Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Michael Fish Forecast - Upgraded!

Paul

Posted

It is great to see Michael Fish back on the screen again. Like other have implied the podcast could do with the sound levels being upped ever so slightly :D

Looking forward to seeing the new graphics, I have to admit I will be making sure I dont miss the forecasts :)

Gilz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

all i can say massive massive respect for a top top forecaster great to see himm back doing the job he does best.

also good to see him on net weather :):D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Well done NW for getting this set up and cant wait to hear more from Michael over the coming months :)

Posted

Would like to echo many of the comments made on this. Excellent work from Netweather to get Michael back doing forecasts. I found it very informative and very well presented and, well, look forward to seeing next Thursday's update!

It would be great if he started posting on the forum, too.

:)

As has been posted previous, excellent news. :)

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Amazing! I especially like the fact that it's a forecast that is much more meteorology based, and nowhere near as patronising as the BBC ones!

Posted

Hi all, Michael's weekly forecast is now online:

[nwlink=http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=michaelfish;sess=]Michael Fish[/nwlink]

Unfortunately we haven't been able to use the new system this week as we've had a few teething troubles with it, so it's using the same more basic system as we used last week. The new presentation system should hopefully be ready for next week's forecast.

Paul

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Another superbly presented forecast even my daughter understood it and even commented on

how far south the jet stream is..!! "Whats going on with that ?" she said.

Although the graphics aren't the new ones they are still far better than anything used on national TV

certainly looking forward to the new charts next week if the problems can be sorted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Shame the new system couldn't be used just yet, but I am sure it is worth the wait! And in winter especially this forecast will be very popular I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Another professionel and very polished forecast by Mike. Its way ahead of any TV or any other weather website in this country. Many Thanks to Paul M, for all the hard work ," behind the scenes work "which requires a lot of patience when things go wrong! :(

Edited by ANYWEATHER

Posted

Nice to see the jet stream in the forecast, would be great to see it more often *flutter eyelashes* pretty please :(

Posted

See this got nice coverage in one of the local rags :) Though they did have to bring up the bloomin' hurricane thing again!

Posted

Michael's latest forecast is now online - and we have made a start using the new presentation system, which we will be rolling out more fully over the next few weeks (as well as tweaking to improvement various aspects of it).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Indeed, it's great to see (Sir) Michael back on the screen...Well done Net-weather and Michael! B)

Posted

B) A very well presented forecast (no surprises there though!) & the graphics are very good.

I recall stating a few weeks ago about putting the days/times on so thank you for doing that - having that in the top left is best as the Northern Atlantic area isn't that important ( B) ) although with the type being red I missed them at the start when the reddy orange graphic was in the same place.

Just a negative to end with - the sound is still quiet even with maximum volume on.

Posted

Great to see the weather forecasting legend back on our screens again. Well done for securing his valued input on netweather.tv

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Really great forecast, hope to see this continue, its very well done, keep up the good work guys!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yes, another good, informative, well-presented by Michael Fish- I will certainly be interested to see how the graphics look when the finished lot are rolled out.

After all the discussions on BBC forecasts I really do think Michael Fish's N-W forecasts may well end up combining the best of the "old" and the "new", with the range of graphics clearly offering large scope to provide an informative forecast. Keep it up everyone, you are all doing a great job.