Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&W Yorks, Northern & North East England

Posted
Can't believe some people are writing this off already, it's only the beginning! I think you'll do much better than just a dusting.

Light snow grains here which are leaving a slight covering. Hoping for more beefy showers later :)

Okay maybe i was saying that so somebody would say i would get loads :lol: ! Anyway does raintoday.co.uk work for anyone it wont work for me, meto radar is a bit crappy, any other good radar websites out there??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
Can't believe some people are writing this off already, it's only the beginning! I think you'll do much better than just a dusting.

Light snow grains here which are leaving a slight covering. Hoping for more beefy showers later :lol:

Agreed! I didn't expect anything much 'till tomorrow, P.M. so the MetO ramping it up for tonight is a bonus. I've cried 'Wolf' too often before but this cold outbreak truely has me concerned as to what to expect, 3" is fun , 3ft drifts is not good esp. if it lasts for over a week (due to concerns over my ability to care for Luke alone whilst we are 'cut off' and his care team can't get through to give me respite)..................then again it might just turn to rain????

NOT.

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

There have been snow grains/hail in Teesside since mid-morning. I think that as the wind starts to come in from the sea, I think things will turn wet rather than white, except on higher ground (I hope so as I drive for a living!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather
There have been snow grains/hail in Teesside since mid-morning. I think that as the wind starts to come in from the sea, I think things will turn wet rather than white, except on higher ground (I hope so as I drive for a living!)

I think tmmoro will be white with at least a good 5cm covering and more snow showers during the day topping it up

Posted

Evening all,had a few snow-grain showers through the day which has left the tiniest of dustings.

The radar looks impressive with the heavier showers edging north all the time.

Posted

Just started to snow properly here now in the last 10 mins,blowing past the lamp post at quite a rate of knots. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
slight shower now but for the first time today it's flakes rather than grains

Hi Hanners!

I think we've now seen the last of the 'graining/Graupel' and it'll be flakes from here on in!

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Just had a moderate shower here, best so far :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

When is it going to snow in my area any ideas please

Hi Hanners!

I think we've now seen the last of the 'graining/Graupel' and it'll be flakes from here on in!

Hi Wolfie mate,yup you appear to be quite correct...I've just been out and it's snowing steadily,and it was all flakes :)

Posted

I wish it was all flakes here, still that snizzle type of PPN falling at the moment.

According to the GFS PPN charts, the main convective stuff does not happen until after mid-night, maybe a little bit of paitance is required perhaps. Glad too see the mild sector has shrunked but i be surprised if tomorrow nights event was all snow here.

Posted

We now have a covering here in Leeds. That's all that was forecast for today so we're on track. It's later tonight/early tomorrow morning that the fun should start.

Posted
I wish it was all flakes here, still that snizzle type of PPN falling at the moment.

According to the GFS PPN charts, the main convective stuff does not happen until after mid-night, maybe a little bit of paitance is required perhaps. Glad too see the mild sector has shrunked but i be surprised if tomorrow nights event was all snow here.

Just had a 10 - 15 min downpour of grauple/light grains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

only aslight covering here in york, we need a more prolonged shower to get any beta covering than we have now

Posted

Just had a really heavy hail shower covered everything and been out for a tab and it has now also got crunchy so temps must be dropping

oh well we will see

come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

snowing here in Keighley,West Yorkshire.It is also freezing!!

Posted
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem
Okay maybe i was saying that so somebody would say i would get loads :D ! Anyway does raintoday.co.uk work for anyone it wont work for me, meto radar is a bit crappy, any other good radar websites out there??

Could try this :)

http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=exp

Hi to the other Keighley'ite' Becca BTW :) Its getting heavier up at Haworth too now ;)

Ned

Edited by ned

Posted

Looking at the cloud images, i have to ask myself where are these 'speckly' type of cloud you normally see when cold air goes over 'warmer' seas because its all look a bit flat too me at the moment, can anyone else share any light what type of cloud you can see when looking outside at the moment?

Posted

I have jus posted in the NW thread, but hey as Cumbria seems to cover both regions I'll post in this thread aswell.

We have had some light snow grains/flurries this afternoon and early eve - polystreyne snow as I call it giving a slight cover - quite surprised as we are quite far west although not very sheltered from any NE/E wind, hoping to see a couple of cms overnight and hoping the snow doesn't fragment as it transfers over the pennines during tomorrow evening and night, the wind will certainly push it over this way.

Still think Pennine districts in N Yorkshire will see the heaviest snow tomorrow evening..

Posted

The trouble for those who are at work tomorrow or generally have to travel first thing in this part of thw world is yes whilst there may be a couple of inches tops first thing in the morning it won't be enough to prevent most people from getting to work - so no excuses unlike those in the south east where rush hour could be very disrupted, however, the snow looks set to come in during the evening rush hour meaning it could be a long trek home, much better when it is snowing first thing... something for many to bear in mind, might be best setting off home early tomorrow.