Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 25/5

Ross B

Posted

Late I know, but have been away for a few days. Thunderstorm reported here on Monday evening with occasional thunder and lightning.

Posted

Morning,

Thundery rain hear in exeter since about 8am. I think mainly cloud/cloud strikes but looked like a couple of ground strikes too. Looking at the radar the storm appears to be building just to the east of exeter and heading North along the M5.

Cheers

S

Posted

Had a small close thunderstorm( 6 flashes, 6 cracks of thunder) here between 12.45am and1.30am this morning. Rain torrential.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Under a very intense rainstorm. Had flashes of lightning but the rain rate is the main feature. We have had 20mm in half an hour with a rain rate of 100 mm/hr.

Posted
Had a small close thunderstorm( 6 flashes, 6 cracks of thunder) here between 12.45am and1.30am this morning. Rain torrential.

Yep I'd agree it with it really did give it what for. It would appear that two of the lightning flashes were down here on the heath, as the delay between the flash and thunder was extremely short duration, to the point interference was picked up on the tv and that's from the satellite!

Some 17.5mm's of rain most of which fell during the times you mentioned.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

For completeness, would like to mention the phenomenal storm over East Exeter at 8-9am the 6th June which occurred as part of a very wet day, rainfall totals locally exceeded 100mm in 12 hours.

Posted

Short thunderstorm this afternoon, with several rumbles (around 2 minutes inbetween each), a couple of strikes within 2 miles, and some heavy rain for a short while.

For completeness, would like to mention the phenomenal storm over East Exeter at 8-9am the 6th June which occurred as part of a very wet day, rainfall totals locally exceeded 100mm in 12 hours.

My parents said there was a lot of heavy rain and flooding around last Saturday in Devon, they have been on holiday down there this week, and Saturday didn't give them a lot of hope for the week ahead, but its been pretty fine since.