Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

June 6th/7th - Coldest Summer Weekend In Parts For Over 10 Years!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Positively sub Tropical 14.9c here this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

17C.. but feels very cool especially with the wind and no sun at all. If this summer follows the last 2....

Posted
I`m surprised at the lack of comments of how bad it is on the weather forums when everybody else is very miserable indeed over this weekends weather after last weekend, like nassar hussein said on the cricket commenting on the lack of swing yesterday when it was just too cold, he said it doesn't get very warm very often in england not far off to be honest.

:huh: I'm going to take exception that that, I played a cricket match in the Midlands this Saturday and I'll tell you now, that ball swung. Granted, I bowled badly, but it swung for me!

It improved yesterday afternoon here with lovely spells of sunshine further north though it stayed very disappointing, what is amazing though is max temps even in blazing strong June afternoon sunshine only reached 12C to 14C in the bulk of the midlands :D

Still a very low max recorded in wales of just 9.1C, today temps should be higher generally but still feeling on the chilly side with more cloud cover and an easterly breeze, some very cool temperatures possible again tomorrow and wednesday.

Edited by Eugene

Posted

I think Heathrow scraped 14C on Saturday so even the south was not immune to the cold.

Posted

I have to say that apart from Friday, which felt pretty cool, the weekend didn't feel anything out of the ordinary temperature wise and was certainly less wet than I was expecting. Nonetheless, interesting to read about areas that were unseasonably cold!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

its of no consequence, it wont stop cool for too long, and early june 75 had snow it was that cold and look what happened after that! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Didn't seem that ordinary this weekend in terms of June weather, a max today of 14.8C and yesterday 13.5C.

My brothers wedding near Hastings and although day turn out ok cira 15c

The evening/night was def very cold for June, with coats being warn if you ventured outside.

It was ok for me as I could do my best man speech in a relatively cool room (had feared with June , Jacket and waist coat a bit of a sweat !)

Put the heating on last night (Southern softey)

Im sure no records have been broken however not sure why we have had a few put down comments re why the thread has been opened.

Forcast for Tuesday night is set to hit 3c where i am near Bicester

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Still fairly cool in Wales today, weather conditions alot beter though.

Note: Congratulations to the Conservertive Party for their biggest win in Wales in almost 100years.

Edited by Wales123098

Posted
Note: Congratulations to the Conservertive Party for their biggest win in Wales in almost 100years.

Why? Whats that got to do with the weather?

Still a very low max recorded in wales of just 9.1C,

Yeah but that station- Lake Vyrnwy- is hardly representative of the bulk of southern Britain, being at 359masl.

Posted
Why? Whats that got to do with the weather?

Yeah but that station- Lake Vyrnwy- is hardly representative of the bulk of southern Britain, being at 359masl.

Nothing, just mentioning it, I.E. note

Posted
Nothing, just mentioning it, I.E. note

Note or not, an irrelevance.

Posted
Note or not, an irrelevance.

Just because your anti tory. Im just happy the party my parents work under has done well thats all. No Offense if you support labour, then cherio!

Anyway i realy dont want to cause a political debate on here tonight, ive had enough of them with several people, ummm

Its gone fairly mild here now its 13c at 23:40 not bad considering it didn't reach 10c on Saturday at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

There is absolutely nothing at the moment that is convincing me that this summer will be any different from the last two. In fact as each day goes by, my thoughts are getting stronger that this summer will end up being worse than the last two.

People will say it's silly to write off the summer at this summer, but I'm sure the same was said at the same point in both 2007 and 2008.

I would basically say to those people, you would be naive to expect the summer not to follow in the last two summers' footsteps, lessons are never learnt of course!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Woah! where are you getting your information from for you to justify that this Summer is going to be just as, or worse than the Summers of 07 and 08?

Optimism and Pessimism is pointless when it comes to this subject, it's not going to make any difference but at least have some patience. Yes June is not going so well at the moment but it will steadily improve temperature wise come the end of the month.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, knows what the this summer is going to be like so you might as well keep your pessimism to yourself.

Sorry Don't agree here, if optimism and pessimism are pointless in this subject, then why do hundreds flock to the snow watch thread in winter? Optimism of the winter coming snowfall of course, when it doesn't occur there is major pessimism.

I'm afraid when you're an exotic gardener like I am, patience isn't something you can readily accept when things aren't looking great.

I do think when you have been looking at the models for a while though you do get a feel when a high pressure may set up, and when a high pressure isn't likely to set up, and in our country we usually rely on high pressure to bring our warmth so it's not all hocus pocus rubbish.

Hats off to you for being patient, but not everyones perfect matey! :(

Posted

Daytime max on Saturday here was 11.3c - my coldest June day by a long shot. But as my records run 18z to 18z the official 24 hour max was 15.8c (Friday evening).

Sunday had a 24 hour max of 15.7c - which tied with my previous coldest June day.

Monday had a 24 hour max of 15.1c and is thus officially my coldest June day on record.

(records only go back to 2003)

Posted
Just because your anti tory. Im just happy the party my parents work under has done well thats all. No Offense if you support labour, then cherio!

Anyway i realy dont want to cause a political debate on here tonight, ive had enough of them with several people, ummm

Its gone fairly mild here now its 13c at 23:40 not bad considering it didn't reach 10c on Saturday at all.

For pity's sake!

All I was doing was pointing out that this is a thread related to weather and not making political (provocative?) statements such as yours. Personally, I wish to read/contribute on the weather...there are plenty of other forums/ even areas on NW, where you can air your political views!

Please do not make presumptions as to my political leanings as I wish to keep that private, this is afterall a WEATHER forum at heart :)

Posted
Yes June is not going so well at the moment but it will steadily improve temperature wise come the end of the month.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, knows what the this summer is going to be like so you might as well keep your pessimism to yourself.

Slight contradiction here methinks, you 'know' that the temperature will steadily improve towards the end of the month, yet no one knows what the summer is going to be like?

You can't have it both ways! (however likely it is that temps will pick up).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
There is absolutely nothing at the moment that is convincing me that this summer will be any different from the last two. In fact as each day goes by, my thoughts are getting stronger that this summer will end up being worse than the last two.

People will say it's silly to write off the summer at this summer, but I'm sure the same was said at the same point in both 2007 and 2008.

I would basically say to those people, you would be naive to expect the summer not to follow in the last two summers' footsteps, lessons are never learnt of course!

they did, when i posted my fears that summer 07 was 'over' as the signes didnt look good...it was the third week in june and many credited me with 'writing off summer' when in fact id merely expressed deep concern.... by setpember i wish i HAD written off summer in june... :rolleyes:

totally agree.... dispite signes from the intellectuals on here (whom i respect greatly) that they are expecting pressure to build later this month, over scandi-europe (giving us a warm southerly), atm i cannot see this happening. i hope they are right and my fears are proven to be unfounded...

Posted

I don`t here many mention about last summer because that was just repetitive with the atlantic and jet over us,I`m not counting the first part of June,but after that the only decent week came between these dates in July then it went out with a bang with torrential rain/thunderstorms and no more summer after that.

The only real chance to make hay while the sun shines was this as I was fully aware.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/ra/20...00120080720.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/ra/20...00120080728.gif

Extremely poor forecast by the BBC for last night, they went for 7C min in the west midlands and 3C is being recorded at quite alot of stations, infact the valley near me was -2C this morning :D

They never mentioned it would be cold at all well 3C is bloomin freezing for June 12th only 9 days away from the solstice and it was much cooler than that in the countryside and in villages, i think the GW propaganda has really started to affect their forecasts, even amateurs could see it was going to be a cold night with ground frost last night looking at the charts after a cool northerly and then a ridge with calm winds, why the hell didn't they mention it would be cold.

Edited by Eugene