Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I think Harry needs to bolster our defence?

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 122
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I saw the match and I thought Spurs were just outplayed- they didn't have the same firepower up front as Arsenal and, at some point, something had to give. The second goal, admittedly, had diabolical defending.

Still, Spurs are light-years ahead of where they were this time last season. I don't think they will break into the top four but they are well up there with the likes of Man City and Aston Villa already.

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted

been going to WHL for well over 25 years, and spurs is spurs, always frustrating, always going through some sort of "reconstruction" sometimes brilliant, sometimes woeful, but wouldnt have it any other way, we are spurs..... end of

(and at least we do win things every now and then... :-)

Posted

been going to WHL for well over 25 years, and spurs is spurs, always frustrating, always going through some sort of "reconstruction" sometimes brilliant, sometimes woeful, but wouldnt have it any other way, we are spurs..... end of

(and at least we do win things every now and then... :-)

Welcome to netweather, PJ... 8):):)

You're right enough, mate - Spurs are Spurs! And, it's better to lose (or win) 5-6 (and entertain) than to win 1-0 every week. If it weren't for our 'defensive frailties' we wouldn't be Spurs??? I know. I was there in the '70s/'early 80s!! 8)

Posted

It looks brilliant...Let's just hope that they get Planning Permission!

Posted

posted loads (well 10 !) but its not showing on profile :-(

Have you tried posting about the weather? http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Posted

no weather postings, wouldnt know what to say (that wouldnt make me look like an idiot) fascinated by everything thats posted on netweather though !

I wouldn't worry about it; we all look like idiots, from time to time. And, I'm still a LONG WAY down the learning curve! http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted

Thought I'd put this in here - Glenn Hoddle: It's a Kind of Magic... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuCIExuMTe0

Posted

Thought I'd put this in here - Glenn Hoddle: It's a Kind of Magic... Posted Image

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TuCIExuMTe0

Legendary stuff there Pete. The goal at Vicarage Rd remains my fav. Could've done with some of the magic last night.

Should've buried Villa last night, totally bossed it, esp. second half, but at the end of it didn't create enough chances. Villa played like an away side (on the break).

Posted

Glad you liked it, BB. When I move back south I'll be at The Lane again... :yahoo:

In the mean time:

PS: I can't stand the 'paedophile' taunts aimed at Arsene Wenger. He's the manager who's made the Gooners play beautiful football! :good:

Posted

Glad you liked it, BB. When I move back south I'll be at The Lane again... Posted Image

In the mean time:

PS: I can't stand the 'paedophile' taunts aimed at Arsene Wenger. He's the manager who's made the Gooners play beautiful football! Posted Image

Yeah. I've gone past that kind of abusive stuff many many years ago. Some people (and sadly a lot of footie fans) can be so moronic; the biggest worry is that it's often dads with their lads at games.

Still, those goals were great too. Gazza v Arsenal at Wembley. What a masterstroke by Venners. Play a 'not 100%' fit player from the start, and see if he can inflict damage, win the game early then bring him off, rather than the 'standard manager' bringing on a 'not 100%' fit player with, say, 20 minute to go to try and save a game.

Posted

Posted ImagePosted Image Looks like the Mighty Spurs have been brought down to earth by good old Bacon faces Under 15 United teamPosted ImagePosted Image

I have to say ....that in january we need to get rid of some of those wasters who played tonight.....

Jermaine...(I cant even pass Wind straight!!) Jenas

David.....Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Bentley......I'd rather have Hossam Ghaly back!!

Alan .....(One drink..I mean trick Pony) Hutton

Only good thing to come out of tonight it...Bale looks a lot betterPosted Image

Posted

Posted ImagePosted Image Looks like the Mighty Spurs have been brought down to earth by good old Bacon faces Under 15 United teamPosted ImagePosted Image

I have to say ....that in january we need to get rid of some of those wasters who played tonight.....

Jermaine...(I cant even pass Wind straight!!) Jenas

David.....Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Bentley......I'd rather have Hossam Ghaly back!!

Alan .....(One drink..I mean trick Pony) Hutton

Only good thing to come out of tonight it...Bale looks a lot betterPosted Image

Not the League i know, but if one has serious pretences to break into the 'Top 4' and seriously challenge, say, next season, Spurs really should be beating a Man Utd 2nd team, whether it's at Old Trafford or not!

You forgot one player who should go though.....that's Keane. Only plays well against the worst Prem League sides and his 2 best seasons at The Lane were when he was playing alongside Berbatov (sorry, i had to swear!).

Posted

Let's just hope that that was our 'really dire performance to remember' for the season? We can't win 9-1 every time! :whistling:

Posted

Let's just hope that that was our 'really dire performance to remember' for the season? We can't win 9-1 every time! Posted Image

Don't have Sky Sports at the mo because i don't want to help subsidise those overpaid footballers, but i listened to the 1st half on Radio 5 live on my laptop last night and Spurs missed a fair number of chances i believe. Can't afford to do that against the best teams, especially.

Hey ho, back to work before my boss returns to his desk! Cheers

• 5 weeks later...
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Let's just hope that that was our 'really dire performance to remember' for the season? We can't win 9-1 every time! Posted Image

This seems more of a Spurs page Id say, haha

Posted

Being a Gooner Iam shocked someone wanted to create a Spurs thread seeing as there's not that

much to write about over the last 20 years...Cant believe it has created 3 pages...3 posts would

have been more realistic :yahoo:

Posted

This seems more of a Spurs page Id say, haha

Maybe we should create a Arsenal thread Essexgooner?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow; Thunderstorms; Heat Waves

whey hey! I like this thread :yahoo:

:D:D:D

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

whey hey! I like this thread :)

:):D:D

Same here, only just discovered this thread as well.

'arry's Blue & White army!

Posted

whey hey! I like this thread :)

:D:D:D

Welcome to our little hideyhole, SB...I've just put-up my new Official THFC calendar!!! (King Harry for January!) What could be better than a snowy winter AND the mighty THFC getting into the CL??? :D:):):yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

As for you 'gentiles' there's this:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/55452-premier-league-2009-2010/page__pid__1637169__st__153entry1637169

Same here, only just discovered this thread as well.

'arry's Blue & White army!

And, welcome NL! :drinks:

I was at the 9-0 thrashing of Bristol Rovers!! :yahoo::yahoo: