Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Netweather Causing Dep Shutdown

SnowJoke

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Thought i's post this to see if anyone else is having problems, can't run netweather using internet explorer. My PC kicks in the security feature DEP ( data execution protection ) and forces IE to close the site, see attachment.

Very odd, only started doing it today, so wondering if theres been any programming changes or new banner ad software ect thats trying to execute program code within the web browser at fundamental level?

post-500-1235744837_thumb.jpg

Posted

Ok sorted it, nothing to do with the site, adobe flash plugin had become corrupted. a complete reset of all browser addons rectified the issue :lol:

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
Thought i's post this to see if anyone else is having problems, can't run netweather using internet explorer. My PC kicks in the security feature DEP ( data execution protection ) and forces IE to close the site, see attachment.

Very odd, only started doing it today, so wondering if theres been any programming changes or new banner ad software ect thats trying to execute program code within the web browser at fundamental level?

Funny you should mention that, SnowJoke.

I had something very similar occur only in the early hours of this morning as I was going to log in to post as regarding an issue in the Retreat Serious Discussion area. An error message I've only ever seen twice before and wish I had obtained a screenprint of it to prove that. But as memory serves, it mentioned two errors...

Thus 501 and 505 respectively. So I ran McAfee AV full scan, Ad-Aware, and the latest Spybot S&D. Problem solved it seems. (Took more than 3 hours and lack of sleep but so far, so good)!

I think, Paul that there may be an underlying issue with Javascript banners. I've not noticed until I executed the above 'clean and check' measures as mentioned above and that on my own forum that I've seen JS banners pop up today where they have never shown before. Might be worth investigating.

Phil.

Posted

Error 501/505 is indicative of a pc based problem as opposed to a website based one, which explains why after you cleaned your pc it sorted itself out.

The ads which run on here are from trusted, well known ad providers and are served through an industry standard ad server, so it's very seldom that technical issues will occur, there are definitely no javascript issues with it.

Posted

You're correct, Paul. Thanks for that. My PC sometimes act like full Moons, or women on their monthly things...

Go crazy!! :(

And a message to Flagpole.

I'm now working on a Flagpole sense_of_humour_add_on for_ip.board/any board.exe

But I think mission impossible on that score. :o

(Just kidding!)

Phil.