Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Slinky

Your Random Photographs

Just a big old ivy.
This is hosted on flickr I thought external hosts were blocked?

41152997190_806c4444a5_b.jpg

I was playing about in photoshop with this, taken about ten years back when a re-enacting group were at the NYMR steam railway.
Combining images and text can sometimes work well.

But then you wonder what you'll do with it....

37072315213_909c735043_b.jpg

Experimenting with extension tubes

Thistle.thumb.jpg.ab39b28c6fcc66646e255d7e4c9f8ca9.jpg Potentilla.thumb.jpg.11abdeb07e101c0b64c9a3f26ea498aa.jpg

HELP ME PLEASE!

I make Christmas fairies, sell them artists markets and I have an Etsy shop. I'm REALLY struggling getting decent pics of them to put on-line. I've got a Sony Cybershot camera, it's a brilliant little thing but the light levels in my house are lousy, I end up having to put them in the window, using a muslin shield but the end results still aren't much good. Any hints/tips/recipes for better success would be very greatly appreciated. Especially how the hell do I take pics of white ones? It's doing my head in. Examples.....

DSC02509.JPG

DSC02517.JPG

5 hours ago, jethro said:

HELP ME PLEASE!

I make Christmas fairies, sell them artists markets and I have an Etsy shop. I'm REALLY struggling getting decent pics of them to put on-line. I've got a Sony Cybershot camera, it's a brilliant little thing but the light levels in my house are lousy, I end up having to put them in the window, using a muslin shield but the end results still aren't much good. Any hints/tips/recipes for better success would be very greatly appreciated. Especially how the hell do I take pics of white ones? It's doing my head in. Examples.....

DSC02509.JPG

DSC02517.JPG

• If possible on your camera you could turn down the shutter speed, this keeps the shutter open for longer and therefore lets in more light which helps with taking photos in the dark.
  • If it was a day like today (lovely and sunny) you could take photos of them outside in the garden: e.g. on a table with a plainish background. Depending on what you think looks best.
  • Try filtering the pictures if you can't get anything to work.
  • If taking the picture by a window with the white dolls, make sure the sun if lighting the room, but is not shining directly at the doll otherwise it might make it look too ghost like!
  • Use Colour contrasting if the pictures don't look good. Bright colours like oranges and reds and purples really catch one's eye.

I hope this helped, please send me your new photos via sticky note as I probably won't find this chat again! 😀

Leon

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leon1 said:
  • If possible on your camera you could turn down the shutter speed, this keeps the shutter open for longer and therefore lets in more light which helps with taking photos in the dark.
  • If it was a day like today (lovely and sunny) you could take photos of them outside in the garden: e.g. on a table with a plainish background. Depending on what you think looks best.
  • Try filtering the pictures if you can't get anything to work.
  • If taking the picture by a window with the white dolls, make sure the sun if lighting the room, but is not shining directly at the doll otherwise it might make it look too ghost like!
  • Use Colour contrasting if the pictures don't look good. Bright colours like oranges and reds and purples really catch one's eye.

I hope this helped, please send me your new photos via sticky note as I probably won't find this chat again! 😀

Leon

You're a star. Thank you so much!

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 22:57, jethro said:

You're a star. Thank you so much!

You're welcome - I'm glad to help anytime. 

• Like 1

I was in south Devon a few weeks ago....was stunning

IMG_1602.jpg