Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports - Wednesday 3rd December Onwards

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Hillsborough, Co Down (100m) - home. East London (15m) - uni
  • Location: Hillsborough, Co Down (100m) - home. East London (15m) - uni

Moderate (wet) snow here - I'm about 13 miles SW of Belfast. A bit of slush on the ground is about all we have to show for it as yet though... Temperature had risen to 1.5 C earlier, fluctuating now between 0.0 and 0.5 C.

Posted

Hi, I used to visit this site, I was CarmarthenshireSnow but recently moved from Wales back to my old home of the West Midlands.

We had snow last night, just a dusting here in Walsall, where the sun didnt get to it, it stuck all day, pretty remarkable that some pavements were all white throughout the day. Doesnt happen often anymore!

Just wondering if I will get snow here, seems like touch and go.

Im just north of Birmingham.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Heavy hail occurred in the Tyne & Wear area at around 4am this morning, which left a covering of hail across the area except for the extreme coastal fringe (for example there was nothing lying on the South Shields Weather webcam this morning, but my parents reported that at Cleadon, just a mile further inland, much of it is still lying there). There were also wintry showers around midnight-2am though probably falling as sleet or rain near the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ice and snow, heat and sun!

Light snow now falling here in Perthshire on top of approx 2" from yesterday. Temp currently -4.5C.

Posted

hi there :)

I just subscribed to the full netweather package and was watching the radar in anticipation of some potential snow, I live near liverpool well i mean towards hale. Looking and interpreting what the radar is showing me seems to be 2 different things. For example several times today it has said we are either under a large blob of snow or its sleeting, the entirety of liverpool is apparently right now under a large pool of sleet..which is rather odd since nothing the radar has shown or continues to show is happening at my post code level..infact its still frosty and rather clear here at the moment.

looking at one of the gfs it was actually showing snow from around 2am for a short time ie til around 4 or 5 am and some of that could be heavy before turning back to rain even at lower levels unless i actually interpreted the charts wrongly? Guess since the radar isnt telling me what it really is doing at the moment, is there actually going to be any snow here tonight at this location in the early hours as the gfs as stated?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Absolutely anything extreme or unusual

Small snow flakes here, just beginning to settle as the ground is still frozen.

expect to wake in the morning to find 6c and the back end of wind and rain. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Light-moderate snow here now, settling on all surfaces.

Posted

seems to be sitting away from the west coast about 10 miles inland..very odd..considering once again the east coast is going to get battered again. The only chance we have for snow is either nw or from the west if its particulary cold here..both have been poor performers tonight. MetO gave us an over generous 60% chance from 3/5am for heavy snow..it is cloudy and cold but the snow or any precip is completely missing us now...so much for snow threat lolol

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

IT IS SNOWING MODERATELY. :D

Posted

Just light snow here, but blown on by a strong wind. Current snow intensity just 1 on the Stratos scale; seems more impressive under the light because of the wind. If we get a decent fall there'll be some impressive drifts hereabouts.

Posted

heavy snow now!