Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Introducing A Usa Storm Chase Forum?

Posted

Dear Netweather staff & members,

With many Netweather members taking advantage of the USA storm chase tour this year. I wondered whether the managers would be willing to introduce a NEW forum (open to everyone) specifically for Storm Chasing in the USA. Within this heading members could discuss the coming severe weather outlooks, preperation of kit (for those going out), experiences, photoes etc.

Whilst there is currently a 'Worldwide Weather Forum'. This tends to be rather non specific to those wishing to chase on the Great Plains. The heartland for the big storms! Many thanks <_<

Edited by Tony Gilbert

Posted

I'm sure the chase forum will be near the top of the forum soon. It is just down there at the moment as we are not at the most active time yet :aggressive:

Posted

Yes

The Main STORM CHASE 2009 Forum part will be in its usual place from just after April 1st, just above the Spring Discussion area, so everyone will see it and a lot of the threads in Community like the "Equipment Thread" will be moved over. There are still ongoing things at the moment, we were Testing the Live Streaming today for instance. All will be revealed in the next 2-3 weeks

Paul S

Posted

Looking forward to that Paul, and really looking forward to the new season, hoping the chasing is good for you lot this year.

I shall endevour to keep the forum updated as i have done in previous years, with data from NOAA/NHC :aggressive:

Posted
Looking forward to that Paul, and really looking forward to the new season, hoping the chasing is good for you lot this year.

I shall endevour to keep the forum updated as i have done in previous years, with data from NOAA/NHC :)

Thank You Mick

The more hands on deck this side of the Pond helps a lot as well, people like Roger J Smith, NL, Kold Weather and Pottyprof to name a few all help with updates and things they find with regards to charts and Radars, rest assured while we have Internet access we do get the info we need whilst we are chasing, it is not always easy to Update whilst on the move as the GPS Man is also the Updater to the forum and when I am screaming at him for a road option that kind of takes priority.

It's quite funny Text risk days are like a Uk Storm, nice and sedate and a gentlemans Chase, Push up to a Slight Risk that should of been a Moderate then you get a lot more fun, some mistakes but also some good moves, High Risk days are just plain crazy, the 6 High Risks I have Chased have all had me scratching my head at points, they are the Insanest days possible with things happening you only dream about, Tailgating a Cop car at 85mph down a dirt track for instance :crazy: Sliding 3 cars of the road into the ditch with the Grainfield Tornado bearing down on you, losing Windscreen wipers with 100mph RFD Winds blowing you sideways off the Interstate, and then the Gas Station............... :fool::aggressive:

Paul S

Posted
It's quite funny Text risk days are like a Uk Storm, nice and sedate and a gentlemans Chase, Push up to a Slight Risk that should of been a Moderate then you get a lot more fun, some mistakes but also some good moves, High Risk days are just plain crazy, the 6 High Risks I have Chased have all had me scratching my head at points, they are the Insanest days possible with things happening you only dream about, Tailgating a Cop car at 85mph down a dirt track for instance :crazy: Sliding 3 cars of the road into the ditch with the Grainfield Tornado bearing down on you, losing Windscreen wipers with 100mph RFD Winds blowing you sideways off the Interstate, and then the Gas Station............... :):aggressive:

Paul S

Stop getting me excited! :fool:

I've just been watching the new storm chasers on Discovery as well which is pretty good. Have you been watching it?

Posted
It's quite funny Text risk days are like a Uk Storm, nice and sedate and a gentlemans Chase, Push up to a Slight Risk that should of been a Moderate then you get a lot more fun, some mistakes but also some good moves, High Risk days are just plain crazy, the 6 High Risks I have Chased have all had me scratching my head at points, they are the Insanest days possible with things happening you only dream about, Tailgating a Cop car at 85mph down a dirt track for instance :crazy: Sliding 3 cars of the road into the ditch with the Grainfield Tornado bearing down on you, losing Windscreen wipers with 100mph RFD Winds blowing you sideways off the Interstate, and then the Gas Station............... :):aggressive:

Paul S

I love the bit in red :fool:

Posted
Stop getting me excited! :crazy:

I've just been watching the new storm chasers on Discovery as well which is pretty good. Have you been watching it?

Yeah It is great, rest assured we always run into those guys whilst we are out chasing, ran into them at Stuttgart on May 10th, and also Tour 1 ran into them on a Moderate on the 8th May in Oklahoma, also on the 22/23rd and 29th Kansas Carnage we were crossing paths.

Cookie the Cops are not interested in Chasers on High Risk days, with 40-60 Tornadoes threatening small Towns they have a lot of other things to worry about, Stewart, Aine and Gorky were on that High Risk Day on 5th May 2007 we even had Chasers taking over us at 80mph on Dirt Tracks :fool::aggressive: Utter Chaos.

I am getting excited as well

Paul S

Posted
Yeah It is great, rest assured we always run into those guys whilst we are out chasing, ran into them at Stuttgart on May 10th, and also Tour 1 ran into them on a Moderate on the 8th May in Oklahoma, also on the 22/23rd and 29th Kansas Carnage we were crossing paths.

Was that the day you got hit in the gas station? I did wonder when they said that the medic car pulled into a carwash and got hit if it was the same place you were. Although, then again it probably wasn't because it was dark when they went through Stuttgart.

Posted
Thank You Mick The more hands on deck this side of the Pond helps a lot as well, people like Roger J Smith, NL, Kold Weather and Pottyprof to name a few all help with updates and things they find with regards to charts and Radars, ..................and then the Gas Station............... :fool::aggressive: Paul S
ah yes, i remember it well :crazy:

Posted
as the GPS Man is also the Updater to the forum and when I am screaming at him for a road option that kind of takes priority.

Which is very very funny :D :lol: . Probably a good thing were not going to have audio on the live stream eh Paul.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Looking forward to keeping up with this years storm chase. I have much better broadbrand now than the forever crashing archaic Windows 98 I had till I upgraded last year so it should be even more enjoyable watching chases :D

Posted

Storm Chaser's New Series continues tonight with a double showing back to back

Channel 521 at 9.00pm - 11pm and then repeats on 522

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
Storm Chaser's New Series continues tonight with a double showing back to back

Channel 521 at 9.00pm - 11pm and then repeats on 522

If you have virgin it starts earlier at 8pm and is also a double bill (like last week).

Discovery ch 212 ....

Posted

entertainment :nonono:

part two in a minute :D :blush:

really good this week

NL I didnt realise at night they where showing two per week

I normal do catch up in the mornings on Discovery

Edited by dogs32

Posted
I watched it, now I am watching it again on +1! :nonono: The footage is so awesome.

the last 3 have been really good...the latest as been the best....good entertainment tonight

Posted
the last 3 have been really good...the latest as been the best....good entertainment tonight

Notice any Similarities with the DvD I showed you on Sunday :nonono: Dighton Storm and then the Elephant Trunk South of Quinter, May 23rd Tornadoes 1, 2 & 3 For Us, When Reed left Ness City we saw the next Tornado the TIV Saw and then to top it off we followed that Storm North East and Witnessed the Ellis Cone that hit the House and gave us the Power Flashes. It was an Awesome day, One of the Most Intense Storm Chases I have ever been on. And my best ever with 5 Tornadoes in 1 Day.

Great Footage though from Tonights Programme

Paul S

Posted

yes I said to Sue....Netweather is somewhere around Quinter...I remembered..lol..I was looking out for the team

Really good tonight :nonono:

was funny seeing the Tiv pass the Net Weather Team on your footage.

Edited by dogs32