Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Politics And AGW/GW

noggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
There is that side of it Pete. There is truth there as well *agreement nodding head smilie*

There is indeed, Tamara.. :rolleyes:

TWS, you have put it a lot better than I would have done... :lol:

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
But their are fruitcakes on both sides of the argument. Hansen being one of these for sure, but that doesn't stop some on here from putting him on a pedestal!

This is all true as well.

I also agree with all that TWS says too. Hence why i said it is worth looking between the lines of the rhetoric in that Monckton link.

Posted
OK, the guys a little OTT but that doesn't make him a fruit cake.....

Yup, a bit harsh I agree - going with the flow of the thread a bit :rolleyes:

But their are fruitcakes on both sides of the argument. Hansen being one of these for sure, but that doesn't stop some on here from putting him on a pedestal!

Dr Hansen is a fine scientist.

Lord Monckton is a politician.

Besides, I have (see above) admitted I was a bit harsh. Can you?

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Hansen isn't exactly the best example for AGW to follow.

There are much better I'm sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Hansen may well be a fine scientist, but when he delves into the politics it becomes a completely different story...

Posted
Hansen isn't exactly the best example for AGW to follow.

There are much better I'm sure.

I can see I'm going to have to start referring to Lord Monckton as 'Monckton' just to balance out the tone :lol:

Ok, Monckton isn't exactly the best example for AGW minimalists to follow - unless you think eating DDT by the spoonful is sensible :rolleyes:

Posted

It seems to me, that there are two problems here: politicians who dabble in science, and scientists who dabble in politics. Three, if you count Prince Charles dabbling in anything! :rolleyes:

Posted
It seems to me, that there are two problems here: politicians who dabble in science, and scientists who dabble in politics. Three, if you count Prince Charles dabbling in anything! :rolleyes:

Hard to disagree with....so I wont.

Posted
Hansen may well be a fine scientist, but when he delves into the politics it becomes a completely different story...

Again you put it far more elegantly than I could/would/should! :)

He is a scientist Dev yes, but fine? Well I 'll differ on that one! :lol:

Posted
He is a scientist Dev yes, but fine? Well I 'll differ on that one! :shok:

I'm with Dev (!!!!) here - he is indeed a fine scientist,but his ball has ended up in a field where it does not belong.

Meanwhile,I hope my lad's school gets a guy like this in:

http://icecap.us/images/uploads/Report_from_the_field.pdf

The day he comes home from school repeating the sort of c**p us adults have to endure,I'll be up there for a few words with the headmaster. Ain't happened yet,I'm surprised at that 'cos we all know it's better to catch them young...

Posted
I'm with Dev (!!!!) here - he is indeed a fine scientist,but his ball has ended up in a field where it does not belong.

Me too, LG. If everyone stayed in their own camps?? :shok:

Posted
Me too, LG. If everyone stayed in their own camps?? :lol:
Bloody hell this is getting confusing, at one time it was them and us. Now it seems we all want to be nice to one another!! Is this Net Weathers answer to the 60's!! :shok:

Posted
Bloody hell this is getting confusing, at one time it was them and us. Now it seems we all want to be nice to one another!! Is this Net Weathers answer to the 60's!! :shok:

:lol: :lol: How Many Roads Must a Man Walk Down...?

It's occurred to me that we are all after the same thing, SC - the thruth. And we are not going to find it if we bicker, are we? :lol:

Posted
:lol: :lol: How Many Roads Must a Man Walk Down...?

It's occurred to me that we are all after the same thing, SC - the thruth. And we are not going to find it if we bicker, are we? :lol:

How true Pete, time to get my flares out again I guess! :shok:

Also I think most of us are tired of the circular arguments that go on in climate forums! Time to put the petty arguments to one side, it's getting us all no where fast!!

Edited by Solar Cycles

Posted
How true Pete, time to get my flares out again I guess! :shok:

Also I think most of us are tired of the circular arguments that go on in climate forums! Time to put the petty arguments to one side, it's getting us all no where fast!!

I couldn't agree more! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
:D:DHow Many Roads Must a Man Walk Down...?

It's occurred to me that we are all after the same thing, SC - the thruth. And we are not going to find it if we bicker, are we? :o

Taken your teeth out again?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
:D:DHow Many Roads Must a Man Walk Down...?

Before we stabilises at 350ppm (or less)........

Good ole' shanksies pony eh?

Posted

Is it me or is just coincidence that the government and media start talking about climate change at the first hint of warm weather? Its about as predictable as big brother!

Posted
Is it me or is just coincidence that the government and media start talking about climate change at the first hint of warm weather? Its about as predictable as big brother!

No it's always been that way unfortunately, what you have to remember is that they like a good old fashioned scaremogering story. And what better way to scare us, than coming out with a load of old tosh, about how we are all doomed in the not to distant future! Thankfully most on here can see through the b*******!

Posted
No it's always been that way unfortunately, what you have to remember is that they like a good old fashioned scaremogering story. And what better way to scare us, than coming out with a load of old tosh, about how we are all doomed in the not to distant future! Thankfully most on here can see through the b*******!

Not sure about that, though I do think I can spot conspiracy theory when I see it, and if I had a pound for every time someone had used the word 'scaremongering' wrt AGW I could retire now and buy the Maldives a sea wall to boot :lol:

Posted
Not sure about that, though I do think I can spot conspiracy theory when I see it, and if I had a pound for every time someone had used the word 'scaremongering' wrt AGW I could retire now and buy the Maldives a sea wall to boot :lol:

At least we can all see clearly the link between weather and climate: Extent of climate change depends on next weeks weather forecast.

Tongue and cheek I know but worrying the message seems to be delivered in such a childish manner :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I agree that the term "scaremongering" is overused... but on the other hand, some of the more extreme stuff that goes on is perhaps hard to describe any other way?

Posted

I remember Mr Benn from some time ago on kiddiewinkies TV - he was a fantasist and dresser-up, but I don't know if his first name was Hilary. Still, he tells a good yarn for the inconceivable future of the environment.

Our UK "Climate Change Farm" tells a different story though!

As the North Atlantic drift warmth is again throttled by overriding Arctic meltwaters, for the third year running, the impending midsummer washout may make the BBC story sound even more like a fairy tale.

Edited by Chris Knight

Posted

The thing about the Arctic Mr K. is that this final stage (the loss of Perennial and summer ice cover for the majority of the Arctic Ocean and the surrounding Bodies of water) of Arctic warming is so fast (compare the melting of a skim of ice to a crust) that the accumulation of data becomes slower than the accumulation of the yearly observations of disastrous ice loss to the point that we no longer have the luxury of time to amass data/paleo records to be reassured with.

We (I feel) are well beyond the point of "making the call" yet still we dally behind the " We must have peer reviewed Papers". The Evidence must suggest we are in 'Novel' times and we abandon common sense in favour of the extremes we sanction to support our dalliance. :rolleyes:

Posted

EDIT: I hate this Laptop........

Edited by Gray-Wolf