Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Longest Wait In Year For 1st 20oc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
In 2005, I had to wait until June 17th for it to reach above 21C whilst 2007 saw it exceeded by April 14th. This year it was May 25th, which is pretty late, even for here.

Last year we passed the 20C mark in early May but I was very surprised to see that in 2007 it wasn't reached until the 4rth of July. Maybe this year is not so unusual? 18.4C here now with clear blue skies and a light Easterly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well this year has been the latest date to reach the 20C mark but not by much. We did come close quite a few times in April this year. The past years have differed slightly with the first date of exceeding 20C:

2000: Sat 6th May - 21.3C

2001: Tue 8th May - 21.2C

2002: Wed 24th Apr - 20.1C

2003: Sun 23rd Mar - 20.4C

2004: Tue 13th Apr - 20.1C

2005: Sat 2nd Apr - 20.3C

2006: Fri 21st Apr - 20.2C

2007: Sat 14th Apr - 23.6C

2008: Sat 26th Apr - 20.2C

2009: Sun 10th May - 21.2C

Edited by Michael Prys-Roberts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A South Easterly breeze has picked up in the last half hour pegging the temps back a little. However I am confident that when I get home after work I will find that the 20C barrier was broken this morning. Just not in the Spring. :o

Posted
A South Easterly breeze has picked up in the last half hour pegging the temps back a little. However I am confident that when I get home after work I will find that the 20C barrier was broken this morning. Just not in the Spring. :drunk:

Yes, got 23.6C so made it easily. :drunk: Had to wait for the Meteorological Summer though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

28c here today! Surely there musnt be many who havent had 20c now!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Got 27C in the 1st June, so no problem afterall!

Now it's a question of whether 20C can be recorded again in June now with all the cooler weather on the way. It looks like many places will struggle to record 15C over the coming week nevermind 20C! :D

Posted

When did the UK last hit 20C? I've been looking at "the last 24 hours" for the last two days and none of them saw 20C anywhere in the country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

another long wait for 20oC i feel away from S/SE, i do think maybe aug 06 was the first month of the modern summer, much cooler and wetter every month since then, hot spells seem to be way less frequent just like cold spells in winter

although somehow my thermometer yesterday had a maximum of 40.2oC yesterday, not in sun, some error with the damn thing

Posted
When did the UK last hit 20C? I've been looking at "the last 24 hours" for the last two days and none of them saw 20C anywhere in the country.

According to the BBC website that was last Wednesday (June 3), when Chivenor recorded 25.4. Plymouth recorded 19.9 on June 5.