Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 26th February 2004

Paul

Guest ChaserUK

at 2355 :D we just had a sudden fall of 1cm large soft hail - rather like mini snowballs. Started to give a covering but now skies are clearing to my North.

Posted

Hi again we have just had loads of snow which now is freezing because of the clear skies. I just had to go out in the car and the roads wernt to bad but a bit slipy in patches so all that have to drive tonight and tomorow please please take care.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

I'm an exiled Devonian (from Plymouth). I wish I was back in the land of my youth. Not a flake here!

Posted

just got back from work nearly an hour ago.

here in exeter we had a prolonged shower of about 30 mins at 1830ish, which simply melted away. however we had another light one at around midnight, and although it lasted but 10 mins, left a dusting on cars, grass and rooftops.

looking at the 15 min radars there are showers flirting with Dartmoor up the road, so hoping they may pay us another visit!

it's ridiculously cold aswell, -3.7oC as i write, so any precip will stick like glue!

gonna wait it out another hour or so to see what happens...

Posted

Light snow beginning to fall here and stick to surfaces.

We've already got a dusting which isn't really measurable in terms or cms though.

I've had reports myself of 6 to 8inches of snowfall overnight across SW Wales; Camarthenshire, Ceredigion etc. Transport is severely affected..

Posted

Light snow just beginning to fall here in Dublin. Temp. -0.5c. Just heard on BBC that 3cm had fallen in Belfast in the last hour - hoping this is moving south!

Guest ChaserUK

:shock: :shock: :D Just got up and we have lying snow in Jersey. As far as I know this is the first time in years. Its not much but its on roofs, some of the rocky headlands, around the beach and on cars. Super convection taking place all around too!

http://www.net-weather.co.uk/4images/detai...hp?image_id=278

http://www.net-weather.co.uk/4images/detai...hp?image_id=279

Posted

got a covering of 1cm here, most came down in one big blizzard 2 hours ago. Villages to my west are reporting up to 4 inches, which is icy as well and is making driving very difficult with some roads closed

Very heavy snow here, probably about 4-5 inches, Heavy Snow also down to sea level Swansea beach has around 2 inches of level snow, I have got some photos, will try to download later.

Road conditions atrocious and most schools closed,

I think I chose the right day to have off work. [prebooked]

Posted

woke up a while ago, bizzarre scene. everything was covered in snow, though only a dusting. usually you'd expect onlyto see it on cars and rooftops, but it was also on the roads and pavements, grass and trees. and no - it isn't a frost!!!

we had a flurry 15 mins ago, but again very light, temp 0.4oC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

moderate dry snow leaving a thin covering here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

Starting to snow again here now, and most schools in the Swansea and Carmarthenshire areas are closed (not all but it seems most are).

Posted

its coming down thick and fast now!, will try and get some pics up later