Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&W Yorks, Northern & North East England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
Hi Pennine! though you may need a magnifying glass it's been graining here ,on and off, since at least 9a.m. Darkening out your way now so you must be getting something?

Things are seeming a little advanced on yesterdays forecast with us seeing ppn a good 6 hours before I thought we'd have it,

Absolutely G-W, just had ten minutes of grains, has collected in nooks and crannies, and I would say that not a single grain has melted, which is nice ! Temperature down to -0.8C, wind now gusting up to 25 mph, so apparently my wind chill is -11.2C already !!! Sometimes being on the eastern edge of the Pennine spine can be a bit, um, raw !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
Wow! what a countryfile forecast,a potential for up to 40cm of snow for the pennine areas

What's that in inches ? I might have a little trouble getting to work this coming week if that pans out............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Snow coming down more heavily now.

Posted

So whats the deal with them showers, aee they going to extend northwards?? It looks as if i will be getting the northern edge of the showers <_< :D

Snow coming down more heavily now.

Setting ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
What's that in inches ? I might have a little trouble getting to work this coming week if that pans out............

Nearly 16 inches, so quite a lot.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Theres a big ball of precipitation just making landfall now, should produce a covering, should get it on Scapegoat Hill..

Posted
http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Theres a big ball of precipitation just making landfall now, should produce a covering, should get it on Scapegoat Hill..

Light grain stuff falling here, has been on and off for last hour. Just sent the white cat out now as i might lose it in the snow later. lol :nonono:

Posted

More snow grains falling here, just looked at the cloud images and the more convective shower clouds are slowly but surely heading this way but still miles out in the North Sea, probably won't be until the evening time before we see any proper snow showers but once they do arrive they should be frequent and heavy.

Posted

Haven't you got to just love the 48hr forecast. It said a light flurry at 12.00 - 13.00 and sure enough that's what we got. Really looking forward to later today and tomorrow. I'm expecting about 4"

Posted
Haven't you got to just love the 48hr forecast. It said a light flurry at 12.00 - 13.00 and sure enough that's what we got. Really looking forward to later today and tomorrow. I'm expecting about 4"

Yes, so am I, we've waited a long time for a widespread event like this :)

Snow becoming heavier, but not settling yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Turning to flakes from grains here and quite driven by the wind.

I'm starting to wonder whether the stratospheric MWW will mean writing off ALL of Feb to cold as it impacts the synoptics early next week!!!

My partner and son are lapping it up 'down under' (28c+) at the moment....so only Luke and I to enjoy it all!!! (until his carers can't get thru' and I'm stuck pulling 24hr shifts with him... 'till March!!!LOL)

OMG! just looked at the Radar!!!

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

Hi Guys.

So that the forum can continue to run as smoothly as possible, there is going to be a little

downtime, so that the cpu can be upgraded.

We apologise for this, and will try to keep any disruption to a minimum

Thanks for your patience

Brian :lol:

Posted

Its snowing :lol: Only light and small flakes but it's started finally. Temperature 2, with windchill -5, dewpoint -2

Posted

Wen to Asda to day (215m asl) and was extremely busy, unusually so, even busier than christmas!! According to the manager everyone is "panic buying" because of all the snow expected :lol: , pretty remarkable, looks like news has spread!!!

Any one one pannicking where you are??

Posted
Wen to Asda to day (215m asl) and was extremely busy, unusually so, even busier than christmas!! According to the manager everyone is "panic buying" because of all the snow expected :lol: , pretty remarkable, looks like news has spread!!!

Any one one pannicking where you are??

Yeah, - my wife's just taken the grandkids home.....don't want to be stuck with them another night :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Well on monday its snow all the way i think the met office are about to issue a red warning for tuesday for most of the uk :lol:

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

we have had a few snow grain showers, but nothing major yet, still plenty of time ,

nigel