Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Great Midlands Blizzard 9th December 1990

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, thunderstorms, warmth, sun any time!

Found quite a few decent quality photos from the Geograph.org.uk site of this event a few years back, in the Canley and Allesley part of Coventry with the last 2 on the A45 Dunchurch highway next to Allesley.

WWW.GEOGRAPH.ORG.UK

Shared description for Heavy snow in Coventry, Dec 1990, featuring 14 images

Incredible event and probably not repeated for a lot more years to come. Do hope one day I can experience something like this into low lying areas of the Midlands. Makes December 2010 and 2017 look like a dusting. 31cm in Bablake. @TonyH @Dancerwithwings @Steve Buckley Might be of interest this photos.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Edited by Metwatch
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

It was incredible. The intensity and speed of the snowfall was unbelievable. From flecking at 11.30-12 ish, to 1-2 inches thick by 1.30am was surprising to say the least. The following morning was jaw dropping. 

• Like 1

Posted

I remember it very vividly, on the Saturday morning I was awake early to the deepest snow I've ever seen. All the conifers in the back garden were bent all the way over by the weight of the wet snow. Must have been around 30cm approximately and thundersnow to, the power went out about late morning and when it did come back on, we were only getting half the normal supply as the lights were dim, truly surreal. My Dad some how got to Birmingham from Tamworth on the train but was stranded there for two days but was put up in a hotel by the company he worked for. 

Edited by Squally77
Missing words
  • Like 1