Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Planet Earth - Upgraded Today

Paul

Posted

This feature has just this minute gone online, so a heads up to our forum members before we announce it site wide. Planet Earth allows you to view video clips from around the globe which are updated at least 4 times daily, so you can follow the weather, sightsee or even check out locations you may be planning to visit.

Having tested it a lot in recent months, I think it's pretty addictive being able to go and watch other parts of the world during the day, so hopefully it's something you'll also enjoy doing!

[nwlink=http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=earth;sess=]Planet Earth![/nwlink]

As ever all comments/questions/feedback is very welcome.

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Niagara Falls looks good, mate...Well done NW!

Posted

Thanks for the Update, Paul :blink: . I'm sure it'll be useful for tracking storms over some parts of Europe, especially France, Spain and parts of Germany, in thundery plume setups.

As well as for other things, such as the things that you mentioned. Well done Netweather, again. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Nice one :blink: , could be particularly popular come winter looking for that elusive snow!

Posted

Yes around that mark, they're just brief snippets of what's happening. There's a longer program on the far right of the list which is a 2 minute (ish) trip around the world, which is updated 4 times daily.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Thats pretty impressive Paul it makes the world seem a much smaller place when you can check out area's around the world at the click of a button.

Netweather is moving forward in leaps and bounds lately, well done :)

BU

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Nice One Paul,

Look forward to winter with these.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Oh wow, this takes me back. The World Today used to be shown on Sky Travel in between programs and such-like. I used to absolutely love it. It was the only thing I ever watched on that channel.

Great to be able to watch again on Netweather. Only gripe is the lack of sound. Sky used to play a certain piece of music over the top. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Other than that, great stuff. :)

Edited by NorthantsSnow

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

We've put an initial update of Earth Live online this afternoon, the videos are now a minute long, higher quality and have background music available on them.

You'll see that some of the videos are still short and without the music but they'll gradually all update over the next 24 hours, you'll also notice the screen size doesn't quite fit, we'll be updating that later today or tomorrow.

[nwlink=http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=earth;sess=]Planet Earth[/nwlink]

PS - Check out engelberg - snow on the mountains now....

Posted

Lol thanks Stu - we've been asked by the people at Earth TV to provide some ideas for possible locations for new cameras in the UK - particularly with interesting weather in mind, so if any of you have any locations you think would be good spots please post them up and I'll pass them on..