Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase Days 21 - 24

Paul

Posted

All quiet on the western front? :)

Perhaps there's an opportunity today (Sunday) to think about a spot of recreation, but keep at least a small chance of some structure in the mix too.

Along the I40 into NM there's some amazing landscapes, and you might catch a lovely cell rolling off the high country?

Posted

With the down time for the next few days we will be doing other things to keep us Interested so.................

7 of us went to a Bowling Alley last evening at the Sooners Bowl in Norman and we had 2 Games of which I can now post up the results

Game 1

---------

1st - Paul Sherman 154

2nd - Audmun 145

3rd - Ross B 100

4th - Gordon B 99

5th - Tom Lynch 91

6th - Ian Cameron 88

7th - dogs32 36

Game 2

---------

1st - Audmun 123

2nd - Gordon B 111

3rd - Ross B 102

4th - Paul Sherman 100

5th - Ian Cameron 90

6th - dogs32 42

7th - Tom Lynch 27

But...............Ian won the drinking Competition!! :):doh:

Paul S

Posted
I'm guessing those games were played with the fences down ?!

Of Course :doh:

Was good to let our hair down - Planning something for today now :)

Posted

Ian won the drinking competition? What - i didn't see one lol. You went to bed after bowling Mr Sherman. lightweight!

(i'm sure Ian would have won if we had one tho)

Posted

We are just waiting for Ian to stock up at Walmart and then going for a BBQ @ Lake Thunderbird today which is just 5 Miles down the road. They have Horse Riding there as well for the more adventurous.

Paul S

Posted

You guys probably don't want to drive a long way for a slight chance, but it does look like thunderstorm development on Monday in parts of n.e. NM and s.e. CO ... not likely to be severe, hilly mesa landscapes, could at least be photogenic. This could repeat on Tuesday and even spread into parts of nw TX, OK pan and w quarter of KS.

If everything went quiet for 5-7 days you could always go to the Grand Canyon or other interesting spots in AZ, southern UT or anywhere in CO, for example you can drive to the top of Pikes Peak near Colorado Springs (elevation 14,400 ft) or almost that high to the west of Denver on I-70 through Loveland Pass.

Speaking of Grand Canyon, in the sort of pattern now developing, there are frequent afternoon and evening storms around higher peaks like the ones near Flagstaff, the Mogollon Ridge in east central Arizona, and parts of the Navajo nation especially the part on the NM side of the border. These are almost never "severe" by plains standards but they sometimes get quite intense for lightning and structure.

Posted

Another Down day on the 17th May saw us go to Lake Thunderbird for a Bbq and some Ball games and Sunbathing, absolutely lovely place, we then went to the Bowling Alley and also shot some Pool.

The Results

-------------

Game 1

---------

Stewart - 122

Ian - 120

Gordon - 120

Paul S - 102

Tom - 101

Ross B - 83

Pat - 59

Game 2

---------

Stewart - 127

Gordon - 126

Ian - 116

Paul - 102

Ross B - 96

Tom - 86

Pat - 76

Game 3

---------

Ian - 193 :D:D Drug Test was Undertaken

Paul - 134

Ross B - 111

Stewart - 106

Gordon - 99

Tom - 76

Pat - 66

Game 4

---------

Ian - 120

Pat - 118

Stewart - 110

Ross B - 106

Paul - 81

Tom - 77

Gordon - 77

Game 5

---------

Gordon - 147

Stewart - 114

Pat - 112

Ian - 94

Ross B - 90

Paul S - 81

Tom - 74

Averages for the 5 Games Tonight as follows

Ian Cameron = 128.30

Stewart = 115.40

Gordon = 113.40

Paul S = 100.00

Ross B = 97.10

Pat = 84.10

Tom = 82.40

We then had a few games of Winner stays on at Pool, and there was only 1 person who had a clean slate and was Unbeaten...........Ahem I Thank You!!! :lol: :hi:

Posted

Late night, Paul? :lol:

Good to see you are using your down time wisely. I sincerely hope that something changes in the very near future to enable you all to get on the road again soon, though it looks like Team 3 will have a quiet start.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Glad to see you guys are finding plenty to do. I've been out with my camera at various places. Was at a nature Reserve in Missouri the other day and now I'm nearing the badlands on the I90. Will spend 3 or 4 hours here then head to mount rushmore and stay the night there. Will visit in the morning, and decide on whether to position for possible marginal chase day on wednesday or head west to Yellowstone National Park. If storms hold off for a signfificant length of time, I may spend a few days there before dropping south to the Grand Canyon and taking in a few more sights. Whilst I was hoping that thigns would be much more active, these completely dead periods do give me chance to go to some far off places. The car hire place isn't going to be amused at my abise of their unlimited mileage as I've already done over 4000 miles :)

Also, I need to find a hat as I've burnt my forehead really bad :) Things cleared up whilst I was about 5 miles into a 13 mile walk and it got scorching hot. (turkey vultures soaring overhead ready to pick at my body when I collapsed from dehydration :) ). Next time you bump into me I'm probably going to be wearing somethign very silly looking on my head :)

Posted

Yesterday was another Down day so we went to Lake Murray National Park and shot some Crazy Golf. Nathan will remember this place from a few years ago.

The Results of the Netweather Crazy Golf Shoot Out!

8th - Pat with a round of 62

7th - Ian with a round of 55

6th - Paul with a round of 54

4th - Ross with a round of 53

4th - Stew with a round of 53

3rd - Aine with a round of 50

2nd - Gord with a round of 49

And very well done to Mr Tom Lynch with a round of 46 - I am sure you have played before.......... :lol: :lol:

Paul S

Posted
We then had a few games of Winner stays on at Pool, and there was only 1 person who had a clean slate and was Unbeaten...........Ahem I Thank You!!! :lol: :lol:

lucky for you i wasn't there this time

Posted
lucky for you i wasn't there this time

Is that a Vieled Challenge Stu! If so bring it on...................Still Unbeaten this trip :lol:

Posted

just wanted 2 say really enjoyed all the pics an gossip over the past few weeks and to wish ian a safe journey home an im lookin 4ward 2 seein him x good luck 4 the rest of the tour xx