive fallen over when Ive been too taken in by the weather!

Right Im off to tackle the weather forums! lol They are going to love my science behind my discussion.... I predicted a very cold winter last year..... why? Because I was pregnant with twins and every time Im pregnant its very cold winter, because its knows I can t go and play in the snow. lol

Posted

I've been obsessed since a child :help:

:oops:

Because I was pregnant with twins and every time Im pregnant its very cold winter

I wasn't pregnant last Winter...... :wallbash: