Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Updated 7 Day Local Forecasts

Paul

Posted

We've updated the 7 and 14 day local forecast this morning, to include a freshened up look, bring in wind chill and snow risk for the season and also to add sunset / sunrise times, plus the moon phase.

You can find them here:

[nwlink=http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx2;sess=]7 day weather[/nwlink]

As ever, feedback is much appreciated ;)

Paul

Posted

Hi Paul.

Kind of a request (if you feel is needed) and also a question.

On the forecasts and GEFS ppn graphs, what is the time frame? Per hour, 3 hours etc?

The request was maybe whether on the forecast, you feel it might be worth adding the fall rate?

Looks good though :) Although you could have at least fiddled the snow chance a little for the updae ;)

Posted

To be honest, we've been rolling this out slowly across other forecasts on the site up to this point and you're the first person to come back with that feedback, so at this time I don't think there is much likelihood of them being returned to the original design I'm afraid.

In what way do you find it hard to see, I'm trying to compare it myself and can't find where any of the figures or symbols are less clear on this version?

Posted

It's possibly just my display settings, but the background appears paler in comparison to the old solid grey one, which makes the text seem less visible to me.

Posted

I see your point on that, with a gradient behind it may distract the eye from the text a little more, but from feedback so far, and as far as I can see, I don't think it should be making the text any harder to read.

If it is an issue, we'll obviously look to remedy it, so please keep the feedback coming on it once you've perhaps had a chance to get used to the new design?

• 3 months later...
Posted

I just noticed that the using 7 day forecast for Leeds it reckons the avg. Temp at 15:00 today will be 7C!

That isn't what the GFS is showing for that time today so I was wondering if there is bug in the software?