Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

How The Other Half Live

Posted

This little dingy was in Dartmouth for the weekend,She is the Maven Queen from where we do not nopost-5438-1243261924_thumb.jpgpost-5438-1243261958_thumb.jpg

Posted

Update on the super yacht,She actually the Mayan Queen,With a crew of 30,She is on route to the canary islands and then on to Barbados,This is her maiden voyage.click here

Edited by BARRY

Posted

:wacko: Barry how did you know where I was going to be? I told you before please do not photograph me when I am on my boat!

Posted
:wacko: Barry how did you know where I was going to be? I told you before please do not photograph me when I am on my boat!

actually, It's my boat as you can see, If you look close you will see a B monogram on the top deck :lazy:

• 5 weeks later...
Posted
actually, It's my boat as you can see, If you look close you will see a B monogram on the top deck :(
The Mayan Queen IV rolled out from the Hamburg shipyard of Blohm + Voss in 2008 and according to David Robinson, an expert on the international jet-set, the owner of the craft is the Mexican businessman Alberto Bailleres who again commissioned the designer Tim Heywood to devise the plans for this vessel which boasts an extremely distinctive hull structure. Blohm + Voss themselves claim that this mighty, 90m-long craft displaces 4,200 tonnes of water while sailing. She is currently occupying position No. 31 on the list of the best yachts although one suspects she was awarded this place on her external appearance alone given that due to top security very little is known about her engine capacity and performance abilities. Although mystery surrounds the craft’s capabilities and ownership, Robinson goes on to say that one thing we can be sure of is its origins – she’s the successor to the Mayan Queen, a 45m feeder ship

MayanQueen4.jpg

IMO NUMBER 1009479

VESSEL TYPE COMMERCIAL YACHT

HULL TYPE SINGLE HULL

GROSS TONNAGE 3.879 tons

SUMMER DWT 530 tons

BUILDER BLOHM VOSS HAMBURG - GERMANY

FLAG CAYMAN ISLANDS

VESSEL DETAILS

DIMENSIONS

BREADTH MOULDED 15,88 m

DEPTH 8,05 m

DRAUGHT 4,25 m

FREEBOARD 3800,0 mm

LENGTH B/W PERPENDICULARS 78,70 m

LENGTH OVERALL 91,95 m

COMMUNICATION CALL SIGN ZCXC8

MMSI CODE 319316000

BUILD START 2006 Jan 29

FIRST MOVEMENT 2008 Jun 24

LAUNCH DATE 2008 Mar 01

Well I can't go around calling myself Coast all of the time :(

• European State of the Climate 2023 - Widespread flooding and severe heatwaves

The annual ESOTC is a key evidence report about European climate and past weather. High temperatures, heatwaves, wildfires, torrential rain and flooding, data and insight from 2023, Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Chilly with an increasing risk of frost

Once Monday's band of rain fades, the next few days will be drier. However, it will feel cool, even cold, in the breeze or under gloomy skies, with an increasing risk of frost. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Dubai Floods: Another Warning Sign for Desert Regions?

The flooding in the Middle East desert city of Dubai earlier in the week followed record-breaking rainfall. It doesn't rain very often here like other desert areas, but like the deadly floods in Libya last year showed, these rain events are likely becoming more extreme due to global warming. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 2