Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&W Yorks, Northern & North East England

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

A few showers just about hitting york at the moment, so its looking good for a flurry around dinner time here.

Also, while it may turn to rain tuesday for you near the coast, us in Leeds are looking very good according to the BBC.

Posted

Just looked out the window and can see a patch of blue sky! There's plenty of cloud around just not above my house :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Nothing this far west yet, but temp still down at -0.2C and dewpoint of -4.5C, with a 'right nithering' wind. From our upstairs window I can see as far east as Ferrybridge cooling towers on a clear day, which is a good 40 miles, so I think I'll get plenty of warning if/when anything is headed this way !

Posted

Snowing very lightly for last 10minutes, temo rose by 0.3c when it started snowing, 0.9c atm.

Tonight:

Cloudy with further outbreaks of snow, heavy in places with some drifting likely, especially over hills. Very cold east to northeast winds persisting. Minimum temperature -2 °C. (met office Yorkshire)

Sounds good to me :)

Posted

Snow flurries have arrived here, got a few small snow grains blowing around in the wind!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Also, I must say it's nice to see some of the longer standing members who haven't been on for ages posting again, I've often wondered what had happened to all those members who joined in the first year or two but haven't posted for a long time - welcome back !!!

Posted

light-moderate snow/hail falling here with cloud cover

Posted

Light snow grains here at the moment

slightly heavier but not settling

cars getting a slight dusting!!!!

Edited by fazzafarrand

Posted

Update; LBA has completely dissapeared from view due to snow, must be very heavy there atm not heavy here though :rolleyes:

Posted

First of all, what a good idea to put in seperate threads for different localities, hopefully this will be something that happends again when expecting widespread severe unusual conditions...

Anyhow, I was really in two minds where to post this thread, although usually affiniated with the NW, and being in the south of Cumbria, due to the easterly component erring on NE component of the wind I felt it more appropraite to post in thsi thread- others may say stick to the NW thread..

I thinkwe are in good favoured spot for holding onto the cold uppers for quite a while longer than those to our east, also we tend to do quite well when there is a north east component to the wind - less sheltered and with a bit of a height we often see hefty falls over the eastern fells which blast there way down to us in Windermere. Although not expecting huge amounts, could well see a good 3 or 4 inches by tuesday if not more hopefully.

Looking good beyond with NE wind returning from Thursday hopefully more snow showers to come.. Looking forward to the countryfile forecast could be a bit of a classic...

Pennine districts certainly look like getting a real pasting with eastern aspects in central yorkshire somewhere like Wensleydale and Wharfdale in with a shout of getting heaviest falls in this part of the world.

Posted

Snowing/Hailing moderatley atm the snow flakes are very small, the wind has picked up causing poor visability :rolleyes::(

Whoooaaaa-Latest beeb forecast said up to 30cm of snow for Yorkshire on Tuesday Night, he also said this would be an extreme weather event!!!!

Edited by 10123

Posted

I think we'll only see a few flurries during today in Darligton. We did surprisingly well out of the last cold snap, but something tells me we're a little too low down to get anything to majorly shout about with this one.

Had a light shower earlier of the fine stuff, darkening up a little bit now too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
Nothing this far west yet, but temp still down at -0.2C and dewpoint of -4.5C, with a 'right nithering' wind. From our upstairs window I can see as far east as Ferrybridge cooling towers on a clear day, which is a good 40 miles, so I think I'll get plenty of warning if/when anything is headed this way !

Hi Pennine! though you may need a magnifying glass it's been graining here ,on and off, since at least 9a.m. Darkening out your way now so you must be getting something?

Things are seeming a little advanced on yesterdays forecast with us seeing ppn a good 6 hours before I thought we'd have it,

Posted
Wow! what a countryfile forecast,a potential for up to 40cm of snow for the pennine areas

Yup and it showed quite nicely frequent heavy snow showers into our area aswell. :D

Regarding Monday night event, i'm still expecting a snow too rain event here but if the mild sector gets smaller or further East than first though then perhaps it might take longer for the snow to turn back too rain but we shall see what happens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Just started snowing here only the grauple stuff but snow nonetheless

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey
Very Light grains starting to blow around here.

Yup.. I think I counted about 8 :rolleyes: